Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2019-20

harry94

53 minutes ago, jack12895 said:

Would anyone take Kris Doolan? 

Bomber overloaded our striking options a bit last time round and it didn't hurt.

I certainly wouldn't want to be paying for him as the main man but if we had a few options signed up and he was available relatively cheaply on a one year day, I'd take a shot at him. Clarkson was probably quite similar at the time being unfancied by the rest of the league and on the scrapheap, didn't work out long-term but his contribution took us well clear of relegation.

I'm a wee bit worried about goals. For me, Nelson's past fitness and injury rumours mean that there's a chance he'll not contribute near as much as people are expecting - the crowd have been going berserk whenever he's been substituted but I think there must be a problem there and you often see him running off the pitch then almost collapsing in a heap, he's had a lot of surgery for someone that age and you worry about inflammation etc. Curran is a target man and then Kenny Miller is older and has uncertainty about him.

We really need to find a new version of Peaso going into this season. It doesn't matter if they are older, we just need someone to hit that 15-20 league goal mark if we've got any chance of a good title challenge. For me, Billy McKay has to be our top priority signing. He's a natural goalscorer at that level and I don't think we'll be able to find someone who has delivered as consistently as him - 17 goals in 24 games this season and you'd imagine that if he hadn't broken his arm, he'd have netted a fair few more than that. He's out of contract and although you'd think he's likely to stay there, it's definitely worth making an offer now IMO.

I'd also think about Alan Trouten. He's 33 now and has played most of his career as a part-time player but he's consistently scored goals and he showed that he could do it in the second tier for a side that were struggling. It might be hard to tempt him if he's got other things going on in life but a years deal would be worth it if he could similarly match his goal return as this season. He's went under the radar a wee bit but he's been a consistent goalscorer for years and managed it in some very average sides. He could maybe be our Monti type gamble.

• Like 2

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Not unreasonable- suspect he’s settled in the west tho

Been released mate and unless a Hamilton, Livi or St Mirren in league above come in for him he isn't gonna get close to his wage from Partick at any other club in the west 

3 hours ago, harry94 said:

Bomber overloaded our striking options a bit last time round and it didn't hurt.

I certainly wouldn't want to be paying for him as the main man but if we had a few options signed up and he was available relatively cheaply on a one year day, I'd take a shot at him. Clarkson was probably quite similar at the time being unfancied by the rest of the league and on the scrapheap, didn't work out long-term but his contribution took us well clear of relegation.

I'm a wee bit worried about goals. For me, Nelson's past fitness and injury rumours mean that there's a chance he'll not contribute near as much as people are expecting - the crowd have been going berserk whenever he's been substituted but I think there must be a problem there and you often see him running off the pitch then almost collapsing in a heap, he's had a lot of surgery for someone that age and you worry about inflammation etc. Curran is a target man and then Kenny Miller is older and has uncertainty about him.

We really need to find a new version of Peaso going into this season. It doesn't matter if they are older, we just need someone to hit that 15-20 league goal mark if we've got any chance of a good title challenge. For me, Billy McKay has to be our top priority signing. He's a natural goalscorer at that level and I don't think we'll be able to find someone who has delivered as consistently as him - 17 goals in 24 games this season and you'd imagine that if he hadn't broken his arm, he'd have netted a fair few more than that. He's out of contract and although you'd think he's likely to stay there, it's definitely worth making an offer now IMO.

I'd also think about Alan Trouten. He's 33 now and has played most of his career as a part-time player but he's consistently scored goals and he showed that he could do it in the second tier for a side that were struggling. It might be hard to tempt him if he's got other things going on in life but a years deal would be worth it if he could similarly match his goal return as this season. He's went under the radar a wee bit but he's been a consistent goalscorer for years and managed it in some very average sides. He could maybe be our Monti type gamble.

What about Bobby Linn Harry - you reckon he could come back to full time and score in the championship? Been outstanding for Arbroath by all accounts.

11 hours ago, harry94 said:

Got to rethink our long term strategy rather than focus on knee jerk reactions... 

1 hour ago, eyeothedug said:

Got to rethink our long term strategy rather than focus on knee jerk reactions... 

Why would signing some like billy McKay be a knee jerk reaction? He is a proven goal scorer at that level and has just won that league with Ross County. He is the type of player we should be crying out for. 

Im not being funny mate but if you think we are going to fill the team with young boys and succeed in that league then you are deluded. That league is brutal and needs the right blend of player and boys like McKay are what we need. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

Why would signing some like billy McKay be a knee jerk reaction? He is a proven goal scorer at that level and has just won that league with Ross County. He is the type of player we should be crying out for. 

Im not being funny mate but if you think we are going to fill the team with young boys and succeed in that league then you are deluded. That league is brutal and needs the right blend of player and boys like McKay are what we need. 

You need to think differently I think. We may go down another league before coming up again. 

• Wowzer 1

Adblock Detected