Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2019-20

harry94

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
23 minutes ago, DFC#1 said:

Rumour on Instagram (yes I know) that Jason Cummings is on trial

Wasn’t with the forest squad in Spain, so looks to be surplus. Whilst I can’t see him being on trial I can’t see with the Hibs connection why it couldn’t  be a possibility. An on for Cummings with his head in the right place would be awesome 

11 hours ago, DFC1974 said:

I got to admit Harry I’d be absolutely amazed/shocked if Faisal ended up back at Dens in any capacity. It back to the Williams debate - we waited so long to get him off our books after a couple of years of being effortlessly brushed off the ball before being farmed out on loan (where he was equally as ineffective). I think it would send the wrong message to even consider letting him use Dens. 

I think it's a bit different to the Williams debate tbh. I know he struggled to be effective at top flight level but he was quite happy to give it a shot to cover in positions that he wasn't familiar with and get behind the ball and add pressure, he did this for quite a large number of games and when he left, we actually found out that the alternative options ended up being much worse as they weren't even capable of trying to stick to their position.

I don't think we'll sign him up but if he's a hard worker who McPake respects a lot, I don't see why we should definitively shut the door on people forever and we've had quite a few trialists this summer who have departed without deals so I don't think we're handing out contracts to anyone who shows up. The move here didn't work out for him and he's struggled to find his scoring boots but he was a big prospect when he arrived and is still relatively young; I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he finds a team who suit him and the league is clamouring for him again next season. Our expectations of him were unreasonable IMO, he spent the last couple of years playing off a target man (Michael Moffat) and then when we started signing a couple (Haber in October and then Moussa that summer), he was very rarely played with them. He used to bring out an incredible level of seethe in me but I do think management was generally pretty pish from the start of his spell here. Hartley seemed to think he could magically transform into Stewart. A team with a good target man will kick start his career I reckon, maybe Falkirk a league down with Sammon.

Can't really see Cummings, would imagine he's on way too much money.

Tbh, I've always thought he was really over rated. Not a bad player but they hype about him started when he was playing in a Hibs side who had a vast level of resources in comparison to their competition and were pretty much always dominating possession and giving several chances a match. He's not a bad player but since he got his move, he seems to have behaved like a total walloper and been exiled everywhere he's went - could see him going to a smaller club and thinking he's big time.

12 hours ago, Iain T Campbell said:

We were making chances and plenty of them in some games, but were not converting them. 

In some games. In most games we were not, according to the stats (certainly compared to the teams we were playing).

Edited by Dondeh

Adblock Detected