The Dark Blues
GregTeamDee

Who do you think will be next?

Rate this topic

Who do you think will be the next manager?   

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be the new manager of Dundee FC?

• Stuart McCall
    • Jim Goodwin
    • David Hopkin
    • Morten Wieghorst
    • Kenny Miller
    • James McPake
    • Ian McCall
    • Alan Archibald
    • George Burley
    • Alan Stubbs
    • other (tell us!)

I assume its who we think will be the next manager as opposed to who we'd like it to be ????

5 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Who do you think will be the next manager? 

I for one would not want Kenny Miller, that is another McCann disaster waiting to happen, you could add Tommy Wright, John Robertson, Derek Adams to the list, Stuart McCall might not be a bad call.

• Like 1

I think Goodwin is probably the most likely.

It sounds like he really wants an opportunity like us and the timing is right for both parties. 

• Like 3

Wether I want it or not, for financial reasons I think it will be Miller and McPake as his assistant.

It'll be Miller and in 6 months time we'll be wishing we hadn't sacked JM.

• Funny 3

Given Nelm's previous decision making I fear he might just go for another easy / cheap option.

He gets this one wrong and we might as well just all give up because it'll show beyond any doubt (if any remains) that he just doesn't learn.

3 minutes ago, 8utters said:

It'll be Miller and in 6 months time we'll be wishing we hadn't sacked JM.

Can see us being a very fit squad if nothing else.

• Sad 1

Just now, Prince Buster said:

Given Nelm's previous decision making I fear he might just go for another easy / cheap option.

He gets this one wrong and we might as well just all give up because it'll show beyond any doubt (if any remains) that he just doesn't learn.

I'm sure the algorithims can be tweaked to suggest anyone is the perfect candidate for the job. 

Like the sound of Hopkin and McCall. Not together obviously. 

Someone tell Nelms about Adams please and I dislike Tommy Wright. 

3 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I'm sure the algorithims can be tweaked to suggest anyone is the perfect candidate for the job. 

I'm beyond 100% certain they will be.

1 minute ago, blueboy said:

Like the sound of Hopkin and McCall. Not together obviously. 

Someone tell Nelms about Adams please and I dislike Tommy Wright. 

I'll possibly renew my season ticket if the right appointment is made, if not I'll be picking and choosing my games and paying at the gate next season.

Having said the above, if Derek Adams is appointed as our next manager, or if he is ever appointed to any position within our club, I will not set foot inside Dens until he's gone. Not only would it show an incredible lack of imagination and ambition he's a horrible little chunt whose face you just couldn't stop stamping on.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

It would not surprise me if we end up with a completely 'off the wall' appointment, but from the poll list....

• I'd rule out Weighorst, Burley & Stubbs on financial grounds.
  • Stuart McCall, Alan Archibald and Ian McCall, probably each could be said to be closest to JN's 'criteria' statement.
  • Miller & McPake would be an interesting, but totally experimental, option, and I'm not sure TK/JN would risk that.
  • Goodwin is in a similar situation as Hartley was when we hired him, so despite 'the criteria', he may well appeal to TK/JN, though I'd be hoping they've talked to some experienced 'DoF types' (like Archie/Craig) before taking that step.
  • Hopkin is an interesting option....great job taking Livi up twice, but then left in 'mysterious circumstances', and took on what appeared to be a bad choice of next job.

The other names, like Adams, Yogi, Reid, would probably be divisive.

I've voted for Hopkin, and would have Goodwin, followed by either McCall, as next in line. 

From the list I’d like Stuart McCall or Hopkin, but I think we will end up with Kenny Miller as it’s the cheap option and that will play a part given we’re probably still paying out for McCann and McIntyre.

27 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I assume its who we think will be the next manager as opposed to who we'd like it to be ????

That is what I assumed when I voted Kenny Miller. Hearing he had just bought a house in Carnoustie  sounds to me that he sees himself being here for a while yet.

• Like 1

After the amount we have spent paying off crap managers and buying out the contracts of their awful squads, I'd really like to see us push the boat out a bit more by investing in a higher calibre manager who is experienced and gas decent connections which could mean less spent on players in the long run. 

No idea who meets the high calibre manager criteria though!!

Maybe it is time to start looking south if the border or overseas? Or do we continue with the Scottish management merry-go-round or the new & untried gambles?

I suspect we will stick to basics and will be underwhelmed by the appointment of Kenny Miller or Jim Duffy mk3

Changed days that McCall is now being considered as an option, I mind a few years back when there was uproar that he might be considered (think it was when we ended up with Chisholm).

Goodwin  was a tough  geezer on the park. Could do with his type of steel  about the place. 

• Like 2

hopkins for me. But i do hope they advertise it, could be a complete surprise name that pops up. But no more inexperienced rookie manager. got to get this one right. no need to rush into it now. 

Just now, dee1893 said:

hopkins for me. But i do hope they advertise it, could be a complete surprise name that pops up. But no more inexperienced rookie manager. got to get this one right. no need to rush into it now. 

I'm a right contrary bu**er today but I hope they have someone in mind sharpish. We're not far away from 'contract season' and I would prefer if we had someone in place to start the rebuild rather than be behind the curve. That's not to say I want 'anybody' I just hope FPS have been doing their homework.

• Like 2

Jim Goodwin

Almost as important as the manager, we really need a good assistant to work with him....a lot are hired as an established 'team' now, but some of the list above maybe don't have that, at the moment or in their last job.

19 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

It would not surprise me if we end up with a completely 'off the wall' appointment, but from the poll list....

• I'd rule out Weighorst, Burley & Stubbs on financial grounds.
  • Stuart McCall, Alan Archibald and Ian McCall, probably each could be said to be closest to JN's 'criteria' statement.
  • Miller & McPake would be an interesting, but totally experimental, option, and I'm not sure TK/JN would risk that.
  • Goodwin is in a similar situation as Hartley was when we hired him, so despite 'the criteria', he may well appeal to TK/JN, though I'd be hoping they've talked to some experienced 'DoF types' (like Archie/Craig) before taking that step.
  • Hopkin is an interesting option....great job taking Livi up twice, but then left in 'mysterious circumstances', and took on what appeared to be a bad choice of next job.

The other names, like Adams, Yogi, Reid, would probably be divisive.

I've voted for Hopkin, and would have Goodwin, followed by either McCall, as next in line. 

Hopkin left Livi because his family are down south and live around Bradford where he got the job.

I think Burley would maybe be a bit cheaper tbh, not worked in a while and I don't think that was through choice.