The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
harry94

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2019-20

Rate this topic

Stevie May would be a yes for me. Like with Greg Stewart and Billy McKay and many others he was a revelation in Scotland before a big move down south failed to work out. Also like with Stewart and McKay, May returned to Scotland and struggled to rediscover his old form. Stewart and McKay did eventually get their mojo back because the quality was there and just needed the confidence to return. May can do the same. Probably he just needs to start afresh away from Pittodrie.

6 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Kinda feeling the same, whilst May might not cost as much as the DAB's are paying Shankland he'd still command a hefty wage. I'm guessing that there's more chance of their big money striker continuing to score at this level than May suddenly finding his shooting boots. 

If he toils to score for Aberdeen with the service at that level he is shot of confidence, little point spending decent money on a big gamble. Curran is a better option than this. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Swansea have released striker Botti Biabi, meant to be highly regarded 

Think he's really struggled with the senior game but flourished in the reserves down south.

Don't know why but I have a wee inkling that he may sign for us. He signed a new contract on deadline day (before being loaned out) which would indicate to me that he's asked to be released with a new move lined up.

Where have you seen he's been released?

Sometimes good players struggle once they reach a certain size of club. Dundee were too big for Nipper Lawrence, Rangers were too big for The Pole, Cammy Fraser and Iain Ferguson, Man Utd were too big for Diego Forlan. Maybe May just needs to drop a level to get rid of the expensive failure tag. We can't justify spending a six-figure sum but it's worth considering IMO if Aberdeen want rid.

1 hour ago, DFC1974 said:

Any ‘goal scorer’ on a sizeable wage that scored less goals than Sofien Moussa in a comparable number games, is certainly a gamble. I'm not convinced May’s heart would be in it either tbh, it would be quite a fall from grace.

Moussa has never been able to score goals in his career. May has proven he can score goals up to a certain level (a level above us currently). Sort of player who probably plays his best football when he is the main man at a club. Any striker we sign will be a gamble. There is unlikely to be any strikers available who tick all the boxes. May IMO ticks a lot of the boxes though.

Depends what sort of character May is whether his heart is in it or not. He appears to have a few options so if he signs for Dundee it would surely be because he wants to.

Edited by Edin_Dee
  • Like 1

There was a tall coloured lad training with the young Dundee  players at the astro turf at Craigie High today.

16 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

There was a tall coloured lad training with the young Dundee  players at the astro turf at Craigie High today.

Coloured? You don't hear that word much these days. The phrase "people of colour" is a thing now but I believe the word coloured is still a no-no.

To be fair it can be hard to keep up. A mixed-race girl got really upset with me last week after I described her as black.

11 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Coloured? You don't hear that word much these days. The phrase "people of colour" is a thing now but I believe the word coloured is still a no-no.

To be fair it can be hard to keep up. A mixed-race girl got really upset with me last week after I described her as black.

Seriously?? Black?? That mean we have to change the name of the MOBO awards, or the Black Policeman's Association, and then there's the term BAME 🙄

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Seriously?? Black?? That mean we have to change the name of the MOBO awards, or the Black Policeman's Association, and then there's the term BAME 🙄

Let’s get back on topic. My gran called black peoples natives and it was due to working in Calcutta in jute.

Despite the fact I've never seen him play.... thon Biabi bloke sounds like he would be absolute sh**e so it's a no from me. 

Dreadful scoring record too. 

We need a couple of quality additions up top, not pish like that. 

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

2 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Despite the fact I've never seen him play.... thon Biabi bloke sounds like he would be absolute sh**e so it's a no from me. 

Dreadful scoring record too. 

We need a couple of quality additions up top, not pish like that. 

To be fair JK you've never been known to be overly optimistic regarding new signings mate. Never seen the boy either but surely there's no harm in looking if that's what we choose to do?.

21 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Let’s get back on topic. My gran called black peoples natives and it was due to working in Calcutta in jute.

That is quite something but I suppose our fairly recent ancestors did work in "the colonies" and talk that way.

We should get back on topic though. Stevie May for me please. 

Stevie May a bit of a risk I think...

• Star Post 1

14 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

To be fair JK you've never been known to be overly optimistic regarding new signings mate. Never seen the boy either but surely there's no harm in looking if that's what we choose to do?.

Very true that Rev! 

I do think the signings we have made so far have been good and have played a high number of games so no complaints from me.

I'd expect we will sign similar players who have decent records.

It's a bit underwhelming though that this Biabi has been mentioned, especially when you compare him to say Shankland. That's all I'm trying to get at. 

• Like 2