The Dark Blues
harry94

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2019-20

Rate this topic

Somebody on Pie and Bovril saying we are announcing three new players tomorrow Stevie May, Cummings and another. From a reliable source apparently. Can’t see it 

9 minutes ago, Cobra said:

We can't compete with United. Not since they renamed their base The Very Good Performance Centre.

Wonder if we'll invite suggestions from fans for the Noo Campy training centre, which will be wee Strachan's new stamping ground? Long way off yet, but sounds like a classic forum poll topic.

"The Slightly Better Than Oor Neighbours' Performance Centre"?

2 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Is it just me who wouldn't be too bothered if May went over the road?

No, not me either, as long as we sign a good couple of guys who'll complete the 'set' of different types of striker that JMcP requires, and will get us goals. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

Somebody on Pie and Bovril saying we are announcing three new players tomorrow Stevie May, Cummings and another. From a reliable source apparently. Can’t see it 

Be amazing tho

6 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Be amazing tho

But May is sh**e??

May has a better record than Cummings in Scotland but would be considered an inferior and less exciting signing?

I'd much rather have these to than Ali Bongo from Kidderminster Harriers. 

Would be a quality! 

43 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

ANO needs to be a bigger guy to augment all these wee players . An Alan Gilzean or John Duncan type .

Cheers .

23 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

No, not me either, as long as we sign a good couple of guys who'll complete the 'set' of different types of striker that JMcP requires, and will get us goals. 

I suppose it will come down to money but he's more of a known quantity and of course has previous form in the league and the one above, which he was playing in last season and is in Europe for tonight. I wouldn't want to break the bank for him but I'd be happy to have him at Dens, I'm not bothered about the debate on here so much, as usual, its quite polarised but I think he adds something as it is, if he found his goals scoring form that would be a bonus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

One way to look at it I suppose. I guess the question on your preferred option is his fitness. 

They're all gambles one way or another.

May has proved at Aberdeen that he is a good technical player and he could be a good foil for Nelson, but we need somebody who can put the ball into the net consistently. If MacPake and Nicholl see something in him, then I will trust them and see how it works out. However, looking at his recent scoring record it is not a signing that excites.

3 hours ago, Gowrie Dee 1962 said:

Just heard May to United!

If true we should put a cheeky bid in for Nikky Clark, he’s proven at this level and has scored goals at each club he’s been at.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I suppose it will come down to money but he's more of a known quantity and of course has previous form in the league and the one above, which he was playing in last season and is in Europe for tonight. I wouldn't want to break the bank for him but I'd be happy to have him at Dens, I'm not bothered about the debate on here so much, as usual, its quite polarised but I think he adds something as it is, if he found his goals scoring form that would be a bonus.

Agree with this, the money side of things is a bit worrying but a good quality signing if we get him. Hopefully everyone is sensible.

39 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

Can’t see it, but feck me I hope that’s true, Cummings and May at this level would be tremendous 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bjs said:

Can’t see it, but feck me I hope that’s true, Cummings and May at this level would be tremendous 

Just read it too. Says the source is someone who works at Dens. Be a MASSIVE statement if we pull it off

13 minutes ago, bjs said:

Same boat. Can’t see it. However, 433 formation, frightening! 

5 minutes ago, Rosco said:

Same boat. Can’t see it. However, 433 formation, frightening! 

Hamilton

mcghee Meekings Forster Marshall

Byrne.  Mcgowan.    Ness

May.          Nelson.             Cummings

spacer.png

• Funny 5

8 minutes ago, bjs said:

Time for Tim Keyes to show these Banjo Pluckers across the road, that everything is always bigger in Texas and he brings in far superior players, in the next couple of weeks, better than Shankland.

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

22 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Agree with this, the money side of things is a bit worrying but a good quality signing if we get him. Hopefully everyone is sensible.

The value-for-money aspect is my concern. I know he's a good player & ought to score goals at championship level....but if we're needing to pay £2k+ a week for him, maybe around twice our (believed to be) average, I'm not sold on the 'gamble' aspect. I know there's never a guarantee signing any striker, but it must be a big decision for JMcP, to use up 2 players worth of his budget.

Unless, of course, the Board have said that the deal is 'covered' by whatever they may have agreed FPS will cover, or if they have negotiated a deal with options (loan, sell-on, etc, as discussed here) that might bring the overall cost down.  

Other than Rudden, I have no other candidates, but confident JMcP does.

The timing, tomorrow, would be great though, whoever we happen to sign.

If they both signed think the gamble would be to get people to buy season tickets along with if we start winning games with those two and nelson scoring regularly get people back to dens and create revenue. If we get both of them I'd more than likely get a season ticket

• Like 1

I dont think McInnes got the best out of Stewart after he performed well at Killie, and you could argue he didnt get the best out of May. Could McPake/Nicholl/Strachan get more out of him and back to his St Johnstone best? If yes it could be worth a deal as long as it was structured right in terms of payments, if not then we need to look elsewhere BUT we certainly need 2-3 experienced heads in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

If they both signed think the gamble would be to get people to buy season tickets along with if we start winning games with those two and nelson scoring regularly get people back to dens and create revenue. If we get both of them I'd more than likely get a season ticket

Glory hunter 😮