The Dark Blues
Dee_Dee

Inundated With Applications

Rate this topic

“The club have been inundated with applications for the vacant manager position since yesterday’s announcement.

To apply, please send a full CV together with an accompanying letter to Eric Drysdale, Club Secretary, Dundee FC, Kilmac Stadium at Dens Park, Sandeman Street, Dundee DD3 7JY or email”

from official.

At least they will see who is out there and available this time

Dare I mention this is a duplicat* threa* 

And maybe even requires a Klaxo*

😀

😀 aye didn’t bother reading before I posted

Inundated by a bunch of dafties who can say they've applied for the job. :lol:

I've a mate who does it every time Dunfermline are looking for a new manager. Takes great delight in telling them how good he does at the Football Manager game although in his case he's just being a wide-oh, would keech himself if they offered him it. :lol2:

1 minute ago, chomp my root said:

Inundated by a bunch of dafties who can say they've applied for the job. :lol:

I've a mate who does it every time Dunfermline are looking for a new manager. Takes great delight in telling them how good he does at the Football Manager game although in his case he's just being a wide-oh, would keech himself if they offered him it. :lol2:

Is it Jim McIntyre?

• Funny 7

I hope Islay sends in his CV 

• Wowzer 1

1 hour ago, Dondeh said:

😀

Can you use the report button to let us know that there are duplicate topics, this would help us a lot more :)

12 hours ago, Dondeh said:

😀

Think Dee_Dee’s handle requires a Klaxo, he seems to write everything twice!

11 hours ago, bjs said:

Wouldn’t fit through the letter box. 

• Funny 1
  • Like 1

On 13/05/2019 at 20:00, bjs said:

Hi bjs.

I do not have the qualifications to be a football manager. 

20 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi bjs.

That’s not stopped the club before, so fill your boots 

• Funny 2
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, bjs said:

That’s not stopped the club before, so fill your boots 

I would rather give golf lessons than be a football manager. 

On 14/05/2019 at 23:46, islaydarkblue said:

Hi bjs.

It’s hardly rocket science according to EOTD. 

He should take the team on Saturday to show us how easy it is 

I recently read that people required coaching badges before they could apply for coaching and manager’s jobs. 

Sadly nowadays experience counts for nothing. 

18 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

I recently read that people required coaching badges before they could apply for coaching and manager’s jobs. 

Sadly nowadays experience counts for nothing. 

If I’m right, it’s a requirement to hold a UEFA Pro Licence to manage a top division club.

As an aside, our neighbours are looking or UEFA B Licence holders to join their academy set up.

20 minutes ago, SM1893 said:

If I’m right, it’s a requirement to hold a UEFA Pro Licence to manage a top division club.

As an aside, our neighbours are looking or UEFA B Licence holders to join their academy set up.

That effectively rules out myself and nearly every other football fan. 

I am surprised that no one has posted about John Nelms comment that the new Dundee manager should have been a manager of a football club for ten years. 

This criteria would have have prevented Jock Stein being appointed manager of Dunfermline FC in 1960 and Bill Shankly when he was appointed manager at Carlisle United. 

Even Bob Shankly would not have met John Nelms’s criteria of being a football manager for ten years as Bob Shankly had only been a football manager for nine years when he was appointed manager of Dundee Football Club in 1959.

6 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

That effectively rules out myself and nearly every other football fan. 

I am surprised that no one has posted about John Nelms comment that the new Dundee manager should have been a manager of a football club for ten years. 

This criteria would have have prevented Jock Stein being appointed manager of Dunfermline FC in 1960 and Bill Shankly when he was appointed manager at Carlisle United. 

Even Bob Shankly would not have met John Nelms’s criteria of being a football manager for ten years as Bob Shankly had only been a football manager for nine years when he was appointed manager of Dundee Football Club in 1959.

Against my better judgement I'll bite......

Criteria that was in place when they appointed JM, watch the interview which is posted in two different threads with JN, he mentions the criteria there.

Then once you have done that, do as is your usual and crack on with whatever agenda it is you're pedalling  today.

• Funny 1

11 minutes ago, offshoredee said:

Against my better judgement I'll bite......

Criteria that was in place when they appointed JM, watch the interview which is posted in two different threads with JN, he mentions the criteria there.

Then once you have done that, do as is your usual and crack on with whatever agenda it is you're pedalling  today.

I have watched and listened to the latest interview with John Nelms when he again mentioned the 300 games which equates to ten years as a football manager. 

Jock Stein would not have been appointed manager of Dunfermline FC in 1960 under Nelms criteria as Dunfermline was Jock Stein’s first appointment as a first team football manager. Carlisle United was also Bill Shankly’s first appointment as manager before he went onto bigger and better things in his managerial career.

In my opinion thanks to Bosman it is a lot more difficult for a new manager to form a team playing to his system. If players are good they are looking to go to a bigger club whilst players who are unable to play to the system can no longer be given a free transfer at the end of each season. 

From memory we were very fortunate to sign Thomson Allan after he was given a free transfer by Hibs. 

16 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

I have watched and listened to the latest interview with John Nelms when he again mentioned the 300 games which equates to ten years as a football manager. 

Jock Stein would not have been appointed manager of Dunfermline FC in 1960 under Nelms criteria as Dunfermline was Jock Stein’s first appointment as a first team football manager. Carlisle United was also Bill Shankly’s first appointment as manager before he went onto bigger and better things in his managerial career.

In my opinion thanks to Bosman it is a lot more difficult for a new manager to form a team playing to his system. If players are good they are looking to go to a bigger club whilst players who are unable to play to the system can no longer be given a free transfer at the end of each season. 

From memory we were very fortunate to sign Thomson Allan after he was given a free transfer by Hibs. 

Lets just see who we appoint.

Not sure using examples from the sixties is entirely relevant, but since when did that matter?

IMO JN should have kept any criteria to himself, but what would we talk about on here otherwise....................

🙃

• Star Post 1

A manager with a decent track record

No Arab connections...

Someone who will hopefully unite the fans

Not easy picking someone like that for a Championship club but that’s why he is paid a handsome wage...

56 minutes ago, offshoredee said:

Not sure using examples from the sixties is entirely relevant, but since when did that matter?

IMO JN should have kept any criteria to himself, but what would we talk about on here otherwise....................

🙃

You just couldn't help yourself could you. :lol2:

1 hour ago, offshoredee said:

....well, we'd just make something up, of course. :chin:....oh, wait a minute......  

Nelms did also say that having the broad 300-game experience basis wasn't exactly cast in stone....and if a good younger / less experienced candidate appeared, they might consider a partnership with an experienced 'mentor' in the background.

[nb: my choice of words is 'indicative', not necessarily quoting Nelms...just in case this is important to anyone!] 

• Funny 1