The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
harry94

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2019-20

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I think midfield is the one are where we have a lot of options. A back 4 gives us the option of Byrne, Ness, McGowan, Mcdaid, Anderson, Todd, Cameron, Robertson, Mulligan and Moore for midfield. Play a back 3 and you can push Cammy & Marshall up into midfield. That's 12 possible options which is quite considerable imo.

Agree that we need a creative mid and two strikers. Possibly a centre back too. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

Agree that we need a creative mid and two strikers. Possibly a centre back too. 

Scott Wright, Kane Hemmings and Zak Rudden would do nicely.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Scott Wright, Kane Hemmings and Zak Rudden would do nicely.

Shankland off his mark for the Dabs in a 3-2 defeat at Dumbarton.

6 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

Bored-with-Blogging.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

Hmmmm....Wankland doesn't score last night but that's ok as the 6-0 scoreline to them was pretty much confirmation of winning the league......fact they've just lost to Dumbarton will be nothing to write home about because 'its just a friendly' and Wankland scored, meaning he's gonna score 40 🤣

For everything that's been made of them beating Brechin 6-0 just a week after we beat them 2-1, I remember back in the day, we drew 0-0 away to Lancaster, only for the powerhouse that is Tayport going down there the following week and destroying them 6-0. Friendlies are no indicator whatsoever of the season ahead. 

• Like 2

Just now, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Bored-with-Blogging.jpg

Wee Jum.

Loved O'Dea but his retirement from pro football and move to East Kilbride might've been good timing............for us anyway.

https://twitter.com/officialEKFC/status/1147511503836319744?s=20

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I think midfield is the one are where we have a lot of options. A back 4 gives us the option of Byrne, Ness, McGowan, Mcdaid, Anderson, Todd, Cameron, Robertson, Mulligan and Moore for midfield. Play a back 3 and you can push Cammy & Marshall up into midfield. That's 12 possible options which is quite considerable imo.

Very true but I think that the five youngsters you named will be more there to gain experience rather than guys who might play 10-15 plus games a season. Also wouldn’t rule out two or three of them going on loan to the likes of Brechin, Peterhead, Clyde etc to get invaluable experience of regular starts at that level.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Loved O'Dea but his retirement from pro football and move to East Kilbride might've been good timing............for us anyway.

https://twitter.com/officialEKFC/status/1147511503836319744?s=20

Oooooffft.

I did say he was done...

• Like 1

Our midfield looks quality. Don't think we have a natural right-sided player though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bjs said:

Hemings would be fantastic but unfortunately unlikely. I think we’re four players short, Davis hasn’t done the bulk of preseason so wouldn’t be ready to play and I think the player and us are working away behind the scenes to get him another club, so I think we will require another centre half (preferably one that could cover the left side or left back position as we are still light there). Think we need two strikers as we can’t go into season with only Curran and Nelson), wouldn’t be surprised if they were both loans, hopefully Strachan and Nicholl are using there considerable contracts to unlock a few doors there. Lastly I’d still like a creative midfielder or another left sided attacking midfielder, with Byrne, Ness and McGowan we’ve got the central midfield sorted and we have Mcdaid and Todd but I think we need another player to give us more options.

Big week ahead before Raith game, but I’d rather we take our time to get the right players in.

Exactly how I see things, let's hope our new Management Team, think the same way.

7 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Our midfield looks quality. Don't think we have a natural right-sided player though.

Both Todd and McDaid are naturally right footed

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I think both Todd and Mcdaid are, definitely Mcdaid anyway, although they've both previously played on the left. Mcdaid did score at Brechin coming in from the left though and that's a wee bit of a worry because I think McPake will play him on the right.

2 minutes ago, Garageflower said:

Both Todd and McDaid are naturally right footed

Transfermarkt says Todd can only play in the middle and McDaid is a right-sided midfielder.

What I should have said was... I think we're lacking a natural left-winger.

Just now, Cobra said:

Transfermarkt says Todd can only play in the middle and McDaid is a right-sided midfielder.

What I should have said was... I think we're lacking a natural left-winger.

I think that both, certainly when I've saw them anyway, look more comfortable on the left but both are naturally right footed. Mcdaid didn't get much out of the Brechin l/back last week but scored a Greg Stewart when he himself switched to the left.

• Like 1