The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
harry94

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2019-20

Rate this topic

12 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

Stevie May a bit of a risk I think...

He scored 27 in 49 in his last full season at St Johnstone. He's only 26.

If we are able to sign a striker who is less of a risk than May I'll be amazed.

I think there are better options out there than may tbh. Not sure who they are but I think he might be an expensive flop. Hopefully he joins the dabs and they have 2 expensive flops on their hands  😂😂

Edit to add that I wouldn't be disappointed if he signed,  just think we could do better.

Edited by Dens Bound Rhino

2 hours ago, Huggs66 said:

If he toils to score for Aberdeen with the service at that level he is shot of confidence, little point spending decent money on a big gamble. Curran is a better option than this. 

When 'no goals' Curran, who failed in this league with the DABs is a better option than May - it's not a great weekend - or is it?. 

Here's May banging in a hat-trick against a strong United team that finished top four in the top flight. Do we honestly believe he couldn't hurt the current United team that we'll face in the Championship?

• Like 2

Just had a look on the Aberdeen message board. Can't find any criticism of May other than that he lacked fitness when he arrived and looked a lot sharper recently. Apparently he covers every blade of grass so if his attitude is sound I don't see why the goals can't start flowing again. I get the impression Aberdeen's style of play is restricting his goalscoring chances and he's working for the team.

If McInnes views him in the same way as the supporters I doubt he'll be available anyway.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dens Bound Rhino said:

I think Rudden would be a better option than may tbh

Get them both. 

I might agree but Rudden is injured apparently?.

Curran out May in. Take that all day long.

But surely May would go to the top division with St Johnstone? 

Edited by Dondeh

21 minutes ago, Cobra said:

He scored 27 in 49 in his last full season at St Johnstone. He's only 26.

If we are able to sign a striker who is less of a risk than May I'll be amazed.

I would only do it if his wage demands are low. 

May would be an excellent signing at this level, but only if it's at the right price. As others have said, if it swallows up a large chunk of the budget then it's a hard pass, but if it's within reason then I'm all for it. He fits the profile Jazza's been targeting, guys who've been there and done it at this level. 

20 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

When 'no goals' Curran, who failed in this league with the DABs is a better option than May - it's not a great weekend - or is it?. 

Absolutely agreed 🤣🤣

May has been a goal scorer at a far higher level than Shankland and for a lot longer with a better attitude - and we would all have taken him gladly before he made the biggest mistake of his life.

If we have the chance to sign May we'd be absolutely mad to turn him down.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Dondeh said:

St Mirren are in a race for Aberdeen striker Stevie May. Record Sport

St Johnstone boss Tommy Wright is desperate to bring his former protege back to McDiarmid Park. Championship Dundee United are also interested and will be able to comfortably outgun their Tayside rivals when it comes to wages, but they will need to offload Osman Sow first. They signed the Swede in January but want him off the wage bill after a poor six months and like the idea of pairing May with new boy Lawrence Shankland. Premiership St Mirren are also interested, as is Dundee gaffer James McPake, who is in the market for a striker to replace Kenny Miller. Sun Sport

How could UTD possibly afford May AND Shankland? May would want similar wages...

51 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Despite the fact I've never seen him play.... thon Biabi bloke sounds like he would be absolute sh**e so it's a no from me. 

Dreadful scoring record too. 

We need a couple of quality additions up top, not pish like that. 

What scoring record, even worse than Curran's if that's possible. We require TWO quality strikers in, Nelson and and Curran, following on from where they finished the last Quarter of last season, with ZERO goals from them, also require a Decent keeper. We will be struggling to Finnish third this season, with this squad at the moment.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 8utters said:

May has been a goal scorer at a far higher level than Shankland and for a lot longer with a better attitude - and we would all have taken him gladly before he made the biggest mistake of his life.

If we have the chance to sign May we'd be absolutely mad to turn him down.

Think his wages would be far too high... 

11 minutes ago, Rocky Boy said:

What scoring record, even worse than Curran's if that's possible. We require TWO quality strikers in, Nelson and and Curran, following on from where they finished the last Quarter of last season, with ZERO goals from them, also require a Decent keeper. 

Agree somewhat. 

If JMP could offload Curran to provide funds to get in 2 half decent strikers would be ideal. Another keeper a must also.