The Dark Blues
harry94

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2019-20

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Quite bizarre that they want him off the books yet he travels to an away tie in Europe? Guess he may still have a role to play.

would be ironic if he played/ took part and had a blinder!

Happens a fair bit during these ridiculous 4 rounds of qualifiers, 6 weeks before the window closes. Bryson & their new signing Ojo weren't available this round, but will be available if they go through. I guess signing Wilson & Ojo allows them to let May go.

31 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Yes, he's in photo 5 of this set from their departure from Aberdeen airport this afternoon. No mention of players, or his situation, in the AFC report before they left.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2019/07/17/rops-preview-dons-fly-out-to-finland/

https://www.afc.co.uk/gallery/rops-preview-aberdeen-airport-gallery/#nanogallery/undefined/0/6 

image.png.4efaa7fa0cdac0a31ef15bdf84779942.png

"Dad, there's the Ice Cream Van ... And you promised me, a Big Cone, wi a Chocolate flake on top, if eh behaved mehsel' on that Big Plane":chaplin:

9 minutes ago, Gedee said:

"Dad, there's the Ice Cream Van ... And you promised me, a Big Cone, wi a Chocolate flake on top, if eh behaved mehsel' on that Big Plane":chaplin:

Gedee, in aberdein, there called  cappies, nae big cones, just as we are unique in the world fir Circles & Cundie’s. 🤣

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WoodStein said:

With Aberdeen in Finland for their Europa 2nd leg tomorrow, I'd not anticipate a decision until early next week. May was on the bench for the first leg at Pittodrie, and likely to be again, for this leg. 

May's agent might also be actively seeking other offers from clubs in England.

I would think if we are going to get him, Which I still believe is a very large "IF", It would be some point late on Friday. I would imagine Aberdeen has told him he is free to go but they don't want to release him until after their Europa League game (Numbers in squad)

In regards to the Agent part, While it is there Job to get the best deal possible, I believe his ship has sailed with English Clubs. While I do believe he could be a great success at Dens his record in recent years has faltered on the scoring front and clubs are possibly interested in what he once was and not now. Every club will believe they can get him back to that, You shouldn't just lose talent at his age. He needs to be loved at a club again without always moving around.

I personally believe if we are at the front of the que it may not be the overall wage but the length of contract that may interest him. Job security is a massive thing and on the face off it we tend to offer 2 years + 1.

• Like 1

My information is that the only acceptable offers (to the player [through his agent] and to Aberdeen) are from us. I was assured the deal was very imminent at the weekend and all May had to decide was whether he wanted to come permanently or on loan, so I can't understand the delay at all. 

United have no interest and I was told that no other interested parties will get close to our offers. 

I will hopefully see my source again this evening and will report back. They are not connected to Dundee FC. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Irene Marot said:

My information is that the only acceptable offers (to the player [through his agent] and to Aberdeen) are from us. I was assured the deal was very imminent at the weekend and all May had to decide was whether he wanted to come permanently or on loan, so I can't understand the delay at all. 

United have no interest and I was told that no other interested parties will get close to our offers. 

I will hopefully see my source again this evening and will report back. They are not connected to Dundee FC. 

Cheers. Look forward to hearing if you find out anything.

19 minutes ago, Irene Marot said:

Thanks for the info. Perhaps Aberdeen wanted him the xsqsquad tomorrow hence JMP saying 4,5 or 6 days on Monday.

Edited by Dondeh

3 minutes ago, Irene Marot said:

I think the word "imminent" in football can mean a variety of things . . . What I mean that is I would imagine Imminent would mean within the next week. Like I said I believe like many have said this could be down to Aberdeen playing tomorrow which would also relate to McPake stating we will know more by the end of the week.

Let us know what your source says, Don't make me keep refreshing the page 🤣

McPake's comment about hoping to have possibly 2 new signings "by the end of the week" would certainly suggest that, if May is one of them, Aberdeen wanted him for the tie in Finland for numbers with their new boys being unavailable. May's still an Aberdeen player, so it's a no-brainer for them to do this given the importance of the tie.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

McPake's comment about hoping to have possibly 2 new signings "by the end of the week" would certainly suggest that, if May is one of them, Aberdeen wanted him for the tie in Finland for numbers with their new boys being unavailable. May's still an Aberdeen player, so it's a no-brainer for them to do this given the importance of the tie.

Makes perfect sense Ricky.

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

32 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Also a dab in work today said that he saw May with McPake in the Hilton the other day. Taking it with a pinch of salt, given the source 😏

May does not excite me at all. He had a good spell at Saints but has failed miserably to live up to that spell. He might rediscover that form with us, on the other hand he might not. It is taking a big risk in my opinion.

29 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

May does not excite me at all. He had a good spell at Saints but has failed miserably to live up to that spell. He might rediscover that form with us, on the other hand he might not. It is taking a big risk in my opinion.

No signing is guaranteed tho? It seems to me that there is far more background checks going on now re signings than we have seen in a long while. Makes me feel a bit more confident that any players we do sign have at least been well researched and not just had a montage of best bits on YouTube 

1 hour ago, Iain T Campbell said:

He had a good spell at Saints but has failed miserably to live up to that spell. He might rediscover that form with us, on the other hand he might not. It is taking a big risk in my opinion.

Don't necessarily disagree with the part of your post I quoted (I disagree with the doesn't excite me bit) but I think last night showed that we are well short up front and it would be a risk worth taking even just to give us an extra option.

Nelson is extremely hit and miss (quite literally)

Curran has scored one in his career at Dens so far.

We are absolutely desperate for options up front.

It's a position we've notoriously struggled to fill with any success since the departure of Hemmings and Stewart.

Haber was a decent for a short while. A-Jay showed a few flashes. S.Murray had a couple of flashes. Kenny Miller had a couple of flashes. 

The rest have been failures that have contributed massively to the three disastrous seasons we've just endured.

Really hope we get May plus one other forward as we don't have anywhere near enough goals in the team at present to deliver what we all want.

Edited by CW 90+3 02/05/16

1 hour ago, Iain T Campbell said:

Not a dig but I'm curious, what signing would excite you ? 

I'll be chuffed if we sign May, far enough, he's not been banging them in at Aberdeen but he's been getting game time for a club that are considerably higher up the pecking order than ourselves. 

• Like 2
  • Star Post 4

May would be a very exciting signing.... before his Aberdeen spell we would have been absolutely foaming at the mouth with excitement and massive pingers at the thought of him coming to Dens.

He had good spells at Alloa and Hamilton too don't forget. He would certainly improve us and I'll take all the options we can get.

• Like 1

I hope he joins us. I would gain a lot of hope for the season ahead. Shankland across the road was their statement of intent. May needs to be ours...

1 hour ago, J_Kitamirike said:

May would be a very exciting signing.... before his Aberdeen 

And the 3/4 years prior to that, too. 

May looks overweight to me or maybe it's the hair. Get it cut and shave  off the beard! 

• Confused 1
  • Funny 1