The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

Now I have no idea who will be leading us into our final game of the season but what about putting out a team of players that will be contracted to us next season. No players on loan or about to leave or retire, just players signed for next year to see where we are. Would we even have a team available?  Can’t see the point in playing those who won’t be with us next year in a nothing game in front of what I will be surprised in there are more than 2500 home fans in attendance. 

5 minutes ago, EuanG said:

Now I have no idea who will be leading us into our final game of the season but what about putting out a team of players that will be contracted to us next season. No players on loan or about to leave or retire, just players signed for next year to see where we are. Would we even have a team available?  Can’t see the point in playing those who won’t be with us next year in a nothing game in front of what I will be surprised in there are more than 2500 home fans in attendance. 

Agreed with this but don't think we have 11 under contract for nxt season 

As an alternative, would there be a bigger crowd if all our favourites were given a game and we could give them our best wishes and grateful thanks for the hours of pleasure they have given us at Dens. Cheerio Cheerio Cheerio would never have sounded so cheerful!

9 minutes ago, EuanG said:

Regardless of whether we select contracted players or loanees we'll be nowhere near the team that starts next season. We'd likely only be picking kids just to give them a bit of experience. I'd rather we put out a strong side and at least attempt to win but also give a couple of kids a run out at some stage too. Moore and Anderson would probably be most likely.

We need to play our strongest 11 as if tonight's result goes st mirrens way we can decide on who finishes 11th and if I was in Hamiltons shoes and saw us putting out a weak team I'd be mighty pissed off. And no doubt we'd get fined. 

• Like 4
  • Star Post 1

bulls**t,lets get hammered 10-2,if thats what it takes to get the tinkies in a play off😉

• Funny 3
  • Star Post 2

2 hours ago, GSD said:

bulls**t,lets get hammered 10-2,if thats what it takes to get the tinkies in a play off😉

FFS mate.............. there's nae danger we're gonna score two. 😂

• Funny 6

4 hours ago, EuanG said:

Now I have no idea who will be leading us into our final game of the season

Club Statement:-

The club can confirm that James McPake will take control of first team affairs this week.

James will take the team for training and will oversee the final Ladbrokes Premiership match of the season against St. Mirren at the Kilmac Stadium at Dens Park on Saturday.

Edited by Dondeh

Hope we beat St Mirren and send them to the play-off. They look a better team than Hamilton right now and we want the best team playing against ICT or the Arabs don’t we?

• Like 1

Just watched the St Mirren v. Acceees  2-0 and if we're not careful we will get a right doing on Saturday.😩

Just watched McPake's pre-match interview, some very interesting observations, and definitely a positive impression of the squad's mood. It didn't appear to be with the press, just a chat about his week & what he's been doing with the squad, there were no questions....that's usually done on Thursday, might be something online (DeeTV) tomorrow.

Talked a bit about how the experienced guys, O'Dea, Meekings, both McGowans, Kerr & Hamilton, have been great with him...sounds like there's a good spirit despite the situation, and a determination to go out with a win. Nothing to lose, technically, but reputation to be gained.

• Like 2

Mirren  have sold over 2,000 tickets so far.

14 minutes ago, steve61 said:

Mirren  have sold over 2,000 tickets so far.

We could be outnumbered, then? ;)  

Despite being down already, and it's live on BT, hopefully we'll see a reasonable home support for McPake's debut, and farewell to the loanees. Pity the weather's looking like changing to grey & rainy.

Myself and a few of my squad can't make it for various reasons but hopefully the lads put on a good showing. I'd like to see one or 2 of the young lads be involved. 

There's no point in any of the loan guys playing unless need be. Maybe fisher and Moore could start in place of McGowan and Robson and have Robertson, Mulligan, Anderson and Cameron on the bench? 

Hamilton

Fisher, kusunga, O'Dea

Jesse gowser kerr Moore Ralph

Nelson miller

Dieng, McGowan, Robertson, Mulligan, Anderson, Cameron, curran.

• Like 2

Sounds like Saints might almost fill the shankly which is fantastic. 

Great for our finances too.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

It would be good to send them home having to look forward to a play off against either ICT or the DABS

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wattie Rojas said:

If list of enquiries (potential applicants for the vacant DFC manager) continues to grow at its present list Wattie, they'll need to leave a stand for them :)

The use of the word inundated suggest to me, the list must be now nearly 2,000 !!

And the final short-list will be around 200. One way of increasing attendance:chaplin:

• Like 1

1 draw and 2 losses so far this season. 

Can we manage to get a rare point (at home?).

Edited by Dondeh

12 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Myself and a few of my squad can't make it for various reasons but hopefully the lads put on a good showing. I'd like to see one or 2 of the young lads be involved. 

There's no point in any of the loan guys playing unless need be. Maybe fisher and Moore could start in place of McGowan and Robson and have Robertson, Mulligan, Anderson and Cameron on the bench? 

Hamilton

Fisher, kusunga, O'Dea

Jesse gowser kerr Moore Ralph

Nelson miller

Dieng, McGowan, Robertson, Mulligan, Anderson, Cameron, curran.

What about young Michael Cunningham mate?. Something a wee bit different from what we have at first team level and it might give him a wee bit of encouragement to stay here amidst interest from other clubs.

3 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

What about young Michael Cunningham mate?. Something a wee bit different from what we have at first team level and it might give him a wee bit of encouragement to stay here amidst interest from other clubs.

I'm all for dropping Craig Curran mate so sounds good.

• Like 1

There were 4 young lads training with the first team this week. From the pictures it looked like Anderson, Cameron, Robertson and presumably Mulligan.

Really no point in playing all the loan players. At least if we win with current contracted players plus young lads it gives us small optimism going into next season. Certainly won't be a drab end of season affair with St Mirren everything to play for so will give them a proper taste of first team football and an idea if they can handle it physically.

Mcpake will have these young lads in because he thinks they are good enough ability wise

3 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

There were 4 young lads training with the first team this week. From the pictures it looked like Anderson, Cameron, Robertson and presumably Mulligan.

Hard to say, Wattie, when we've only got 5 outfield U-18 photos on the club site....Moore, Anderson, Rice....and 2 of the departed, Henvey & Lambert.

I'd expect the lads who made the Scottish squad to at least be on the bench...is that the last 3 you mentioned?

I'm sorry guys but as much as I advocate giving youngsters a chance and loanees should be on the bench where possible I think McPake should pick what he thinks is the strongest team. hopefully to go into next season on a high.

27 minutes ago, travellingdee said:

I'm sorry guys but as much as I advocate giving youngsters a chance and loanees should be on the bench where possible I think McPake should pick what he thinks is the strongest team. hopefully to go into next season on a high.

Agree

How is that possible from 1 game against a fellow relegation candidate?

Edited by Dondeh