Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Team v St Mirren

EuanG

Now I have no idea who will be leading us into our final game of the season but what about putting out a team of players that will be contracted to us next season. No players on loan or about to leave or retire, just players signed for next year to see where we are. Would we even have a team available?  Can’t see the point in playing those who won’t be with us next year in a nothing game in front of what I will be surprised in there are more than 2500 home fans in attendance. 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
5 minutes ago, EuanG said:

Now I have no idea who will be leading us into our final game of the season but what about putting out a team of players that will be contracted to us next season. No players on loan or about to leave or retire, just players signed for next year to see where we are. Would we even have a team available?  Can’t see the point in playing those who won’t be with us next year in a nothing game in front of what I will be surprised in there are more than 2500 home fans in attendance. 

Agreed with this but don't think we have 11 under contract for nxt season 

As an alternative, would there be a bigger crowd if all our favourites were given a game and we could give them our best wishes and grateful thanks for the hours of pleasure they have given us at Dens. Cheerio Cheerio Cheerio would never have sounded so cheerful!

9 minutes ago, EuanG said:

Regardless of whether we select contracted players or loanees we'll be nowhere near the team that starts next season. We'd likely only be picking kids just to give them a bit of experience. I'd rather we put out a strong side and at least attempt to win but also give a couple of kids a run out at some stage too. Moore and Anderson would probably be most likely.

4 hours ago, EuanG said:

Now I have no idea who will be leading us into our final game of the season

Club Statement:-

The club can confirm that James McPake will take control of first team affairs this week.

James will take the team for training and will oversee the final Ladbrokes Premiership match of the season against St. Mirren at the Kilmac Stadium at Dens Park on Saturday.

Edited by Dondeh

Just watched McPake's pre-match interview, some very interesting observations, and definitely a positive impression of the squad's mood. It didn't appear to be with the press, just a chat about his week & what he's been doing with the squad, there were no questions....that's usually done on Thursday, might be something online (DeeTV) tomorrow.

Talked a bit about how the experienced guys, O'Dea, Meekings, both McGowans, Kerr & Hamilton, have been great with him...sounds like there's a good spirit despite the situation, and a determination to go out with a win. Nothing to lose, technically, but reputation to be gained.

Adblock Detected