Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Favourite Championship/First Division memory

Cobra

No Dee wants relegation but let's be honest... we've had some great times being a second tier team. What's your favourite moment or game while we've played outside the top flight? Can be league or cup.

I loved it when we battered Accies 6-1 at New Douglas Park. This is the only clip from the game

Going a bit further back there's the 4-4 game in the cup v Hearts that we won on pens. Morten's goal was obscene. It almost defies physics.

A 3-1 win at Clydebank in 1990 was memorable for personal reasons. It was the first time I was old enough to travel to a game outside Dundee by myself. Going to a strange town and standing in the terracing with a bunch of folk who follow the team home and away was a new experience. Very different to walking up the Hulltoon to climb the old Derry steps.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Winning promotion at Starks Park in 97/98 was one of my favourite days. 

Also enjoyed the away day at Alloa when Accies blew it and of course Dumbarton at Dens. 

The rest all become a great big fuzz of grey, think that’s more to do with my ageing memory than the lack of excitement. 

Fortunately missed most of those seasons while abroad, though I vaguely recall a couple of midweek 'title-decider' home games with Morton & 15,000 crowds in the late 70's.

The false highs & dreadful low points from Admin2 & the emotions of the Deefiant season will hang around for ever, but the most important bits to me were each time we 'escaped' from the top end. After such a long & troubled decade, promotion in 2014 felt like our club was 'repaired' again, and back up to stay....and our first season up seemed to confirm that.

Having slipped back down, but not as a consequence of another financial disaster, maybe we can get this rebuild right, and be back in 1-2 seasons, for good.

Adblock Detected