The Dark Blues
harry94

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2019-20

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Davies turns 35 this year. His career has been blighted by injury. He's not going to be able to play week in week out for Dundee this season so I imagine he'll be quite happy to be a rotation option. He does have impressive leadership qualities and loads of experience so I don't think McPake will want to get rid.

Meekings hasn't played a full season since 2014/15 so we'll be lucky to get 20 games out of him as well.

I actually think we'll need to add a centre-back myself rather than let one go. I don't think McGhee is a natural at CB and Waddell's form has been very erratic at times. It could be a problem position for us this season.

Not that I think its a problem position but if we were to play with 3 CB's then I'd be happy to go with 5, or at least have options elsewhere to allow players like Cammy to cover, assuming he has cover. If you follow me.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

We have seemingly had a 5 figure sum accepted for Shaun Byrne and he has been granted permission to speak to us.

the same rag says we are interested in Jordan Marshall of Queen of the south as a replacement for Nathan Ralph.

• Love 1

Looks like we might actually be signing this Byrne fella?

I'm quite excited at the prospect as he was highly rated and played a lot at Livi last season in the premiership.

Only 5ft 9 though...

Does anyone know what type of player he is? defensive midfielder?

guy on p&b now saying Byrne wants too much money and deal is potentially off...

Also said we had an ex old firm centre mid at Dens for a medical yesterday... Ness? that mob fae Perth also interested. 

Dundee are looking at out-of-contract left-back Jordan Marshall from Queen of the South. They would however be due the Dumfries team a development fee.

Dundee won't be pursing Linfield striker Michael O’Connor despite reports linking him with the Dee (The Tully)

6 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

I'm quite excited at the prospect as he was highly rated and played a lot at Livi last season in the premiership.

Only 5ft 9 though...

He's not a massive name but if we pull this off, it's an incredible signing relative to the level we're at.

He come through at Dunfermline and got a chance in the team with their admin but ended up being released a few years ago and Livingston signed him. At the time, he was played as a more attacking midfielder and he seemed to be a lightweight and not really impact a lot on games. There was a wee bit of controversy about his release at the time but most fans agreed it wasn't a huge loss, we were linked with him (we were managed by Hartley) but nothing came of that and he joined Livi under David Hopkin in League One.

From there, he was kind of reinvented and pretty much always moved to be the deepest player of the midfield so defensive midfielder would be a fair description. He bulked up a lot and turned into a tough tackling physical player who influences games.

I'm still a wee bit skeptical it'll go through because I definitely think he's good enough for a comfortable top flight side to take him, I worry we'll maybe be used to win him a deal at someone else but hopefully I'm wrong.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Only 5ft 9 though...

I'm sure Byrne is over 6 fut.

1 hour ago, blueboy said:

How many Jordans can we sign? 

Noticed also McGhee and also now the boy Marshall we are linked to have the same initials as the gaffer 🤔

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

Davies turns 35 this year. His career has been blighted by injury. He's not going to be able to play week in week out for Dundee this season so I imagine he'll be quite happy to be a rotation option. He does have impressive leadership qualities and loads of experience so I don't think McPake will want to get rid.

Meekings hasn't played a full season since 2014/15 so we'll be lucky to get 20 games out of him as well.

I actually think we'll need to add a centre-back myself rather than let one go. I don't think McGhee is a natural at CB and Waddell's form has been very erratic at times. It could be a problem position for us this season.

My fears completely summarized, we ain't going to get 15 plus league appearances, from either Davies or Meekings, their poor injuries history, won't improve overnight, therefore as Cobra states, sadly we'll still require another FIT, Central Defender, for our squad.

Gents - In the Scottish Sun ?? - Dee swoop

Dundee agree five-figure fee with Livingston for midfielder Shaun Byrne

By Roger Hannah

18 Jun 2019, 10:54

SHAUN BYRNE has been given permission to speak to Dundee after they agreed a five-figure fee for the midfielder with Livingston.

2 minutes ago, Huggs66 said:

Gents - In the Scottish Sun ?? - Dee swoop

Dundee agree five-figure fee with Livingston for midfielder Shaun Byrne

By Roger Hannah

18 Jun 2019, 10:54

SHAUN BYRNE has been given permission to speak to Dundee after they agreed a five-figure fee for the midfielder with Livingston.

Post #802.

4 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Post #802.

Thanks Rev, when it posted it suggested it was 801 ??, must of been the queue 😂

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, blueboy said:

How many Jordans can we sign? 

What about the one with the Big Hands and a Pink Range Rover, could we fit her in ??

8 minutes ago, Huggs66 said:

What about the one with the Big Hands and a Pink Range Rover, could we fit her in ??

Post #810.😂

• Funny 1

I'm happy to see us sign a left back in Marshall  but get the impression that Holt is a better player and QOTS fans are pretty happy that he will be replacing Marshall.

11 minutes ago, Huggs66 said:

Now now, this is a serious subject.

Apart from McGhee and maybe Marshall, there was a Jordon Forster rumour too I recall.

1 hour ago, Rocky Boy said:

My fears completely summarized, we ain't going to get 15 plus league appearances, from either Davies or Meekings, their poor injuries history, won't improve overnight, therefore as Cobra states, sadly we'll still require another FIT, Central Defender, for our squad.

Get your point but I wouldn't be rushing to sign another centre back just yet given we will have a limited budget.

Before the August window closes we'll have played roughly 13/14 games if you include the friendlies. So that gives McPake time to assess if Davies/Meekings are likely to be reliable and whether a Waddell/McGee partnership is solid enough. If towards the end of August it looks like it will be a problem position then we can invest in another CB.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

4 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

I'm happy to see us sign a left back in Marshall  but get the impression that Holt is a better player and QOTS fans are pretty happy that he will be replacing Marshall.

Maybe a wee bit of karma for Holt. We fvcked him off and are now looking at the youngster he'll likely replace but probably wishing we were actually signing Holt instead. 

• Like 3

Anyone know the situation with Waddell. People are talking as if he is back.

Just now, Blue4evr said:

Anyone know the situation with Waddell. People are talking as if he is back.

I read somewhere that he's still on holiday. Probably sign a new deal this week I think.

1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I read somewhere that he's still on holiday. Probably sign a new deal this week I think.

Good. I'd like to see him back. I'm sure he's learned a lot while he's been away.