Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Best Dundee servant since 2014

Cobra

Dundee's best servant since 2014/15  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who has been Dundee's best servant since promotion in 2014?

• Darren O'Dea
    • Paul McGowan
    • Cammy Kerr
    • Craig Wighton
    • Kevin Holt
    • Greg Stewart
    • Scott Bain
    • Gary Harkins
    • James McPake

Who has served the club best since we won promotion in 2014?

I've thinking quality of performances matters and also dedication to the club but you can decide for yourself.

Let me know if other names should be added.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I've gone for McPake. Some really memorable moments on the field, a positive influence at all levels off of it and a real example of what the modern pro-footballer can be., but often isn't. I think he's carried himself with real dignity since arriving at the club and especially since the injury. 

Can't help but think you've put Bain and Stewart in there to be provocative @Cobra - it's all good fun and we're basically in close season mode, so why not? However I will never understand folk having a problem with either. Both played well for us, both were randomly abused by a small section of our support and both moved on for better money and to, in most ways, bigger clubs.

Being honest, the list isn't very inspiring though, is it? Not your fault mate - slim pickings. 

Tough choice, for such a small list....O'Dea & McPake might have been 'no brainer' options, had injury not significantly reduced their playing time, and Gowser is bound to pick up a good few votes.

I settled for Cammy (despite feeling his game went a wee bit backwards in spells), partly for the factors mentioned in Dayster's post above. He's put 100% into everything he's been involved with, and if we had a 'clubman of the year' alongside the POTY, he'd probably have 3 of the last 4 awards. 

He's been honest enough to recognise the areas of his game that need work (debated often on here, after his POTY season), and I think we all know his potential development was 'constrained' a fair bit by appearing to be discouraged from attacking beyond halfway, and played on the 'wrong' side for long spells. 

To his credit, he's finishing this season clearly giving everything, alongside a few who don't appear to be. I hope he's offered a new contract, and signs it, he could be a very influential figure in a 'ground up' rebuild, in a fairly young team under a new management structure.

If JM stays, I think he may decide to move on.

2 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

The unseen work done by Kerr puts him head and shoulders above the rest imo. A real 100%er in multiple areas.

To think a lot on here were raving about Horsefield when Kerr was dumped. Yet another JM blunder.

On 08/05/2019 at 00:12, Cobra said:

Who has served the club best since we won promotion in 2014?

I've thinking quality of performances matters and also dedication to the club but you can decide for yourself.

Let me know if other names should be added.

If we didn't sign Marcus Haber a few year back we would have been relegated 2 years previous to now!

Adblock Detected