The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
harry94

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2019-20

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

It can work like that but it's not set in stone. Everyone will have different views on the best way forward if one or both parties see a move as the best option. I don't think Kenny Miller got a pay off for example. 

Yes but if leaves us probably wont play again or at least not for a team paying what we are likely to be paying.

20 hours ago, Huggs66 said:

If he toils to score for Aberdeen with the service at that level he is shot of confidence, little point spending decent money on a big gamble. Curran is a better option than this. 

Genuinely think that McInnes slowly ruins most of the strikers/frontmen at that club. May was a revelation at Alloa and Airdrie on loan from StJ and then continued that form for them before heading south, getting unlucky with injury and then, admittedly, struggling. He then came back up the road to Aberdeen. From there he's been played in all manner of ways and often as a deeper player with a striker alongside him. He's contributed a lot but looked immensely low on confidence in front of goal. I reckon he'd bag a lot of goals in the Championship and he has done before. Not denying it would be a risk though, expensive and that he'd need to score early to get his mojo back, so maybe not the best option. 

I also think McInnes took Rooney backwards as a player and had/has no idea how to get the best out of the likes of Stewart or GMS. Interestingly the guy who did score goals for them last season was a big galoot with not much else about him. 

• Like 1

Hemings would be fantastic but unfortunately unlikely. I think we’re four players short, Davis hasn’t done the bulk of preseason so wouldn’t be ready to play and I think the player and us are working away behind the scenes to get him another club, so I think we will require another centre half (preferably one that could cover the left side or left back position as we are still light there). Think we need two strikers as we can’t go into season with only Curran and Nelson), wouldn’t be surprised if they were both loans, hopefully Strachan and Nicholl are using there considerable contracts to unlock a few doors there. Lastly I’d still like a creative midfielder or another left sided attacking midfielder, with Byrne, Ness and McGowan we’ve got the central midfield sorted and we have Mcdaid and Todd but I think we need another player to give us more options.

Big week ahead before Raith game, but I’d rather we take our time to get the right players in.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

JMP apparently distancing himself from the speculation re May. 

18 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

JMP apparently distancing himself from the speculation re May. 

Good, far too expensive and going downhill fast. 

Hemmings would be good though :)

Would we look at Ryan Gauld? Or is that a step too far? Surely he would do well at this level. Although wages might be an issue. 

• Funny 1

4 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

Would we look at Ryan Gauld? Or is that a step too far? Surely he would do well at this level. Although wages might be an issue. 

Read somewhere that he’s all but signed for another Portuguese top flight side 

9 minutes ago, bjs said:

hopefully Strachan and Nicholl are using there considerable contracts to unlock a few doors there

Good Post bjs ... And within the many interesting points you've raised, I've focused on the comment above.

Altrhough I think "Oor Scabby Neighbours" are ahead of us in the "signing on stakes" at this time ... which may at this stage, give them the edge in the promotion stakes, I think, with having Gordon Strachan & Jimmy Nicholl on board, the best is yet to come for DFC. Although they may not be directly involved in the scouting & signing on process, their influence, reputation, experience & knowledge, will have a great infuence in what lies ahead.

Not only will they pick up on what/who's available & what they can offer Dundee ... Any players (within budget) wid be daft no' to give consideration to signing for DFC (I'm a wee bit biased mind) ;) ... But knowing, James, JN, GS, maybe were all involves in player's selection & came to a conclusion, that here was a player, that would fit well into DFC's future plans (I am not taking anything away from James, who I see as someone who will develop into something special as the season progresses)

The season's no even started yet. And although it may seem, the "ither lot" have started on the front foot, DFC are ambitious and with a potentially good manager in place, supported by the top men around him, we could quite easily make our mark next season ... MON the MIGHTY DEE:chaplin:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dblair said:

Read somewhere that he’s all but signed for another Portuguese top flight side 

It's funny as it doesn't seem to be working out for him in Portugal. I think he should return home and establish himself again. 

34 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

It's funny as it doesn't seem to be working out for him in Portugal. I think he should return home and establish himself again. 

I think his love affair with Portuguese weather and culture matters more to him than his football career.

He seemed happy to see out the five years of his Sporting contract when it was quite clear the club didn't want him and wouldn't play him.

I mind of one amusing thing that happened to him out there. Sporting were so pissed off about getting knocked out of the cup by Vitoria Setubal they ripped up Gauld's loan contract out of spite.

3 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I think his love affair with Portuguese weather and culture matters more to him than his football career.

He seemed quite happy to see out the five years of his Sporting contract when it was quite clear the club didn't want him and wouldn't play him.

He could have been the next Gordon Strachan :)

4 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

He could have been the next Gordon Strachan :)

He was dubbed "Mini Messi" in 2014. He'll be lucky if he enjoys the career highs of Davide Grassi the way he's going.

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, bjs said:

Hemings would be fantastic but unfortunately unlikely. I think we’re four players short, Davis hasn’t done the bulk of preseason so wouldn’t be ready to play and I think the player and us are working away behind the scenes to get him another club, so I think we will require another centre half (preferably one that could cover the left side or left back position as we are still light there). Think we need two strikers as we can’t go into season with only Curran and Nelson), wouldn’t be surprised if they were both loans, hopefully Strachan and Nicholl are using there considerable contracts to unlock a few doors there. Lastly I’d still like a creative midfielder or another left sided attacking midfielder, with Byrne, Ness and McGowan we’ve got the central midfield sorted and we have Mcdaid and Todd but I think we need another player to give us more options.

Big week ahead before Raith game, but I’d rather we take our time to get the right players in.

I think midfield is the one are where we have a lot of options. A back 4 gives us the option of Byrne, Ness, McGowan, Mcdaid, Anderson, Todd, Cameron, Robertson, Mulligan and Moore for midfield. Play a back 3 and you can push Cammy & Marshall up into midfield. That's 12 possible options which is quite considerable imo.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dens Bound Rhino said:

Hemmings starts for notts county in a friendly today.

So he'll be match fit when he signs for us then?.😁

• Funny 2