Jump to content
The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
EuanG

Team v St Mirren

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Cobra said:

It's over and I'm delighted.

I'm so excited about next season because I've totally lost enthusiasm for this season since about March. New manager, new players, the fixture list coming out, a trip to Gayfield. Cant wait.

Totally agree. The loss today was disappointing but entirely consistent with the performances this season.

Not going to post about this season again. It's over. Focus on getting new manager and team. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 v 11 we win that game easily....silly sending off from odea(just header it)but was not the best ball played to him....even doon to 10 we still looked capable until Hamilton decided to show us how sh*t he is....1st and 3rd goals are horrendous especially the 3rd with us just equalising....was pleased in the 1st half the way they were throwing themselves into blocks etc ….the young laddie can be very pleased with his debut.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could argue we could've played the young keeper who just signed a new contract today, (unless he is still technically on loan) however in playing Hamilton it reinforces the fact that he'll never be good enough. No excuse for terminating his contract now

Edited by McSkimmeroo
He might still be on loan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, blueboy said:

Hamilton has to be freed. Made some good saves but surely only to blame for last one? Cooke had a free header for first one thanks to Cammy. 

I think there is an argument that he should have done better with them all. 

Chris Sutton summed it up nicely talking about Hamilton beating St J...“Hamilton have done what’s asked of them, unlike Dundee’s Hamilton”

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank God it is over.  Best forgotten now.  Not one player I would be devastated to lose. The new manager is the key appointment . As for the Arabs, hope they don't  win the playoff but just wouldn't bother me like it used to.  Its been a bad three years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, charliedee said:

11 v 11 we win that game easily....silly sending off from odea(just header it)but was not the best ball played to him....even doon to 10 we still looked capable until Hamilton decided to show us how sh*t he is....1st and 3rd goals are horrendous especially the 3rd with us just equalising....was pleased in the 1st half the way they were throwing themselves into blocks etc ….the young laddie can be very pleased with his debut.

I'd argue first and third were OGs by Hamilton.

Wouldn't really but you know what I'm saying.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Attilio said:

Imagine if we knew what really went on around that time.

Whatever did or did t happen it’s been a total bollocks of a season driven multiple bad decisions. Kamara wouldn’t have changed the outcome whatever the truth is. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise that Hamilton had a horror show. It might make the club realise we need to cut our losses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Valentke said:

Whatever did or did t happen it’s been a total bollocks of a season driven multiple bad decisions. Kamara wouldn’t have changed the outcome whatever the truth is. 

Don't think you can say that last part with any confidence. We've won 1 of our last 21 home games and that victory was sparked by a moment of magic from Kamara.

If it was possible to get the Finn motivated to be a Dundee player for the second half of the season I'm sure it would have helped us put points on the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing I am worried about is who would want to be manager of our team boy will they have a job on their hands😩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise that Hamilton had a horror show. It might make the club realise we need to cut our losses.

Unbelievably, Hamilton has another 2 years on his contract to run. I don’t think we should take the financial hit to pay off his contract though, I think he’ll make a reasonable number 13 on the bench for the next couple of years. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DFC1974 said:

Unbelievably, Hamilton has another 2 years on his contract to run. I don’t think we should take the financial hit to pay off his contract though, I think he’ll make a reasonable number 13 on the bench for the next couple of years. 

Mutual deal then. We can't afford that in goal. Sick of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DFC1974 said:

Unbelievably, Hamilton has another 2 years on his contract to run. I don’t think we should take the financial hit to pay off his contract though, I think he’ll make a reasonable number 13 on the bench for the next couple of years. 

I remember Weighorst absolutely ripped him to shreds and I thought he was being OTT but as it turns out it was possibly McCann's worst decision. To sign a mediocre GK on a long contract and make him No.1 was a travesty. If you're going to replace a reliable guy like Parish you've got to find a keeper that is clear step up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, gblue said:

The thing I am worried about is who would want to be manager of our team boy will they have a job on their hands😩

I've said it before but it's a great opportunity for the next manager... with so few of the current lot under contract for next season,  he will basically have free range to bring in a new squad... won't be lumbered with many that he doesn't rate... hopefully the new guy will target a new keeper and either bin Hamilton or send him out on loan.. because, on today's, and previous, showings, Hamilton is just not good enough... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I remember Weighorst absolutely ripped him to shreds and I thought he was being OTT but as it turns out it was possibly McCann's worst decision. To sign a mediocre GK on a long contract and make him No.1 was a travesty. If you're going to replace a reliable guy like Parish you've got to find a keeper that is clear step up.

He’s not even mediocre mate. Dieng and Parrish are mediocre, Hamilton is just terrible. Luckily for him his performance today will drop off the radar a bit as it was a nothing game. He actually reminds me of Schenk in the sense that I have no confidence in his ability to deal with any kind of shot at all. 

  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking the result aside, it was enjoyable to watch Robertson today and I did think we at least gave a good fight with Cammy trying to go back to 2016, when he would overlap and try to get forward himself.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was like watching a McCann side, a good start, plenty possession in our own half, a couple of poor decisions then we are made to pay. The ball to O'Dea put him under pressure, his first touch did the rest. Playing an hour against a team fighting for survival was always going to be tough. That's the lack of concentration and decision making that's cost us all season

Jack Hamilton finished a nightmare season in the same way he started it.........with a f*ck up against St Mirren

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only Miller, Ralph, Gowser, Cammy, Kasunga and Robertson get pass marks, O’Dea’s retirement is coming at the right time.

Hamilton, Nelson, Robson and Curran in particular were very poor, Curran comes off the bench and instead of getting stuck in, he looks like he would rather be somewhere else.

Lack of teamwork has been stark this season, St Mirren were a far better organised team.

The club has massive problems, hopefully there is somebody out there that can fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

We desperately need a goalkeeper for next season. Hamilton certainly isn't one that's for sure.

Said when we signed him, that he was totally sh**e, plus couldn't understand the length of his contract and being one of the Top earners at Dens, but McCan't thought this guy, with his sh*t record of being called FlapJack, by the Hearts players, was pure brilliant and and had to be signed, rest is History.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Harold Finch said:

That was like watching a McCann side, a good start, plenty possession in our own half, a couple of poor decisions then we are made to pay. The ball to O'Dea put him under pressure, his first touch did the rest. Playing an hour against a team fighting for survival was always going to be tough. That's the lack of concentration and decision making that's cost us all season

Jack Hamilton finished a nightmare season in the same way he started it.........with a f*ck up against St Mirren

Thought that as well about the pass. Young lad did really well but the floated pass was the wrong decision. He did the same earlier to Ralph earlier on and someone should have told him to pass along the deck. A pass like that leaves no room for error. We never seem to learn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Robson had a good game and his pass to Wright was a beauty only for Hamilton to gift them a third. The season is over thankfully, but I thought we played well today even after the sending-off and we scored two great goals. It has been the first time in a long while where you felt the players were clear in what was being asked of them. The young guy had a great game and I am like most of us excited about a new manager. Whoever it will be it will be a fresh start and he needs to recruit well. What we saw today was fight from the players and I think that speaks volumes about what went on before. Cammy epitomised it all. We are down but not out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JackHam has got to go, and pronto like. Him and CCurran still with 2 yrs left on their deals, shall I laugh or greet.

These two have to got to be moved on, perhaps telling them they just won't play will maybe get them willing to move on. 

Scott Fox and County parted ways because he wants to come down from the Highlands, worth sounding him out?? Apparently County really tried hard to re-sign him, but to no avail. 

Edited by Stampguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.