Jump to content
The Dark Blues
harry94

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2019-20

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

To start us off, a Pie and Bovril rumour that Scott McDonald is leaving Thistle for his homeland and will be replaced by Kenny Miller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to be looking at players from championship teams because we wont get premiership level players. For me nathan Austin (ICT), Walsh (ICT) and Fyvie from the scum would be a good start 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

We need to be looking at players from championship teams because we wont get premiership level players. For me nathan Austin (ICT), Walsh (ICT) and Fyvie from the scum would be a good start 

Liked the look of Austin every time I see him. Every dab I have spoken to says fyvie is finished 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dblair said:

Liked the look of Austin every time I see him. Every dab I have spoken to says fyvie is finished 

I liked Austin when I first watched him but I don't think he's good enough tbh, he's not getting a regular start at Inverness these days and there is talk that he'll head to Airdrie. Those types of players do sometimes take off though and suddenly find the consistency.

Walsh is really good but has another year there. I think Inverness have a really good side and will fancy a title push next season.

Sean Welsh looked like he was damaged goods after Thistle kept him for years and he never got fit there. He's had a fantastic season at Inverness, would maybe be a decent experienced pro to bring in and weaken Inverness in the process. Chalmers and Donaldson (who is arguably the best defender in the league) look like they are heading to County.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woods supposedly not getting a new contract due to relegation?.

Nelson supposedly phucked?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about Blair Atkinson of Spartans? Quite a low level just now but could he be developed?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

What about Blair Atkinson of Spartans? Quite a low level 

Superb

Edited by Dondeh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Fyvie supposedly retiring to the Highland league.

What happened to him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

What happened to him?

His body is in bits and he keeps breaking down/trying to play through pain.

No idea if it's still the case but his missus had never moved with him so he always tried to get back in at Aberdeen every summer get close to her and the kid. Maybe the travelling is part of the problem with his injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's League 2 but I quite like the look of forward Blair Henderson from Edinburgh City.

6,4 and banged them in this season. Has a good goalscoring record in the lower leagues so could be worth a punt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Billy McKay is out of contract as is Lawrence shankland. Declan mcdaid  of ayr is another decent player. Blair spittal, Michael tidser. Is safranko out of contract? Could try to pinch him from the dabs. Zak rudden from Falkirk has hit 12 goals and is only 19. Kevin nisbett from raith. Scored 29 goals and is still only 22. Loads of players out there, just need a manager to find them and make a team. 

Add to that Declan gallacher. Maybe not the most popular choice but has done well at livi.

Edited by Dens Bound Rhino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, UWTB1893 said:

I know it's League 2 but I quite like the look of forward Blair Henderson from Edinburgh City.

6,4 and banged them in this season. Has a good goalscoring record in the lower leagues so could be worth a punt.

Apparently this lad doesn't believe that he is good enough to play at Championship level, and is quite happy with his lifestyle of having a regular job and playing part time. This is what I got out of scouring some lower league forums. 

Fair play to him if he knows his level and is happy with his current situation. I'm not saying this as gospel, but it seems to be the prevailing scuttlebut. Of course his particular situation shouldn't preclude us from scouring the lower leagues looking for potential.

We of course don't know if we have anyone at our club that is making it a priority to seek out these potential rough diamonds. 

Scott Bain from Alloa, Hemmings and Stewart plying their trade with the 'Beath should be enough top let us know that there are players to be had down there if we've got someone in house that is paying attention to these leagues. Unfortunately none of us know what our scouting setting looks like.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would look at McKay, can see him being kept by County. 

Shankland has bigger offers.

Only seen McDaid three or four times, always been impressed, is he OOC? 

Spittal is a no go. Apparently McIntyre is after Tidser. About 5 years too late for me now. 

Safranko is going to cost anywhere between £500k - £1m apparently. 

Rudden is on loan from Rangers. If we're going to be looking for loan players to fire us out the league then I think we are in trouble. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, UWTB1893 said:

I know it's League 2 but I quite like the look of forward Blair Henderson from Edinburgh City.

6,4 and banged them in this season. Has a good goalscoring record in the lower leagues so could be worth a punt.

All fine and well but we should be going after:

Charlie Adam

Dimitar Berbatov

Michael Higdon

Georgi’s young lad 

Ali Crawford 

Mido

All of these guys must be considered during every transfer window until the end of time and regardless of what league we’re playing in.

 

  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dens Bound Rhino said:

Billy McKay is out of contract as is Lawrence shankland. Declan mcdaid  of ayr is another decent player. Blair spittal, Michael tidser. Is safranko out of contract? Could try to pinch him from the dabs. Zak rudden from Falkirk has hit 12 goals and is only 19. Kevin nisbett from raith. Scored 29 goals and is still only 22. Loads of players out there, just need a manager to find them and make a team. 

Add to that Declan gallacher. Maybe not the most popular choice but has done well at livi.

Tidser signed a PCA with Falkirk that was to double his Morton wages. However with the Bairns plummeting into League 1 maybe all bets are off for both parties - Tidser probably doesn't want to play in League 1, and the Bairns probably wilol be looking to cut payroll so that PCA could easily be squashed..... maybe - I really don't ken the intricacies of these blasted PCAs.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

All fine and well but we should be going after:

Charlie Adam

Dimitar Berbatov

Michael Higdon

Georgi’s young lad 

Ali Crawford 

Mido

All of these guys must be considered during every transfer window until the end of time and regardless of what league we’re playing in.

Whaurs Caballero!? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Would look at McKay, can see him being kept by County. 

Shankland has bigger offers.

Only seen McDaid three or four times, always been impressed, is he OOC? 

Spittal is a no go. Apparently McIntyre is after Tidser. About 5 years too late for me now. 

Safranko is going to cost anywhere between £500k - £1m apparently. 

Rudden is on loan from Rangers. If we're going to be looking for loan players to fire us out the league then I think we are in trouble. 

McDaid is out of contract as it stands from what I can see.

Re Spittal, I think he'll maybe try for League One down south but I really worry he'd be a relatively big flop for us with our budget next season if we did go for him. He's not bad on his day but if you're signing a player like him, you've got to build everything around them and I'm not convinced he's good enough to justify that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.