Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Next Season

Attilio

What do folks consider an acceptable finish for the club next season, regardless of who the new management team is?

Say we finish 4th but get beat in the play offs, finish in the last 8 of both cups and win around 10 out of 18 home league games.  Is that an acceptable finish for a 1st season back in Championship?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
34 minutes ago, Attilio said:

What do folks consider an acceptable finish for the club next season, regardless of who the new management team is?

Say we finish 4th but get beat in the play offs, finish in the last 8 of both cups and win around 10 out of 18 home league games.  Is that an acceptable finish for a 1st season back in Championship?

I think that'll depend on how that comes about. If we put together a squad that has a lot of potential, plays entertaining football, scores a few goals, wins some home games and clearly looks capable of having a stronger tilt at the title the next season then yes, I'd accept that, although it wouldn't be ideal.

I've no doubt that for many, though, anything less than promotion and for some, the title, will be acceptable. 

5 minutes ago, barkblue said:

I think that'll depend on how that comes about. If we put together a squad that has a lot of potential, plays entertaining football, scores a few goals, wins some home games and clearly looks capable of having a stronger tilt at the title the next season then yes, I'd accept that, although it wouldn't be ideal.

I've no doubt that for many, though, anything less than promotion and for some, the title, will be acceptable. 

All of the first part is fair enough and more or less where I am coming from myself.  Like you say I've no doubt that there are a good number that will view my scenario as a failure and probably worthy of another sacking and change of regime. Expectations.

3 minutes ago, gblue said:

I want to win the league first time, but not very confident 

We all want to win the league first off G but in the event we don't and we finish 4th ete etc as in my scenario.  Is there a possibility we should be looking for a new manager?

Win the league by Christmas and lift the Scottish Cup after waiting 110 years 😎...... Seriously though if we can make the playoffs then that would be considered reasonable success... there's a lot of battle hardened clubs in that league that know how to scrap while we're away to build a new team from scratch , it's going to be tough 

15 minutes ago, Attilio said:

We all want to win the league first off G but in the event we don't and we finish 4th ete etc as in my scenario.  Is there a possibility we should be looking for a new manager?

If we're, say, 25 points off top and maybe 8 points from 9th, then yes, but if as I described above then I'd certainly hope not. 

If there are clear signs of progress then the constant change needs to stop. I hoped we'd still have Hartley at this stage and then more recently I'd hoped that McIntyre would have at least shown enough, even if in relegation, to hint that he might be the answer, but it wasn't to be unfortunately. 

15 minutes ago, Wackyjim said:

Win the league by Christmas and lift the Scottish Cup after waiting 110 years 😎...... Seriously though if we can make the playoffs then that would be considered reasonable success... there's a lot of battle hardened clubs in that league that know how to scrap while we're away to build a new team from scratch , it's going to be tough 

If we're not top  4 I'd call that a poor season next year. Unless of course we're playing a bunch of 15 year olds like some have suggested, then I'd call it a massive success.

40 minutes ago, Attilio said:

That’s the problem with us Dundee fans we do want instant success, we do think it’s our right I think we have to get a man in that can build a team that can get us promoted within 2 seasons 

who that man is I don’t know 

Right now I’d settle for making the play offs considering the huge upheaval our playing squad and management are about to go through. However come this time next year if we finish 4th I’ll no be a happy bunny probably 😆

Adblock Detected