Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2019-20

harry94

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

We have a competitive starting XI and some talented youngsters so I don't think we need to enter panic mode just yet. There are 5/6 weeks for the window to close. I'd rather get the right players in August than rush to fill the squad now .

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cobra said:

We have a competitive starting XI and some talented youngsters so I don't think we need to enter panic mode just yet. There are 5/6 weeks for the window to close. I'd rather get the right players in August than rush to fill the squad now .

Yup, the season lasts a good bit longer than the transfer window so we're not quite at the 10 to 2 so grab the nearest burd stage just yet.

• Funny 1

19 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I do agree with this but am a little concerned at how thin the squad is particularly with us having a tough run of games in August. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

I do agree with this but am a little concerned at how thin the squad is particularly with us having a tough run of games in August. 

I'm quite comfortable with it. We have some really good first-team players and apparently some very decent youngsters as well.

What we don't have is our usual half dozen mediocre players to sit on the bench and eat up a wage.

I'd rather keep things lean and wait for guys to come available who the management know can improve our starting XI. If we get an injury or two we can always respond to that by bringing in a loan player or two at short notice.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

I think we'd all like to see a few more signings and not just to give us something to talk about. It would give them more time to settle etc but its looking like we're going to have to be patient. Going by what we've brought in already and the players we're being linked with we seem to be looking at proven players who will have more options than guys who would bite our hand off for a chance to play for us but that's because they'd see us as a step up (if you follow). I'm quite happy with this approach, we're not looking at 'consolidating' in the Championship, we seem to be looking for a team that won't need rebuilding next year when we win the League. :D

• Like 1

Heard the rumour about May to United too now. The same guy told me a week or so before Shankland too and that obviously turned out to be right. Apparently they need to offload Sow and Aird first though. If United are serious about signing him there’s no way we’ll compete with what they’re paying so it would rule us out straight away. Don’t know if I would be too fussed to be honest, if we’re pushing the boat out on a player I would rather someone who hasn’t had a history of pretty serious injuries and who hasn’t really been that great in a few seasons. 

Adblock Detected