The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
harry94

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2019-20

Rate this topic

24 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Very surprised he's had to drop down to League One. Thought he would've got a move to a Championship club.

Seemingly has an injury concern hanging over him which why Morton withheld their contract offer I believe

44 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

It looks like no business will be done today, hopefully there is some movement before Saturdays game.

Hopefully the May situation willbe sorted out one way or another after their game tomorrow. Also would fit with JMPs comment on Monday about 4,5 or 6 days.

Edited by Dondeh

18 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

It looks like no business will be done today, hopefully there is some movement before Saturdays game.

With Aberdeen in Finland for their Europa 2nd leg tomorrow, I'd not anticipate a decision until early next week. May was on the bench for the first leg at Pittodrie, and likely to be again, for this leg. 

May's agent might also be actively seeking other offers from clubs in England.

6 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

With Aberdeen in Finland for their Europa 2nd leg tomorrow, I'd not anticipate a decision until early next week. May was on the bench for the first leg at Pittodrie, and likely to be again, for this leg. 

If he isn't in the squad, would take that as an indication that something is imminent.

20 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Did he travel? I cannot find Dons squad list anywhere.

18 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Looks like it from the official pics on Twitter at Abz airport .

14 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Yes, he's in photo 5 of this set from their departure from Aberdeen airport this afternoon. No mention of players, or his situation, in the AFC report before they left.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2019/07/17/rops-preview-dons-fly-out-to-finland/

https://www.afc.co.uk/gallery/rops-preview-aberdeen-airport-gallery/#nanogallery/undefined/0/6 

image.png.4efaa7fa0cdac0a31ef15bdf84779942.png

Quite bizarre that they want him off the books yet he travels to an away tie in Europe? Guess he may still have a role to play.

would be ironic if he played/ took part and had a blinder!

11 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

“Why the hell did the gaffer ask me to look after this kid, he just found a hat and is over the moon. Can’t wait till he leaves”

• Funny 3

2 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Quite bizarre that they want him off the books yet he travels to an away tie in Europe? Guess he may still have a role to play.

Hopefully he has a stinker if he plays 😂

5 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Happens a fair bit during these ridiculous 4 rounds of qualifiers, 6 weeks before the window closes. Bryson & their new signing Ojo weren't available this round, but will be available if they go through. I guess signing Wilson & Ojo allows them to let May go.

31 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Yes, he's in photo 5 of this set from their departure from Aberdeen airport this afternoon. No mention of players, or his situation, in the AFC report before they left.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2019/07/17/rops-preview-dons-fly-out-to-finland/

https://www.afc.co.uk/gallery/rops-preview-aberdeen-airport-gallery/#nanogallery/undefined/0/6 

"Dad, there's the Ice Cream Van ... And you promised me, a Big Cone, wi a Chocolate flake on top, if eh behaved mehsel' on that Big Plane":chaplin:

9 minutes ago, Gedee said:

"Dad, there's the Ice Cream Van ... And you promised me, a Big Cone, wi a Chocolate flake on top, if eh behaved mehsel' on that Big Plane":chaplin:

Gedee, in aberdein, there called  cappies, nae big cones, just as we are unique in the world fir Circles & Cundie’s. 🤣

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WoodStein said:

I would think if we are going to get him, Which I still believe is a very large "IF", It would be some point late on Friday. I would imagine Aberdeen has told him he is free to go but they don't want to release him until after their Europa League game (Numbers in squad)

In regards to the Agent part, While it is there Job to get the best deal possible, I believe his ship has sailed with English Clubs. While I do believe he could be a great success at Dens his record in recent years has faltered on the scoring front and clubs are possibly interested in what he once was and not now. Every club will believe they can get him back to that, You shouldn't just lose talent at his age. He needs to be loved at a club again without always moving around.

I personally believe if we are at the front of the que it may not be the overall wage but the length of contract that may interest him. Job security is a massive thing and on the face off it we tend to offer 2 years + 1.

• Like 1

My information is that the only acceptable offers (to the player [through his agent] and to Aberdeen) are from us. I was assured the deal was very imminent at the weekend and all May had to decide was whether he wanted to come permanently or on loan, so I can't understand the delay at all. 

United have no interest and I was told that no other interested parties will get close to our offers. 

I will hopefully see my source again this evening and will report back. They are not connected to Dundee FC. 

• Like 7