Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Kenny Miller

Napper

50 minutes ago, Harold Finch said:

One of the issues with Miller this season has been the poor quality of players around him, we dont have a midfielder capable of playing a pass in front of Miller to create a chance for him, nor do we have midfielders/strikers that read the game well enough to fill the spaces that Miller's movement creates.

Thats true, we'll need to find a young Harkins type player for next season!

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, Harold Finch said:

One of the issues with Miller this season has been the poor quality of players around him, we dont have a midfielder capable of playing a pass in front of Miller to create a chance for him, nor do we have midfielders/strikers that read the game well enough to fill the spaces that Miller's movement creates.

Our shockingly poor midfield under both managers has exposed our defence and created absolutely nothing for our front players. There isn't one of them that I would be worried about losing. Robson is probably a decent player  but he won't be staying anyway. A stronger midfield would have kept us up. McCann weakened it then McIntyre tried to replace it and failed with the signings he brought in.

17 hours ago, Cobra said:

If Nade can help us get promoted (despite arriving with an appalling record and reputation), I'm sure Miller is capable of doing well in that division.

KM's finishing in the 4-0 game v Accies was world class but his age is obviously a concern and his relationship with the manager will be significant as well. He's not been given a run in the team in 2019 so I expect McIntyre will probably have him on the bench next season (if he remains in charge).

World class 😂😂😂😂

• Star Post 1

13 minutes ago, 19seventyone said:

World class 😂😂😂😂

I expected that reaction when I posted the comment but I do think Miller produced a couple of world class efforts on goal against Accies.

El Bak scored a handful of world class goals that Messi and Ronaldo would be proud of. Doesn't make him a world class player though, or even a Premiership class player.

Letheren. Bain and Speroni made saves that were truly breathtaking. Can I not use the phrase "world class" to describe those moments?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

I expected that reaction when I posted the comment but I do think Miller produced a couple of world class efforts on goal against Accies.

El Bak scored a handful of world class goals that Messi and Ronaldo would be proud of. Doesn't make him a world class player though, or even a Premiership class player.

Letheren. Bain and Speroni made saves that were truly breathtaking. Can I not use the phrase "world class" to describe those moments?

No. None of Miller’s goals you mentioned were even close to being world class

All my opinion of course.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 19seventyone said:

No. None of Miller’s goals you mentioned were even close to being world class

All my opinion of course.

Fair enough. I just felt he made his second and third goals look so effortless. Stroking the ball into the net from 30 yards is not easy though. You need to get the timing, accuracy and pace spot on to beat a keeper at this level.

The shot for his second goal doesn't even look worth taking but I think he's used the fact the keeper is partially unsighted by defenders to catch him out. If I see that in the Highland League or La Liga I'm going to call it a world class strike.

Messi does it on a weekly basis. He knows when to strike the ball to deceive the keeper and for me Miller produced a couple of top level efforts that day.

There are players like the Tank who will spend their entire careers shooting from 30 yards and not scoring.

Say what you like about the boy's work rate and attitude but he can score goals!  Some finish today - quick off his marks too - and I'm dee-lighted to be one of the 100-odd people to be able to claim they've seen a 39-year old score for the Dark Blues!!!!!!!!!!  Looking forward to Kenny adding a few more for us in the second tier next season!!!

Edited by kemback1997
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, kemback1997 said:

Say what you like about the boy's work rate and attitude but he can score goals!  Some finish today - quick off his marks too - and I'm dee-lighted to be one of the 100-odd people to be able to claim they've seen a 39-year old score for the Dark Blues!!!!!!!!!!  Looking forward to Kenny adding a few more for us in the second tier next season!!!

KM if he has the appetite for it would be brilliant for the championship, the potential of him forging a partnership with Nelson could be a strike force to saviour in that league, that being said, there is a niggle in my head that he was at loggerheads with JM and his nose was out of joint due to Nelson arriving with the bang that he did,  as said by many we need to clear the midfield, including some who have served us well in seasons past, they have not delivered this year and its time for them to go no room for sentiment. Our work rate in the middle of the park has cost us dear, little or no service going front, and severely lacking in support of the back four. Lost count the amount of goals lost to teams who just went straight through the middle of the park.. Players like Robson who whilst on loan is now out of contract would provide that energy in the middle of the park, the lad came to us carrying an injury, struggled, however he could do a job against 2nd Tier Teams. There are some bones to pick out of the team that should not be discarded, these guys could flourish with the right senior pros alongside. O'Dea's gone, others like Paul McGowan & the General should also be heading towards the door. Would rather we spend decent money on a few seasoned pros and let the youth, that we will still have grow around them.  Changing the whole team will serve no purpose.

JM was cock on when he said we have been fighting relegation for 3 years, Last season we were 15 goals shy of where we needed to be yet McCann bought Defenders and alledged midfielders to supply a P*ss Poor front line, the club allowed nostalgia to win when we fought to bring back McCann !!!!!!!!!, if the manager is to be changed, do we  offer good money to temp the likes of  Tommy Wright ????.     

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cobra said:

Greg Stewart scored some world class goals for us especially the dribble v Ross County, lack of global exposure means it is unknown just like our best ever come back v Koln...better than Spurs and Liverpool this week, give we had 20 mins to do it.

Adblock Detected