Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2019-20

harry94

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, WoodStein said:

Aye....Tyrone's been on holiday...or covering the scottish open....same thing, really.

At least now, for a change, we have some constructive quotes from within Dens (rather than unsubstantiated rumours that could easily have been read on twitter/forums), in this case Dave Mackay, who's the one that's been talking to May.

Doesn't sound like May's going to make his decision in a hurry.....and of course Aberdeen have a decision or two to make, re loan/sell/release options.

Hopefully one or more of JMcP's other targets will sign up this week.  🤞  

Think we need to consider other strikers. What about 2 of the 15 that James is considering? Let's get some deals done. Forget about May. He should realise his best bet is to drop down a division with us just now. Sounds like he is just interested in the money. He shouldn't be thinking about that. He should be thinking about the best way to revive his career. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

Sounds like he is just interested in the money. He shouldn't be thinking about that. He should be thinking about the best way to revive his career. 

That very same career which is very short and he absolutely should be looking to maximise his earnings in what he has left of. 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

That very same career which is very short and he absolutely should be looking to maximise his earnings in what he has left of. 

He should be looking to revitalise his earning potential by doing well with us then move on again to a bigger club in 2 years or so...Now is not the time to be looking for big money. 

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

Think we need to consider other strikers. What about 2 of the 15 that James is considering? Let's get some deals done. Forget about May. He should realise his best bet is to drop down a division with us just now. Sounds like he is just interested in the money. He shouldn't be thinking about that. He should be thinking about the best way to revive his career. 

I think we are all guilty (and understandably so) of seeing this from a purely DFC standpoint. 

May, it would appear, has a lot to weigh up, with 3,4, maybe 12 options to consider. Some will offer him more money, some will offer him more game time. Some will see him have to drop a level, some will see him have to relocate and so on. He's in an industry with a short opportunity to earn a living and arguably this move could be make or break for his career. If he needs time to consider and see every option he has and weigh all that up - and he still ends up at Dens, then for me he'll be here for the right reasons.

I'm coming round to the opinion that we'd be better off trying to get someone like May in if we can because the last three seasons of working with bit parts up front has failed dismally. I'd rather we backed a guy who has at least something of a track record than ended up either going with what we've got or bringing in more short term gambles like last season. Will it work? Who knows but something needs to change.  

For me Nelson is much more effective and part of the game with a partner. This working McDaid and Gowser off him (and I thought Gowser started well and it was telling that McInally said after the game that they'd hoped to try and force Gowser deeper and deeper and that it worked. making him less effective) leaves Nelson simply running around chasing lost causes. We were better once Curran came on so if we can add someone who will make Nelson better while adding 10 goals as well, then that has to be a good thing. At least for me it does anyway. 

• Like 5
  • Star Post 1

1 hour ago, eyeothedug said:

He should be looking to revitalise his earning potential by doing well with us then move on again to a bigger club in 2 years or so...Now is not the time to be looking for big money. 

If he isn't looking for the money then he should be going back to St Johnstone - a level higher than us with much more exposure for his 'big move', two years from now.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

If he isn't looking for the money then he should be going back to St Johnstone - a level higher than us with much more exposure for his 'big move', two years from now.

Depends on the individual but I would have thought returning to McDiarmid would be quite a depressing thing to do. An acceptance that his career has gone pear-shaped. If he bangs in the goals for St Johnstone nobody will be surprised as he's done in before. If he fails to score regularly people will say he's finished. At least at Dundee he gets to make a fresh start. Whether he wants to play in the Championship under a rookie manager though remains to be seen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WeighorstsWang said:

He would be much better stepping down a division I think. He's not played particularly well against every SPL defence. Same thing could happen for St J. 

43 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Depends on the individual but I would have thought returning to McDiarmid would be quite a depressing thing to do. An acceptance that his career has gone pear-shaped. If he bangs in the goals for St Johnstone nobody will be surprised as he's done in before. If he fails to score regularly people will say he's finished. At least at Dundee he gets to make a fresh start. Whether he wants to play in the Championship under a rookie manager though remains to be seen.

Yes, agree, hiding to nothing at St J. More chance to restart his career with us. 

52 minutes ago, Dens Bound Rhino said:

I'm definitely getting to the stage where we should be thinking of moving of from May and concentrate on getting other players in. Cant hang about forever 

Yes agree...what about a couple of the other 14 strikers JMcP has been looking at? 

• Like 1

Adblock Detected