Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Who do you think will be next?

Who do you think will be the next manager?   

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be the new manager of Dundee FC?

If we appoint the Great Dane it will be at least partly because he was a quality player for Dundee, same as McCann, so I don't think it's a good idea.

Unfortunately, being a brilliant footballer does not make you a good manager. Henrik Larsson, Thierry Henry, Gianfranco Zola. The list is endless.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
25 minutes ago, dblair said:

I see Temuri Ketsbia has been added to bookies list now at 10/1. I’m guessing names are added as it’s made apparent they have applied 

I think bookies just react to betting patterns. Somebody has maybe seen Temuri at say 60/1 put £100 on him, bookies bottle it and react accordingly and bring the odds right in.

7 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

I think bookies just react to betting patterns. Somebody has maybe seen Temuri at say 60/1 put £100 on him, bookies bottle it and react accordingly and bring the odds right in.

Yeah I know that’s how they work bud, just hadn’t seen him on the list at all before today 

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

If we appoint the Great Dane it will be at least partly because he was a quality player for Dundee, same as McCann, so I don't think it's a good idea.

Unfortunately, being a brilliant footballer does not make you a good manager. Henrik Larsson, Thierry Henry, Gianfranco Zola. The list is endless.

You can't equate McCann's short stint helping out at Dunfermline with Weighorst's 14 years in manager and assistant manager positions including at international level and in the Premier League.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/morten-wieghorst/profil/trainer/3997#

3 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

You can't equate McCann's short stint helping out at Dunfermline with Weighorst's 14 years in manager and assistant manager positions including at international level and in the Premier League.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/morten-wieghorst/profil/trainer/3997#

I've not followed Weighorst's coaching career. He might well be a great coach and it's possible he could be an inspired appointment, but why would we be after him? It's for partly sentimental reasons because we love our Dee heroes, but FPS have already played that card with McCann and it went horribly wrong.

We want someone like Hartley in 2014. A guy with no links to Dundee who is making a name for himself in the game as a talented up-and-coming coach. That's my view anyway.

17 hours ago, Iain T Campbell said:

All of what you are saying there happened before Adams became a Christian. That does not mean that he is perfect today and does not lose his temper. Christians have flaws like everybody else. Adams is what one calls a born-again Christian which means that at a certain point in his life he became what he had not been before.

Stepping aside from the more serious aspects of your discussion, I couldn't help but laugh out loud, when I think about that bit I highlighted, in isolation, re Adams, and the incidents that spring to mind when he's mentioned...they were very definitely nothing to do with his religious transition.

(Apologies for 'stealing' that bit & using it totally out of context.)

3 hours ago, Cobra said:

I've not followed Weighorst's coaching career. He might well be a great coach and it's possible he could be an inspired appointment, but why would we be after him? It's for partly sentimental reasons because we love our Dee heroes, but FPS have already played that card with McCann and it went horribly wrong.

We want someone like Hartley in 2014. A guy with no links to Dundee who is making a name for himself in the game as a talented up-and-coming coach. That's my view anyway.

I think you're over-emphasising the 'Dee legend' aspect of Weighorst, Cobra....other than his 2 years at Dens, was one of those talented up-and-coming coaches, but has added some very good managerial experience too, at clubs & in a league that's a reasonable 'parallel' to here.

He's done all the stuff McCann talked of doing, and done it fairly well.

It's worth having a look at his wiki page as a good precis of his 14 years since he stopped playing, and some of the links from there. I was usually aware of how his career was going, via the Nordic sports channels/papers while I worked in Norway. 

His 6 years at Nordsjaelland began as coach/assistant, then as manager & led to their appearances in the Europa League, highest league finish, and their first ever cup, and repeated it the following year. He managed their U-21 side for a couple of years, before being invited to work with Michael Laudrup at Swansea. After that, he went back to manage Aarhus (a Dundee-esque yo-yo club) & get them promoted, then to Aalborg for a couple of years.

However, I don't think he's likely to apply....I think Alan Patullo was trying to convince him, though. :)  

4 hours ago, Cobra said:

Fook that nonsense get Dusan and the Pole in.😂

5 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Also makes him a gullible halfwit that believes in fairy stories (my opinion).

I used to think Christians were idiots but Jesus actually had a great mind like the Buddha. If you don't take things too literally I think there's a lot of good teachings in the bible.

Adblock Detected