The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
harry94

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2019-20

Rate this topic

I just remember boys on here and elsewhere screaming for Henvey & Scott to be put into the 1st team when we couldn't buy a goal. They were prolific in the Colts but didn't produce on loan at lower leagues. Just shows the difference in quality between youths and lowest level of pro football.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Garageflower said:

I just remember boys on here and elsewhere screaming for Henvey & Scott to be put into the 1st team when we couldn't buy a goal. They were prolific in the Colts but didn't produce on loan at lower leagues. Just shows the difference in quality between youths and lowest level of pro football.

I saw both at youth/reserve level and honestly didn't think they were good enough to make it. Hate being tough on our players but it made for frustrating reading on here and elsewhere when boys were bigging them up.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Garageflower said:

It must be difficult for kids to move to a new club in this scenario, they're 'technically' pro's so maybe feel some kind of superiority to the semi pro's but these guys will be stronger, more mature and more 'crafty' than the young pro's. Must be a bit of an eye opener for them and I guess a lot will sink rather than swim, especially without the safety net of their own older pro's about them. It'll vary from case to case and I'm sure some of the teams will support the young guys but they're transients so it must be tough.

McIntosh wasn't good enough but he scored a crucial goal in Dingwall. Henvey maybe isn't going to become a top striker but he scored a massive goal at Hamilton.

Sometimes it's a smart move to throw the young lads on even if there are doubts about their quality. Anything can happen in the opponent's box and a young guy the opposition know nothing about can come off the bench, fired up to be wearing the famous dark blue, he can steal a yard and bang, he's burst the net.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cobra said:

McIntosh wasn't good enough but he scored a crucial goal in Dingwall. Henvey maybe isn't going to become a top striker but he scored a massive goal at Hamilton.

Sometimes it's a smart move to throw the young lads on even if there are doubts about their quality. Anything can happen in the opponent's box and a young guy the opposition know nothing about can come off the bench, fired up to be wearing the famous dark blue, he can steal a yard and bang, he's burst the net.

I think the kids, in the short term, bring you legs, enthusiasm and a total lack of fear. Until they come up against the likes of Darian Feckin MacKinnon that is.

16 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I think the kids, in the short term, bring you legs, enthusiasm and a total lack of fear. Until they come up against the likes of Darian Feckin MacKinnon that is.

Exactly and that freshness can really help us.

There are some players (not naming names) but even though they've got some good attributes that help the team, you can be fairly confident they won't score in the next 20 games. They get stripped, they do their thing and the opposition have them sussed.

You send a young lad on to scurry about the box and it's unpredictable. The opposition don't know what he's going to do. He doesn't know himself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Pretty sad that the world's oldest professional club are no longer in the Football League. Apparently the problem last season was that their defenders did a rubbish job of dealing with balls into the box. I'm tempted to write a book about it... Notts and Crosses.

• Funny 3

17 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Cheeky wee 50k bid might just work. f**k its happened to us often enough. Probably couldn't match his wages though. 

Edit to say scrap the 50k offer and just offer to take him off their wage bill and give him the 50k!! Would love to get him in although for some reason it feels like a pipe dream rather than something that could actually happen. Doubt he'll be short on offers down south.

Edited by Dens Bound Rhino
  • Like 1

No chance Hemmings will be returning please don't get our hopes up! 

There will be a number of clubs in league 2 who would be queuing up for his signature and possibly spfl clubs too.

His mates (Bain and Stewart) are long gone from Dens so I don't see the what the appeal would be for him. 

He could do a job for any premiership club outside of the ugly sisters...

I'd fecking love it though and would be like....Shankland who????? 

For now we must do with the Admiral and no goal Curran. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dens Bound Rhino said:

Cheeky wee 50k bid might just work. f**k its happened to us often enough. Probably couldn't match his wages though. 

Edit to say scrap the 50k offer and just offer to take him off their wage bill and give him the 50k!! Would love to get him in although for some reason it feels like a pipe dream rather than something that could actually happen. Doubt he'll be short on offers down south.

A season long loan gives them the chance to sort themselves out financially and get a decent player back for the following season. The wages split might be an issue though.

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I saw both at youth/reserve level and honestly didn't think they were good enough to make it. Hate being tough on our players but it made for frustrating reading on here and elsewhere when boys were bigging them up.

So it was frustrating reading for you when boys were bigging up previous youth players but your more than happy to big up even younger, more fragile 16yo kids who's only experience so far has been in meaningless games.

They are playing against real men now, got to let them develop in their own time not burden them with this much pressure and expectations before the seasons even started.

If any of these kids play more than 10 league games this season I'll be astonished. 

9 hours ago, J_Kitamirike said:

No chance Hemmings will be returning please don't get our hopes up! 

There will be a number of clubs in league 2 who would be queuing up for his signature and possibly spfl clubs too.

His mates (Bain and Stewart) are long gone from Dens so I don't see the what the appeal would be for him. 

He could do a job for any premiership club outside of the ugly sisters...

I'd fecking love it though and would be like....Shankland who????? 

For now we must do with the Admiral and no goal Curran. 

I agree that the chances on KH returning to Dens is about the same as Jack Hamilton’s returning to the Scotland squad, but regarding Hemming’s buddies when he was at Dens before, I’m pretty sure McPake was part of the same network of friends (along with Kevin Thompson). 

• Like 1

BBC gossip column still running with us, Utd, St Mirren & St Johnstone hoping to tie up a loan deal for Stevie May. 

Gonna have a stab at Jamie McCart being a potential signing. Good age and potential. Under contract at ICT until the end of the season. His auld man just started following us on Twitter. 

Bored so making up my own rumours.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2