The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
harry94

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2019-20

Rate this topic

21 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Ross Co won the league last season scoring 60+ goals. IMO I do not think Nelson and Curran will (help), to get anywhere near that.

I'm also (fairly), confident JMP will bring in at least 1 goal scoring striker to help Nelson and perhaps 2.     

Curran started 8 games for United in the Championship last season and scored 3 times so he should be scoring at least half a dozen this season, especially if he's a regular.

Nelson will targeting 20 goals I imagine. McDaid and Todd will be getting 5-10 going by last season and we've still got a couple of strikers to come in. 

• Like 1

As Cobra says I could see goals already in this team. With an additional striker, or two, and a winger we could get the goals needed for a promotion challenge. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Ross Co won the league last season scoring 60+ goals. IMO I do not think Nelson and Curran will (help), to get anywhere near that.

I'm also (fairly), confident JMP will bring in at least 1 goal scoring striker to help Nelson and perhaps 2.     

Dondeh, we do need to replace K Miller, I hope we are playing the patient approach and we will sign an established striker during the coarse of next week, however I still think Curran has a part to play and a better quality midfield like we have now, should draw out the best in him once we have learned to play alongside each other. 

• Like 1

Ross County had 6 players with 5 or more goals last season, Billy Mckay with 20 for the season. With the quality of midfield we have on paper and a hot striker there is no reason we cannot surpass this.

Transfer news LIVE: Rangers look for loan moves for Ryan Hardie and Glenn Middleton http://bit.ly/2RXBiRB 

Record.

1 hour ago, Dondeh said:

Absolutely fine if Nelson and anyone else (currently at the club), scores the goals needed. When you look at our goals scored and goal attempts it has been pitiful last couple of seasons.

Additionally, Curran failed in this league at his previous club.  

Bit of a sweeping statement, how are you measuring this failure ?

17 minutes ago, Huggs66 said:

Dondeh, we do need to replace K Miller, Curran has a part to play 

Yes and maybe Yes. 

My preference is that Curran is a make weight in a deal to get a good striker in.

5 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Bit of a sweeping statement, how are you measuring this failure ?

He was punted by the Championship DABs mid season

Curran signed a three-year contract with Dundee United on 1 June 2018.[78] After a frustrating start to the season, he left United in January 2019, moving across Tannadice Street to join their Dundee derby rivals Dundee.[79] 

Just now, Dondeh said:

We acquired his services rather than he was punted, I don't think they were in a position to punt him. I get what you're saying but there's loads of players who are signed by a clubs previous manager who aren't necessarily the new managers cup of tea, that doesn't mean they're bad players.

5 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Curran signed a three-year contract with Dundee United on 1 June 2018.[78] After a frustrating start to the season, he left United in January 2019, moving across Tannadice Street to join their Dundee derby rivals Dundee.[79] 

If I'm not mistaken United signed 20-odd players last season capable being first-team regulars and Neilson tweaked things until he was able to grind out wins. I don't think it's fair to say United punted him. The player just wasn't critical to Neilson's gameplan at the turn of the year and we were prepared to take over his contract so it suited all parties for him to cross the street.

1 minute ago, Dondeh said:

Is that straight from wiki ? He's not been a standout with us and I'm not sticking up for him as such but failure is a strong term. I thought in his first few games for us he was a handful. He's not a 'goal getting' forward, not a striker, he's the foil for the striker. Will he improve this season, I dunno but he gives us something different. Unfortunately if you're a forward you're always going to be judged on goals and he's more in the Heskey Camp than the Owen one.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Transfer news LIVE: Rangers look for loan moves for Ryan Hardie and Glenn Middleton http://bit.ly/2RXBiRB 

Record.

If hardie is available mcpake should move heaven and earth to get him in imo

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

6 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Gonna have a stab at Jamie McCart being a potential signing. Good age and potential. Under contract at ICT until the end of the season. His auld man just started following us on Twitter. 

Bored so making up my own rumours.

Rev, any time I've seen him he looks rely decent, do ICT have his contract??

Just now, chomp my root said:

Is that straight from wiki ? 

Yes.

Hopefully Nelms/JMP can use their collective/persuasive skills to get at least one player in that will consign Curran to the bench.

Ideally use him him as a bargaining chip for a transfer. But then again, who would take him?.   

At World Cup 98 France played with just Guivarc'h up front. Guivarc'h failed to find the net once but France lifted the trophy.

Let's wait and see if McPake considers Curran part of his best XI. It might work.

• Like 2