The Dark Blues
UWTB1893

News:Kenny Miller Early Favourite With The Bookies To Take Over At Dens

Rate this topic

Unfortunatley this would not surprise me at all Miller getting the job , dont have any trust in owners after the JM appointment

• Like 1

I don't mind who takes over as long as they do well... but Miller would be an enormous gamble.. can the club afford to take such a risk? I'd say they have to appoint someone with a bit of a decent record.. Jim Goodwin? or even Dick Campbell would be a better option imho..If they did appoint Miller, surely they would have to hire an experienced assistant/ mentor?

Edited by Napper
  • Like 1

Whats the deal with Goodwin? He kept a part time team up by skin of teeth and thats all he has on his cv.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

I really don’t know just glad it’s not my decision 

30 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Whats the deal with Goodwin? He kept a part time team up by skin of teeth and thats all he has on his cv.

Agree with that. The guy's done a good job but it's hardly been world changing stuff. 

Another guy being bigged up by his pals in the media. 

• Like 1

FPS don’t let much if anything leak out the club, they appear to not take advice on any appointments either given the last two managers.

Goodwin appears to have done a fine job at Alloa, young and presumably ambitious, Derek Adams has to be another candidate, knows the game up here and the setup, would he still have the desire after being in the game a good few years? Kenny Miller is a no for me, like PH was he’s obsessed with the old firm and that’s what he sets as a standard, although every other team in Scotland can’t reach those standards due to the gulf in income. 

Nelms has spewed some nonsense  recently regarding managers and criteria and what the club looks for....... he’s made a bit of a bed for himself!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigG said:

Derek Adams has to be another candidate, knows the game up here and the setup, would he still have the desire after being in the game a good few years?.

He's only been managing for around 11-12yrs.

Miller still has a good year as player left, at our level, so he should focus on that.

Goodwin is too much of a gamble, we need a guy who's been through the mill and who's not afraid to throw in young players. Please no more teams full of loanees and journeymen, clones.

2 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

He's only been managing for around 11-12yrs.

Yes does not seem long but would he want to start at the bottom again? Dundee’s rebuild in the summer will be huge, not many signed players, in the championship, budget will be slashed yet expectation will be to win the league, discontent amongst the fans and owners, you won’t be given long if the results don’t go your way, after failure at Dens the managers are generally on the scrap heap. His 12 years in management will make him aware of this.

Much as I like Kenny Miller I think that having him could have a disastrous effect on the club unless they also appoint an experienced assistant to work alongside him not some rookie. Out of interest who was his assistant when he was manager at Livingston ?

24 minutes ago, Neil Cameron said:

Much as I like Kenny Miller I think that having him could have a disastrous effect on the club unless they also appoint an experienced assistant to work alongside him not some rookie. Out of interest who was his assistant when he was manager at Livingston ?

David Martindale.

1 hour ago, BigG said:

Yes does not seem long but would he want to start at the bottom again? Dundee’s rebuild in the summer will be huge, not many signed players, in the championship, budget will be slashed yet expectation will be to win the league, discontent amongst the fans and owners, you won’t be given long if the results don’t go your way, after failure at Dens the managers are generally on the scrap heap. His 12 years in management will make him aware of this.

Adams has roughly the same (maybe slightly less) managerial experience than Jim McIntyre and is 3yrs younger. He's just managed the team that's 65th in English football. Dundee's a tough gig but if he wants to earn a wage I fail to see how the team currently in 12th place in Scotland will be the backwards step you seem to be implying. Managing Dundee after managing Plymouth is hardly starting again at the bottom.

Miller couldn't give two f*cks about Dundee, get him to f*ck

4 hours ago, eyeothedug said:

No, definitely not. We need someone with experience and experience of developing youth players.

Perhaps we could tempt frank de boer back to Scotland and see if I can bring Marc Overmars to be dof 

• Wowzer 1

De Boer is a rich man's McCann. Palace were forced to sack him because he was forcing mediocre players to try and play like Barcelona and other teams were taking advantage on a weekly basis.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cobra said:

De Boer is a rich man's McCann. Palace were forced to sack him because he was forcing mediocre players to try and play like Barcelona and other teams were taking advantage on a weekly basis.

Did they not employ him to change the philosophy/style of play at the club then they realised after a few games that he didn’t have the personnel available to him to implement that style and it would take a lot longer than they thought so they panicked and sacked him.