The Dark Blues
harry94

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2019-20

Rate this topic

19 minutes ago, blueboy said:

May looks overweight to me or maybe it's the hair. Get it cut and shave  off the beard! 

9lnh8o14e6yz.jpg

• Funny 3

3 hours ago, Iain T Campbell said:

May does not excite me at all. He had a good spell at Saints but has failed miserably to live up to that spell. He might rediscover that form with us, on the other hand he might not. It is taking a big risk in my opinion.

Although I know he's 'technically' a good player, works hard, and has had a couple of good scoring spells in his career, I also can't get myself too excited at the thought of him signing....& probably costing us the equivalent of two good players wages. I keep coming back around to thinking he might be a very expensive version of Wighton, with the same end result. 

I think Rudden is more likely to score goals for us, and get fans out of their seats. Hopefully this is a rumour that will turn into reality. There are probably other young strikers on the way up in their career, and we might already have offers in for someone who's taking their time deciding, or whose club is holding on to ensure they can release the player once their own new signings are confirmed.

JMcP seems delighted with the opportunity to coach/manage May, though, so we have to trust his judgement that he can see where he can use May to good effect. 

3 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Although I know he's 'technically' a good player, works hard, and has had a couple of good scoring spells in his career, I also can't get myself too excited at the thought of him signing....& probably costing us the equivalent of two good players wages. I keep coming back around to thinking he might be a very expensive version of Wighton, with the same end result. 

I think Rudden is more likely to score goals for us, and get fans out of their seats. Hopefully this is a rumour that will turn into reality. There are probably other young strikers on the way up in their career, and we might already have offers in for someone who's taking their time deciding, or whose club is holding on to ensure they can release the player once their own new signings are confirmed.

JMcP seems delighted with the opportunity to coach/manage May, though, so we have to trust his judgement that he can see where he can use May to good effect. 

Think Rudden would have happened if he hadn't been injured. Being out for a rumoured 3/4 months will have put that on the back burner.

6 minutes ago, Steve Bee said:

Think Rudden would have happened if he hadn't been injured. Being out for a rumoured 3/4 months will have put that on the back burner.

There are different stories (none official) on the status of his injury....could still happen if he's fit again before the window closes.

3 hours ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Nelson is extremely hit and miss (quite literally)

Nelson admitted (not long after he arrived), that his finishing could be better. Very honest from the young lad - he can only improve imo.

Maybe a bit more composure and not trying to blast it every time?.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

1 hour ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Jason Cummings set to be released from Forest. 

Hopefully the talk of him the other week wasnt nonsense 

43 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Spot on.

Do we have a strikers coach or is that a long gone thing of the past luxury?

Edited by CW 90+3 02/05/16

48 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Nelson admitted (not long after he arrived), that his finishing could be better. Very honest from the young lad - he can only improve imo.

Like Moussa then?

6 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Spot on.

Do we have a strikers coach or is that a long gone thing of the past luxury?

Don't think we do, it's a question that's popped up a few times the last few years.

It would seem a good investment, doesn't need to be full-time...a couple of days a week might be enough to help players improve those skills. 

3 hours ago, WoodStein said:

There are different stories (none official) on the status of his injury....could still happen if he's fit again before the window closes.

He's definitely injured, he confirmed it himself.

2 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

He's definitely injured, he confirmed it himself.

I know he's injured, Rev, but it's the type of injury, extent, and recovery period that are widely apart in how they've been reported (none of it from player or club).

8 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Not a dig but I'm curious, what signing would excite you ? 

I'll be chuffed if we sign May, far enough, he's not been banging them in at Aberdeen but he's been getting game time for a club that are considerably higher up the pecking order than ourselves. 

Fair enough, if you are willing to settle for a guy who has been struggling to find the net for quite a considerable time. Like Woodstein Ridden would excite me more. We cannot afford what could turn out to be nothing but an expensive flop. I do not know what is up with the Saints so called stars. O'Halloran flopped miserably at Rangers going down the same road as May.

44 minutes ago, Gowrie Dee 1962 said:

Just heard May to United!

I've been told that, too. Aird and Sow are refusing to leave without 100% of what they're due though and its apparently the sticking point in a few of their months. 

27 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

I've been told that, too. Aird and Sow are refusing to leave without 100% of what they're due though and its apparently the sticking point in a few of their months. 

What about the Dave Mackay connection? How could diddy Arabs outbid us after paying a foreign ransom for Shankland? 

51 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

Fair enough, if you are willing to settle for a guy who has been struggling to find the net for quite a considerable time. Like Woodstein Ridden would excite me more. We cannot afford what could turn out to be nothing but an expensive flop. I do not know what is up with the Saints so called stars. O'Halloran flopped miserably at Rangers going down the same road as May.

One way to look at it I suppose. I guess the question on your preferred option is his fitness. 

They're all gambles one way or another.

We can't compete with United. Not since they renamed their base The Very Good Performance Centre.

• Funny 5