The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
harry94

Dundee Fc - Contracts for 19/20

Rate this topic

I thought I'd make this thread to keep track of the contract status for players for the 19/20 season in one place. As it stands, we have 9 players signed up and question marks over three players. 5 youngsters who have played small roles in the first-team have already been released and 16 others are set to depart unless they are given new contracts.

Age is as they are on the 1st August.

Signed Up

Goalkeepers

#1: Jack Hamilton (25) - May 2021

#12: Calum Ferrie (21) - May 2020

Defenders

#2 Cammy Kerr (23) - May 2021

#3: Jordan McGhee (23) - May 2021

#5: Jordon Forster (25) - May 2021 with option of additional year

#6: Josh Meekings (26) - May 2020

#14: Andrew Davies (34) - May 2020

#22: Jordan Marshall (22) - May 2021

Midfielders

#4: Jamie Ness (28) - May 2021 with option of additional year

#7: Josh Todd (25) - May 2021

#8: Shaun Byrne (26) - May 2022 *option of further year

#10: Paul McGowan (31) - May 2020

#11: Declan McDaid (23) - May 2021

Strikers

#9: Andrew Nelson (21) - May 2021

#15: Craig Curran (29) - May 2021

#18: Danny Johnson (26) - May 2021

Young Players on Senior Deals

#17: Luke Strachan - unknown

#18: Michael Cunningham - unknown

#19: Finlay Robertson (16) - May 2021

#22: Callum Moore (19) - May 2021

#24: Max Anderson (18) - May 2021

#25: Lyall Cameron (16) - May 2021

#26: Josh Mulligan (16) - May 2021

#29: Sam Fisher (19) - unknown

#30: Harrison Sharp (18) - unknown

Out of Contract/Departed

Goalkeepers

#12: Elliott Parish (29) - Signs for St Johnstone until 2021

#31: Seny Dieng (24) - Returns to parent club QPR

#31: Kyle Gourlay (20) - Signs for Hamilton until 2020

Defenders
#3: Nathan Ralph (26) - Signs for Southend United until 2021 with an option of extension

#5: Genseric Kusunga (31) - Free agent

#16: Ryan McGowan (29) - Signs for Sydney FC until 2021

#21: Darren O'Dea (32) - Signs for East Kilbride in Lowland League and takes up coaching role with Motherwell

#25: Dan Jefferies (20) - Signs for Pen-y-Bont F.C. in Welsh Premier Division

#29: James Horsfield (23) - Returned to parent club Scunthorpe where he is contracted until 2020

#34: Kerr Waddell (21) - Signs for Montrose until 2021

Midfielders

#4: Martin Woods (33) - Free agent

#: James Vincent (29) - Signs for Inverness until 2021

#8: Ethan Robson (22) - Returned to parent club Sunderland

#10: Scott Wright (21) - Returned to parent club Aberdeen where he has two years left on his deal

#17: Andy Dales (24) - Returned to parent club Scunthorpe where he is contracted until 2020

#28: Andreas Hadenius (28) - Returned to parent club Halmstads BK where he is contracted to Jan 2021

#7: John O'Sullivan (25) - Released by parent club Blackpool and is now a free agent

#47: Jack Lambert (20) - Signs for Scunthorpe

#27: Jesse Curran (23) - Free agent

Strikers

#: Cedwyn Scott (20) - Free agent

#: Matt Henvey (19) - Free agent

#: Faissal El Bakhtaoui (26) - Free agent

#: Kenny Miller (39) - Signs for Partick Thistle until 2020

• Like 1
  • Wowzer 2
  • Star Post 1

Hi Harry,

Thank you for the above information.

There might also be question marks regarding Andrew Davies who is currently out with a broken foot which is the second time he has broken it in three months. Josh Meekings has also been out injured for the whole of this season, eventually undergoing a hip operation after a period of treatment which was unsuccessful. Davies and Meekings might have to hang up their boots. 

2 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi Harry,

Thank you for the above information.

There might also be question marks regarding Andrew Davies who is currently out with a broken foot which is the second time he has broken it in three months. Josh Meekings has also been out injured for the whole of this season, eventually undergoing a hip operation after a period of treatment which was unsuccessful. Davies and Meekings might have to hang up their boots. 

True, not really ideal that two of the players we have signed up are struggling with injury (and that's not including Nelson who has been injured for most of his career and has struggled to last more than an hour in games) and then Kenny Miller is 39!

I think there's maybe a wee chance Meekings could come back as the hip injury is different from what he had before and he's still young enough, I'd be surprised if Davies ever plays for us though as he's 34 this season and has been struggling for years with different issues.

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

True, not really ideal that two of the players we have signed up are struggling with injury (and that's not including Nelson who has been injured for most of his career and has struggled to last more than an hour in games) and then Kenny Miller is 39!

I think there's maybe a wee chance Meekings could come back as the hip injury is different from what he had before and he's still young enough, I'd be surprised if Davies ever plays for us though as he's 34 this season and has been struggling for years with different issues.

Hi Harry,

Thank you for your information.

I was not aware that Nelson had been injured for most of his career. Why did we sign him if he is injury prone. I would worry about Meekings being able to return to Senior Professional football after a hip operation. Andy Murray is unlikely to be the same player after his hip operation. It is usually older people who require a hip operation. One of our table tennis players in Islay has just undergone a hip operation at the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital in Glasgow at the age of 60.

