The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

i think him as assistant to an experienced man with a view to him becoming manager would be best. we'd then get the very best of what hes got left on the pitch. 

Way to big a risk just because he is a good player he has done nothing to suggest he can be a manager. Imagine it’s a lot of sh**e but it would be a no from me 

Player/coach or player/assistant would be fantastic but player/manager would be a big no-no.

I think Adam is a bit of a joker who isn't particularly disciplined so doubt he'd make a great manager. Could see it going a bit like Merson at Walsall or Gazza at Kettering.

I'd imagine that Adam would make his excuses if we called his bluff and offered him the job. Just can't see it personally.

Is this the same paper that said yesterday Kenny Miller had been offered the job?

Making up nonsense to fill columns maybe?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, dee1893 said:

i think him as assistant to an experienced man with a view to him becoming manager would be best. we'd then get the very best of what hes got left on the pitch. 

That's my views on it, too. Would be a massive statement of intent by the board to bring someone of his calibre into the Championship. 

2 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Is this the same paper that said yesterday Kenny Miller had been offered the job?

Making up nonsense to fill columns maybe?

Which ex Ger will that paper suggest tomorrow - Terry Butcher?

McPake is a long way ahead in coaching imo and would have every right to be severely hacked off if Adams was parachuted in.

Edited by Dondeh

34 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

Which ex Ger will that paper suggest tomorrow - Terry Butcher?

Barry Ferguson or Ally MaCoist.

I’d be all for it if they got someone to assist him. It would also give us the best midfielder in the league 

• Like 1

Two year player / assistant manager deal with the promise of the manager's job at the end of it once Strachan retires after taking us up, getting top six and winning the Scottish Cup.

18 minutes ago, OCDee said:

Two year player / assistant manager deal with the promise of the manager's job at the end of it once Strachan retires after taking us up, getting top six and winning the Scottish Cup.

Don't know how feasible but having Kenny Miller and Charlie both continuing to play but also on coaching staff in some capacity alongside an experienced manager, would be very good going!!

5 minutes ago, dun_d_rob said:

Don't know how feasible but having Kenny Miller and Charlie both continuing to play but also on coaching staff in some capacity alongside an experienced manager, would be very good going!!

Both a gamble but worth taking as they'd attract quite a few who wouldn't otherwise come I'd guess. But I agree they'd need a steady hand at the helm too, a Jefferies type. Gambling would be a gamble though....

1 minute ago, blueboy said:

Both a gamble but worth taking as they'd attract quite a few who wouldn't otherwise come I'd guess. But I agree they'd need a steady hand at the helm too, a Jefferies type. Gambling would be a gamble though....

I have often thought over the last few seasons/managers that our backroom staff is a tad light on experience(playing or coaching) and numbers.  Asst p/mgr for Kenny or Charlie and other p/1st team coach. Whilst lacking on coaching experience surely Kenny and Charlie having played at highest level will have picked up some valuable and transferable experience along the way.

I wouldn't go with Jefferies personally but ideally someone like him - maybe a bit too ambitious but Gordon Strachan, Walter Smith, Archie Knox, Billy Davies.

A total wildcard would be Micky Mellon who is Scottish and has a great record of getting teams promoted in lower leagues in England. 

Out in Vietnam with David Mcintosh, former centre half from the 70s, he said when he was at dens, dave white and Harold Davis were at dens, and he said the training and tactics were very professional, and no prisoners, were to be taken during game time, just what we need now, and have been for the last few years, with them both being at rangers, so he is touting Kenny Miller with the rangers connection,  time will tell 😎😎

6 minutes ago, Hamishlebaux19 said:

Out in Vietnam with David Mcintosh, former centre half from the 70s, he said when he was at dens, dave white and Harold Davis were at dens, and he said the training and tactics were very professional, and no prisoners, were to be taken during game time, just what we need now, and have been for the last few years, with them both being at rangers, so he is touting Kenny Miller with the rangers connection,  time will tell 😎😎

Big Dave, he didn't last long but I can picture him. Around 1976 he played.

As much as I like Charlie Adams, sorry but there is no way in hell we should be giving someone with no managerial experience the manager's job. If he wants to put his foot in the door, then he needs to start at the bottom and work his way up and prove himself as a worthy candidate.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hamishlebaux19 said:

Equaliser against Celtic in a 3-3 game, is his claim to fame, 😎😎

At Celtic Park, January time I think. Celtic og in that game too. Need to keep those memory cogs turning.

What you guys doing in Vietnam?

• Funny 1

30 minutes ago, blueboy said:

At Celtic Park, January time I think. Celtic og in that game too. Need to keep those memory cogs turning.

What you guys doing in Vietnam?

We meet up every year about halfway between bonnie Scotland and Australia, mainly eating and course  much drinking, very cheap here, weather fantastic, people sr so so friendly, here until Sunday so miss last game unfortunately 😎😎

3 minutes ago, Hamishlebaux19 said:

We meet up every year about halfway between bonnie Scotland and Australia, mainly eating and course  much drinking, very cheap here, weather fantastic, people sr so so friendly, here until Sunday so miss last game unfortunately 😎😎

Like the sound of that, but wife would never go, too far... perfect!