The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
harry94

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2019-20

Rate this topic

Wrong thread DUH!!,GS thread was meant for.

2 hours ago, jack12895 said:

Yeah he is mate, but was a random tweet from Bobby saying Well... and tagged kerr, might be nothing but would have liked to have kept him on another year or 2

read that he has been training with Arbroath the last week

8 minutes ago, Dayster said:

read that he has been training with Arbroath the last week

Yup, times up. He'd be back up here and to be honest, I'm hoping the boys who'd get the shirt (if season started tomorrow) would be back up so in theory he's now, at best, back up to the back up. 

Thanks for everything, mutual parting and hopefully goes on to have a pretty decent career. 

• Like 2

Wonder if there will be our usual 4pm signing 

8 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Wonder if there will be our usual 4pm signing 

Hope so mate.

I still think fyvie and the laddie from Celtic will sign before the squad flies out for training, maybe even Turner aswell

We're needing a striker quite urgently. I quite like the look of this lad playing in Romania. Maybe McPake could make an enquiry.

• Funny 3

4 minutes ago, Cobra said:

We're needing a striker quite urgently. I quite like the look of this lad playing in Romania. Maybe McPake could make an enquiry.

There's no doubting that Moussa wore his heart on his sleeve and desperately wanted to do well. His attitude was good and he was a hard worker. Unfortunately some howling early misses set the tone and he was never really going to recover. I still think he could've become a cult hero here given a wee bit of luck. If we'd had a regular goalscorer I think that would've taken the spotlight off of him and bought him a bit of time to win us over.

• Like 2

Cracking strike from The Moose :) ....he seemed 'tougher & hungrier' than when here, what have they been feeding him!

1 hour ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Yup, times up. He'd be back up here and to be honest, I'm hoping the boys who'd get the shirt (if season started tomorrow) would be back up so in theory he's now, at best, back up to the back up. 

Thanks for everything, mutual parting and hopefully goes on to have a pretty decent career. 

Don’t think any Dundee fans would be dying to sign him if he didn’t come through our academy to be honest. Decent enough player but Arbroath is probably his level for me. 

2 minutes ago, an-dee said:

Don’t think any Dundee fans would be dying to sign him if he didn’t come through our academy to be honest. Decent enough player but Arbroath is probably his level for me. 

If he looks after himself and works hard I don't think a year or two at Arbroath will do him any harm, it'll give the chance to play regularly and to possibly step back up to full time football in the future.

34 minutes ago, Cobra said:

The finesse in that’s strike tho, difficult angle as well. 

Looks a promising player. 

Sam Jones released from Shrewsbury, wonder if mcpake would be interested 

9 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

If he looks after himself and works hard I don't think a year or two at Arbroath will do him any harm, it'll give the chance to play regularly and to possibly step back up to full time football in the future.

He seemed to be doing ok at Morton, though maybe not consistent enough, so his future's very much still in his hands, if he puts the work in, maybe a bit of extra training. If he doesn't get a championship club, though, he's then got to consider dropping to part-time & finding another job, then he's splitting his time & might struggle to get back into full-time.

That full/part-time cutoff in Scotland is a bit high up our leagues, compared to England, must be a bu**er for young players on that edge between the two. 

1 minute ago, WoodStein said:

He seemed to be doing ok at Morton, though maybe not consistent enough, so his future's very much still in his hands, if he puts the work in, maybe a bit of extra training. If he doesn't get a championship club, though, he's then got to consider dropping to part-time & finding another job, then he's splitting his time & might struggle to get back into full-time.

That full/part-time cutoff in Scotland is a bit high up our leagues, compared to England, must be a bu**er for young players on that edge between the two. 

I thought Arbroath were part-time.

Just now, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I thought Arbroath were part-time.

They are, Rev....now one of only two (+ Alloa) in that league....I was forgetting they came up (how could I :slaphead:)

I was thinking he'd want to stay FT if he can, though maybe a season or two PT at his home club would give him some time to figure out the way ahead.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Sam Jones released from Shrewsbury, wonder if mcpake would be interested 

I'm sure he'd be here in a Flash 😁

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

17 minutes ago, DFC1974 said:

I'm sure he'd be here in a Flash 😁

You lost me until I realised you were relating to the actor who played Flash Gordon in the 1980's.  I was thinking the superhero Flash's alter ego was Barry Allen.  Doh! 

That daft 'agent' on Twitter has us looking to bring in Dorus de Vries. I know, I know, he's a walloper but just thought I'd mention it.