The Dark Blues
harry94

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2019-20

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, SpiderDee1893 said:

After google searching Will Miller he sounds like a signing we would make.....

17 Jan 2018 - Burton Albion midfielder Will Miller will miss the rest of the season after detaching his kneecap in Saturday's 3-1 Championship defeat by QPR.

Maybe WW knows a couple of timeserved gentlemen from the Hilltoon that have done some kneecapping in the past. They could lend him a spare 😁

• Funny 2

Just read an article on 21yr old Sheffield Wednesday attacking left back or midfielder Matt Penney who's one of ten first teamers who's yet to play this season. The article suggests he's available and speculates interest from other leagues including Scotland. Tenuous links maybe but we do apparently have a left back on trial and I've made a flimsy attempt at filling in the blanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Just read an article on 21yr old Sheffield Wednesday attacking left back or midfielder Matt Penney who's one of ten first teamers who's yet to play this season. The article suggests he's available and speculates interest from other leagues including Scotland. Tenuous links maybe but we do apparently have a left back on trial and I've made a flimsy attempt at filling in the blanks.

Was there not some chat about a Tyler Garrett?

1 hour ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Was there not some chat about a Tyler Garrett?

No idea mate, I was just grasping at straws really.

31 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

Quiet on here the day 

Was thinking exactly the same, things will maybe burst into life tomorrow with a pre-match signing..........or two.

Most of our signings have come on a Thursday or Friday. Hopefully we've got another lined up before the weekend.

👀 pssst, anyone here? 

Hoping this could be the calm before a storm load of signings to be announced today. 

Did JMP not say earlier in the week about waiting to see how clubs did in Europe? Celtic (from CL) and Aberdeen papped oot....

Hope Aberdeen doesn’t play Wright this weekend or he’ll be cup-tied for us in the next round. 

• Funny 2
  • Star Post 1

14 minutes ago, Rosco said:

Hope Aberdeen doesn’t play Wright this weekend or he’ll be cup-tied for us in the next round. 

I wonder if we've not signed king because there's a chance we could get Wright.

29 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

I wonder if we've not signed king because there's a chance we could get Wright.

Could be on to something mate. I was surprised he was left out of their squad altogether last night. Maybe something in the offing now they have been knocked out. I’d have thought they’d want to wait until after Sunday though if Cosgrove is gubbed again

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, dblair said:

Could be on to something mate. I was surprised he was left out of their squad altogether last night. Maybe something in the offing now they have been knocked out. I’d have thought they’d want to wait until after Sunday though if Cosgrove is gubbed again

Yep, if we're to sign Wright then it'll either be next week or there'll be some sort of agreement where he can't play on Sunday imo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rosco said:

Not  sure but I think he will be OK for the final😁😁

I feel like if we don't sign King today we won't sign him at all. Like, he's been trialing for a decent amount of time.

• Like 1

If King is still at the club, I think we'll see ðin the next couple of hours.

JMP today:-

No update on May. Hemmings coming in put that to bed 'probably'. Last conversation left with his Agent

Wants to do a bit more in the transfer market. Continuing to keep looking.    

• Like 1

So imminent signings but we're still trying to improve the squad. Still two weeks until the window shuts.