Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Way Forward for DFC (note to FPS)

So here, I feel is the strategy we should employ and I guess should have been employing for many years now.

1. Focus on youth (preferably Scottish)

2. Focus on consistency and continuity (even as players are sold)

3. Forget stop gap emergency loan signings at all cost unless it's an emergency

4. Forget foreign journeymen signings

5. Establish a philosophy and style

6. Develop youth signings

7. Expect to sell the best young players

8. Plan to replace players sold with other young talent

9. Realise that some years will be good and some not so (as players are sold)

10. Become one of the premier clubs outside the OF for young players to consider

11. Employ a manager who is able to implement a number of tactical systems and change these during the match

12. Employ a manager who is able to communicate these systems to the players

13. Purchase young players when the need dictates but mainly develop young players through the academy

14. Purchase a few more experienced players to add leadership to the squad or keep some developed players on to provide this.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
29 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

So here, I feel is the strategy we should employ and I guess should have been employing for many years now.

10. Become one of the premier clubs outside the OF for young players to consider

11. Employ a manager who is able to implement a number of tactical systems and change these during the match

13. Purchase young players when the need dictates but mainly develop young players through the academy

14. Purchase a few more experienced players to add leadership to the squad or keep some developed players on to provide this.

Think it's equally important for the supporters to buy into your ideas. I think we have tried to buy success, for very understandable reasons and it hasn't worked. The calculation was that if we had the fifth biggest budget we should be top 6. It hasn't worked and we need to take a breath and get ready for a new journey.

Should be much better fun next season but expecting the same old - buy players, buy success - needs to be forgotten. Hopefully winning games, players putting in a committed shift each game should be much more enjoyable than what we have experienced in the last 2 or3 years.

46 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

You make it sound so simple.

5 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

You make it sound so simple.

It's not rocket science... :)

But I feel this is the way forward for us. We might not be in the SPL all the time but every 5 years or so we will create an exciting young side... 

28 minutes ago, BCram said:

Think it's equally important for the supporters to buy into your ideas. I think we have tried to buy success, for very understandable reasons and it hasn't worked. The calculation was that if we had the fifth biggest budget we should be top 6. It hasn't worked and we need to take a breath and get ready for a new journey.

Should be much better fun next season but expecting the same old - buy players, buy success - needs to be forgotten. Hopefully winning games, players putting in a committed shift each game should be much more enjoyable than what we have experienced in the last 2 or3 years.

Yes agree re the fans. Totally. But am sure the fans would rather have a younger more exciting side every few years rather than buying in loan players and journeymen on the short term? 

We might make some money through sales. Overall the wage budget shouldn't be too high. 

We need a good scouting network to source the best youth. 

11 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

Yes agree re the fans. Totally. But am sure the fans would rather have a younger more exciting side every few years rather than buying in loan players and journeymen on the short term? 

We might make some money through sales. Overall the wage budget shouldn't be too high. 

We need a good scouting network to source the best youth. 

Excellent point. Wonder if anyone knows how we actually do scouting? There was talk that the club bought some web based system but I'm not sure if that is still the case.

regarding the youths maybe its time we started to look more closely at boys who are playing in the DDYFA...we seem to be thinking that out of town youths are better than local lads...there are a lot of cracking young boys playing in Dundee and with better coaching might be able to step up...

15 minutes ago, BCram said:

Excellent point. Wonder if anyone knows how we actually do scouting? There was talk that the club bought some web based system but I'm not sure if that is still the case.

I am sure that it has previously been posted on this forum that previous managers have used a system called either wyscout or wayscout to select potential signings.

1 hour ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Have to admit, I burst out laughing at "Avoid emergency loan signings - unless its an emergency." :lol:

In an ideal world, you're spot on. We're not in an ideal world. Until McIntyre is emptied, nothing else matters. 

Good that you burst out laughing :) I am here to amuse! It's not necessarily in an ideal world. A lot of those points are entirely realistic. 

5 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

I am sure that it has previously been posted on this forum that previous managers have used a system called either wyscout or wayscout to select potential signings.

Not good enough. Needs to be actual physical network contacts and actually viewing players a number of times. 

Edited by eyeothedug

Adblock Detected