Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Cammy Told To Go By Jm, Now Reprieved?

7 minutes ago, offshoredee said:

I just wonder whether for his own sake, Cammy needs to go elsewhere.

I really think Cammy will end up as a defensive midfielder, has all the attributes. Folk were saying Wighton needed to leave for his own good, that hasn't turned out too well (yet). Always thought Wighton's best position was as a secondary striker. Too often he was deployed on the wing. So we get shot of Wighton and sign Craig Curran who hasn't scored yet for the Dee. Begger's belief.

• Like 3
  • Star Post 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
10 minutes ago, offshoredee said:

have heard this said before. IMO he should definitely be encouraged to stay at Dens. IMO his enthusiasm and commitment to the club has been abused by the last two managers. They sacrificed his development as a right back by playing him out of position, leaving him with little or no support in front of him and generally undermining him. He isn't perfect but he can play better than he displayed this season, and I think it speaks volumes for him when even JM had to get him back in the team after his loan signing as first team right back was exposed as a poorer player than Cammy.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, offshoredee said:

After the impact NM & JM had on him, I certainly thought it would be best for his development to move on, rather than risk following in CW's path, in & out of the team, no settled position, development suffering.

However, if he'd prefer to stay, and we get a progressive manager who'll work on coaching young players, this could give him a good push up the ladder. Maybe a 2-year deal would suit him.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WoodStein said:

After the impact NM & JM had on him, I certainly thought it would be best for his development to move on, rather than risk following in CW's path, in & out of the team, no settled position, development suffering.

However, if he'd prefer to stay, and we get a progressive manager who'll work on coaching young players, this could give him a good push up the ladder. Maybe a 2-year deal would suit him.  

Yes to that, WoodStein. We have to realise that building a young team to take on the Championship is at least a 3yr project.

• Like 1

One other thing: There is a big difference in the full-back/wing-back roles. Cammy is certainly fit enough for it but is a defender first and foremost. It was under Hartley's narrow formations that they tried to make him into a wing-back. It's impeded his progress. Horsfield was indeed found out, Kerr is the better defender but not the finished article. Needs to get more streetwise.

Edited by OsloDee
  • Like 2

Any lingering doubts about J M's competence must be dispelled if Pattulo is correct ( he usually is) .  It is reckless for managers to come into a club and totally dismantle the squads they have inherited, and this  includes Hartley and McCann.   By the end of this season we will have gone through the thick end of one hundred players during our five seasons in the premiership.  No one can tell me that a half decent coach cannot have put out two or three teams who would have been capable of playing in the top six with the players who have been on our books.  

In another article today, Clarke,  who has managed Kilmarnock to their highest place for fifty one years without his ego getting in the road, is looking forward to seeing the back of the loan players and bringing in six of their youngsters many of whom have themselves been out on loan, and said he is looking forward to bringing on at least "another three gems"  He probably will if he is still around next season.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, OsloDee said:

Yes to that, WoodStein. We have to realise that building a young team to take on the Championship is at least a 3yr project.

I've been thinking 2 seasons, on the assumption the new manager brings in 2-3 'older heads on youngish shoulders' to help him build the framework of his team, and to keep the dressing room focused, with the remainder younger players like Kerr/Ralph/Nelson.

I don't see us going straight back up...to do that, I think we'd have to spend a lot on the team, incl a few fees.

1 hour ago, BCram said:

He obviously didn't know how shoogly it was. If he did know then it was an act of spite, IMO.

He must have had astonishing levels of lack of awareness if he honestly though he was likely to survive.  Who knows?

• Like 1

Cammy did very well as a right back for first 18mths under PH, then when PH decided to change the teams style to possession for the sake of it, narrow with no threat, it looked like the whole squad suffered from a real confidence knock. The support got on their backs and only when NM took charge to keep us up did their appear to be some light at the end of the tunnel. That however was obviously wishful thinking as he too went with the PH style.

2 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

If we had 11 players with Cammy's composure and technique we'd have been relegated long ago. 

For the club I hope Cammy stays and proves the doubters wrong but with comments like this its maybe best he leaves.

26 minutes ago, AMAPC said:

Cammy did very well as a right back for first 18mths under PH, then when PH decided to change the teams style to possession for the sake of it, narrow with no threat, it looked like the whole squad suffered from a real confidence knock. The support got on their backs and only when NM took charge to keep us up did their appear to be some light at the end of the tunnel. That however was obviously wishful thinking as he too went with the PH style.

For the club I hope Cammy stays and proves the doubters wrong but with comments like this its maybe best he leaves.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I wouldn't want Cammy to leave just because there are a few doubters. WW has a long and honourable history of saying what he thinks and I'm sure we all benefit from his thoughts! We may not often/always/ever agree with them but that's the point of a forum. Group think is the worry more than a diversity of views.

• Like 3

Adblock Detected