The Dark Blues
harry94

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2019-20

Rate this topic

ABERDEEN forward Scott Wright is being chased by Ipswich and Sunderland.

Sun Sport

16 hours ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

I think its Wright if there is someone else

That’s that not happening then 😂

Anyone know how many loan players you can take from one club?

Know it was one per club for the Premier, however I think it could be more for the Championship?

P.S Greg Stewart not in match day squad again for Rangers 🤔🙏

27 minutes ago, paulitto said:

Know it was one per club for the Premier, however I think it could be more for the Championship?

Neither did Scott Wright. Can't get near the worst Aberdeen team in many a year. They've always had 4 or 5 you'd take in a minute, not now. He did very little for us in his loan spell apart from his free kick at Livingston. Not sure at all he's the answer. Very lightweight. Say we signed him, where would he play and who would we drop.

32 minutes ago, paulitto said:

Do Dunfermline not have 2 on loan from Aberdeen this season?

Not that I can think of any club with 2 players we're likely to want to take on loan ;0)

55 minutes ago, paulitto said:

2 from players in a different league. The rule used to be 1 across the board but we kicked up a fuss when Bomber wanted a second loan player from Motherwell (we had Adam Cummins and wanted Bob McHugh as well).

16 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

That's McPake isn't it? 

I think McPake covers the wide areas but we still need a creative midfielder / number 10 player.

That's the Holy Grail :) Like a Nemsadze or a Stewart or a Harkins. McGowan was doing well in that role but has perhaps dropped off a bit. 

I still think CW could do a job there and still have a goal threat too. He should be developed into a central no 10.

Edited by eyeothedug

52 minutes ago, nemsadzDEE said:

I think McPake covers the wide areas but we still need a creative midfielder / number 10 player.

Todd's that player imo.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

Just now, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Todd's that player imo.

Hope so Rev, he has looked good in spells but hasn't convinced me yet to be honest. 

If we can move on Davies and Curran then hopefully we can bring in 1 more quality player for that role which is the final piece in the jigsaw in my opinion. 

8 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Todd's that player imo.

But he is being payed wide though? What happened to the Dorrans deal? 

4 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

But he is being payed wide though? What happened to the Dorrans deal? 

No Idea if there ever was a Dorrans deal mate. Todd, for me, looks far more comfortable when coming inside. I believe he can play left, right and central and based on what I've seen so far the no 10 role would suit him more than than playing wide. 

13 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Todd's that player imo.

Not for me. I have been underwhelmed when I have seen him. Slow soft and not a presence in midfield that we need. The game seems to have slipped by him but to be fair all I  have seen in the half that he got yesterday and the game on telly when we looked poor. I thought when he came on against Inverness that his size would be a good thing but he pulls out of tackles  and headers all the time. It’s an area where we definitely are lacking. 

I though Byrne was good in first half allowing Robertson to be playmaker but when the young lad went off and he moved into the middle he looked lost. Expected so much more and maybe will all of them it will take time to sort out.

we are still unbeaten so we can’t loose hope this early in the season.

4 minutes ago, EuanG said:

Not for me. I have been underwhelmed when I have seen him. Slow soft and not a presence in midfield that we need. The game seems to have slipped by him but to be fair all I  have seen in the half that he got yesterday and the game on telly when we looked poor. I thought when he came on against Inverness that his size would be a good thing but he pulls out of tackles  and headers all the time. It’s an area where we definitely are lacking. 

I though Byrne was good in first half allowing Robertson to be playmaker but when the young lad went off and he moved into the middle he looked lost. Expected so much more and maybe will all of them it will take time to sort out.

Maybe Todd deserves a go in the centre. 

22 minutes ago, EuanG said:

I think you said earlier that you've been to two games, not a dig but Todd has looked very good at times, particularly last week against Aberdeen. I think he's a creator rather than a ball winner.

47 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Todd, for me, looks far more comfortable when coming inside.

Don't we all. 🤪

• Funny 5

2 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Todd's that player imo.

Been saying that since the Dunfermline game.

• Like 1