The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  

Season 19/20 - Championship Rivals

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Hibs have released burgirgama though he'll probably have better offers.

Agreed, not sure how he'd cope with the physicality though.

Thats also the greatest attempt to spell his name I've ever seen, kudos. :lol2:

• Funny 3

11 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Agreed, not sure how he'd cope with the physicality though.

Thats also the greatest attempt to spell his name I've ever seen, kudos. :lol2:

Haha I couldn't be arsed looking it up.

James Craigen departs Dunfermline after failing to agree a contract.

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

James Craigen departs Dunfermline after failing to agree a contract.

Speaking to Dunfs mate who are 'in the know', Dunfs are absolutely broke again. They might be looking to offload some of their higher earners.

That's Kevin Nisbet said his goodbyes to his Raith team mates and is heading for the Championship with a clause allowing him to depart after Raith stayed down. He scored 29 goals and had 4 assists in 34 games in League 1. Looks like he's heading to Dunfermline but nothing official yet.

I was impressed with him when I watched their play-off matches. He was doing a lot of hold up play and looked quite strong for his size which I didn't really expect. Some parallels of the Shankland story with Nisbet, he was basically given his last shot of full-time football after being a bit of an a**e and had a great season.

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

That's Kevin Nisbet said his goodbyes to his Raith team mates and is heading for the Championship with a clause allowing him to depart after Raith stayed down. He scored 29 goals and had 4 assists in 34 games in League 1. Looks like he's heading to Dunfermline but nothing official yet.

I was impressed with him when I watched their play-off matches. He was doing a lot of hold up play and looked quite strong for his size which I didn't really expect. Some parallels of the Shankland story with Nisbet, he was basically given his last shot of full-time football after being a bit of an a**e and had a great season.

Their best player by far- leads line very well and won all of their player of year trophies. Looked well above league 1 standard each time I saw him. 

Kevin holt Re-signs for Queen of the south

2 hours ago, DFC#1 said:

Kevin holt Re-signs for Queen of the south

That's a terrific signing. As is Doolan. Wonder where the money is suddenly appearing from. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

That's a terrific signing. As is Doolan. Wonder where the money is suddenly appearing from. 

There was always talk of Holt wanting to go back to Dumfries a few months after he joined so maybe they didn't need to break the bank there if he had personal reasons. Doolan won't be a big money signing either I wouldn't imagine, it doesn't look like any huge clubs have been interested yet.

39 minutes ago, harry94 said:

There was always talk of Holt wanting to go back to Dumfries a few months after he joined so maybe they didn't need to break the bank there if he had personal reasons. Doolan won't be a big money signing either I wouldn't imagine, it doesn't look like any huge clubs have been interested yet.

A bit early if he's 'settling for second best' though. Could be loads of reasons for him going there but money might still be one.

QoS always have a good squad on paper but have never really threatened promotion. However that’s two good signings and so they are again showing good intent.

Arbroath sign Derek Gaston from Morton and Scott Stewart from Airdrie. Seem like two really good signings on paper given that they are limited to part-time players - Gaston has been a competent enough 'keeper at Morton for years and then Stewart seems to be a very promising full back.

Fancy Dick Campbell to make a good fist of this league. They were very very comfortable third tier winners and have only strengthened.

• Like 1

Stewart is apparently going to be playing RM predominantly. Seems to have struggled a bit last season from what I have read. Garston is a very decent signing for them. 

United to sign Argentinian left-back Adrian Sporle.