The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
harry94

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2019-20

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I think that both, certainly when I've saw them anyway, look more comfortable on the left but both are naturally right footed. Mcdaid didn't get much out of the Brechin l/back last week but scored a Greg Stewart when he himself switched to the left.

Was it not Todd who gave Cammy a torrid time on the left flank when Queens somehow failed to win at Dens in the Cup earlier this year? If so then Transfermrkt must be wrong about the player being unable to play wide.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bjs said:

Very true but I think that the five youngsters you named will be more there to gain experience rather than guys who might play 10-15 plus games a season. Also wouldn’t rule out two or three of them going on loan to the likes of Brechin, Peterhead, Clyde etc to get invaluable experience of regular starts at that level.

I was kinda thinking that we'd loan out one or two of the kids. To be fair they didn't look out of place at Brechin last week though and JMcP has continued to give them game time. I think maybe Cameron and Robertson for me look the most promising so far. Mulligan is highly rated but I personally haven't seen too much yet. The older two, Anderson and Moore are obviously that wee bit more experienced but they might be the ones who're farmed out. Total guesswork at this stage though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Was it not Todd who gave Cammy a torrid time on the left flank when Queens somehow failed to win at Dens in the Cup earlier this year? If so then Transfermrkt must be wrong about the player being unable to play wide.

It was Todd mate.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Cobra the way we played in that game, anybody would have looked a natural winger, Todd walked past kamara and then just played straight down middle, looked like Juniors given amateurs a lesson in how to play football. 

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

10 minutes ago, Huggs66 said:

Cobra the way we played in that game, anybody would have looked a natural winger, Todd walked past kamara and then just played straight down middle, looked like Juniors given amateurs a lesson in how to play football. 

Kamara wasn't playing! He'd been long exiled.

• Funny 3

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

Harry I am sure he was subbed at half time he was that Kak. 

3 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Mixed up with Deacon 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

Indeed it was and I think discussed at length in a Todd thread or something similar .  Videos posted of the game with Todd marauding down the left. Did he ever play on tne right for QotS ? 

2 hours ago, bjs said:

Very true but I think that the five youngsters you named will be more there to gain experience rather than guys who might play 10-15 plus games a season. Also wouldn’t rule out two or three of them going on loan to the likes of Brechin, Peterhead, Clyde etc to get invaluable experience of regular starts at that level.

I suggested the same yesterday. Only 4 players, I think, since 2014 have come through the ranks to play more than a handful of games. Time we had another one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue4evr said:

I suggested the same yesterday. Only 4 players, I think, since 2014 have come through the ranks to play more than a handful of games. Time we had another one.

This batch of kids have been with us most of the way through the Americans time here. It looks to me like we're ramping things up on the youth side to coincide with our most promising batch for years breaking through. I don't think these guys are going to be bit part players going by what's happened since just before the St Mirren game last season. Relegation was heartbreaking but it might actually turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

• Like 2

Mulligan can play right midfield so may well get some games if we play 4-4-2. 

• Like 1

Are these kids any better than the likes of Henvey, Scott & Lambert? They were all highly rated but were released and don't seem to have found new clubs.

Lambert seemed pretty good. Feel he should have been kept on. 

7 minutes ago, Garageflower said:

Are these kids any better than the likes of Henvey, Scott & Lambert? They were all highly rated but were released and don't seem to have found new clubs.

If definitely say so. Wattie sees a bit of the kids 😮 so he's probably more qualified to judge than me. Genuinely excited at what they're threatening to bring next season. 

1 minute ago, eyeothedug said:

Lambert seemed pretty good. Feel he should have been kept on. 

McPake is a big fan of promoting youth. If Lambert was really any good I think McPake would've brought him back. Unfortunately for Lambert I notice that he's suffered a pre-season injury and is currently in a moon boot.