Wow!! What a choice!!!....I would keep Ralph, Nelson and maybe Dales-The Rest can..................

biggest surprise in that list is that Horsefield is only 22 - would easily have added 10 years to that!!

Get Cammy signed up please

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

4 minutes ago, Dayster said:

biggest surprise in that list is that Horsefield is only 22 - would easily have added 10 years to that!!

Get Cammy signed up please

Apologies, I put some of the ages wrong so he's actually 23. That's still pretty shocking though!

• Wowzer 1
  • Funny 1

C Kerr who showed himself to be a good centre mid prospect in the first half before being moved to RB is a must for me.Did others see that after the final whistle on Saturday he stripped off his top and ran over to the South Enclosure  to hand it to someone.Was that significant?I hope not.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dfcman said:

Did others see that after the final whistle on Saturday he stripped off his top and ran over to the South Enclosure  to hand it to someone.Was that significant?I hope not.

Didn't G Stewart do something similar before he was off?

1 hour ago, dfcman said:

C Kerr who showed himself to be a good centre mid prospect in the first half before being moved to RB is a must for me.Did others see that after the final whistle on Saturday he stripped off his top and ran over to the South Enclosure  to hand it to someone.Was that significant?I hope not.

It was also shown (close-up) on the Alba recording. He signalled to someone ('elderly', aulder than me I think ;0) to come down to pick it up from the steward. Just looked like something pre-arranged.  

I think if it was an emotional farewell, it would be more likely to be thrown randomly to the crowd....not that there were too many left, though. 

I'd be surprised if we let Cammy go now, then go chasing yet another unknown player. We need some continuity in the squad, and Kerr will always give 100%, even if he isn't guaranteed a start by whoever the manager may be. He might, though, choose to move on.

• Like 3

We need a whole new team. We probably won't go straight back up. We need to focus on youth like Ajax but at our level. Let's stop the short termism and loan signings. Let's forget about foreign journeymen. Let's plan for 2 - 3 years ahead and try an acheive a good, young side that is stable and has enthusiasm and hunger. One that knows what it is doing, knows the tactics nd style if play. If we have to sell then fine. You replace with another young player. That should be the plan. Let's accept we probably won't go back up right away. Possibly not even next season either.

Edited by eyeothedug
  • Like 1

The players we have should be the decent spine of a team capable battling at the top of the championship next season. With 21 players listed as out  of contract/released/loan players leaving the club that should give us a reasonable budget to bring in the right players to give as a strong squad.

2 hours ago, eyeothedug said:

We need a whole new team. We probably won't go straight back up. We need to focus on youth like Ajax but at our level. Let's stop the short termism and loan signings. Let's forget about foreign journeymen. Let's plan for 2 - 3 years ahead and try an acheive a good, young side that is stable and has enthusiasm and hunger. One that knows what it is doing, knows the tactics nd style if play. If we have to sell then fine. You replace with another young player. That should be the plan. Let's accept we probably won't go back up right away. Possibly not even next season either.

Hopefully the next guy will have more tactical nous than just one up front and somebody who can (at long feckin last) organise a defence.

Of the OOC boys I'd give cammy a year and ryan mcgowan a year. Hope waddell is signed up as he will be a key part of the back 4 next season I'd like to think. Would maybe look at El Bak in pre season, still think he could do a job in the championship.

Can't believe Horsfield is 23, boy looks about 40 and is loupin 

On 06/05/2019 at 19:52, eyeothedug said:

I agree. Continuity is an important issue within a team game. Players need to learn interactive passing movements. Such an understanding can offset individual skill shortages. Has to be a long term commitment though.

Gotta try and unload Kenny Miller to release some cash ... hopefully he won't fancy sitting on the bench against Arbroath etc so may be open to a release.

8 hours ago, Rebbkintyre said:

I agree. Continuity is an important issue within a team game. Players need to learn interactive passing movements. Such an understanding can offset individual skill shortages. Has to be a long term commitment though.

This is a big change from the past where we have seen wholesale recruitment almost twice a year. It really needs all of the fans to buy into it. I think we might go for it as long as the coach set up is brought in from an easily understood better standard. 

On 06/05/2019 at 20:52, eyeothedug said:

Maybe a wee bit aff topic, but dis any oh oor wizard statatitions ken if  any team has gone strehcht back up?

Edited by travellingdee

48 minutes ago, travellingdee said:

Maybe a wee bit aff topic, but dis any oh oor wizard statatitions ken if  any team has gone strehcht back up?

Ross County, this season.

[no stat wizard....but that wiz an easy ane! ;)]

47 minutes ago, travellingdee said:

County this season, Hearts in 14/15, Dundee in 13/14, Inverness in 09/10, Hibs in 98/99, United in 95/96 (through a play-off), Raith in 94/95, Falkirk in 93/94. Not sure about before 1989

So 7 times in 30 seasons. You have to take into consideration that a lot of those years had no play-offs so there maybe is a better chance now. On the other hand, you'd really always be expecting Hearts/Hibs to stroll back up on the first attempt as although our budget would be a little bit bigger than the average, they would be astronomical in comparison to other clubs.

It's usually the case that relegation causes a bit of a shock to the system and I think the teams that have done well have generally had some consistency from previous seasons with a decent squad that went down fighting, I think only Hearts have done it with a rebuild on the scale we'll likely see and they started very early.