Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

'The Mood Has Been Great' . James McPake.

Gedee

I don't think any bookmakers are sitting down to discuss who will be next Dundee manager. The odds are often a direct result of betting patterns. Every time someone places a bet the odds automatically change to make sure the bookies don't lose money.

The current odds on McBookie are...

Adams 3/1
McPake 3/1
McCall 5/1
McInally 8/1
Shiels 8/1
Wieghorst 8/1
Goodwin 10/1
Miller 10/1

Those odds suggest to me that the club hasn't made a decision. When someone goes odds-on you know that something has probably been decided.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
36 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Could McPake have same kind of impact at Dundee that Alex Neil had at Accies? It's certainly possible. He's an impressive character.

McIntyre's decade of experience proved worthless so maybe appointing a "proven" coach isn't necessary. We won't be coming up against the best teams and managers in this league so there is room for error.

Maybe Cobra it would depend on having the right (experienced) person alongside him ... We know. And DFC know. There is a lot riding on getting this decision right. Although time is on their side. Maybe in James we do have half of the equation, right in front of us. It does look like DFC/BOD, this time, have at least learned from their past mistakes are approaching this process. in a cooler, calmer, more thoughtful, & professional manner. At least this time, circumstances mean there is no need for panic. Good Luck JN.

• Like 1

McPake ruled himself out in his interview on Thursday, and said he didn't want to take the managers job out of respect for what the club has done for him.

From the way that Nelms was speaking the other day, the club will be looking for someone already proven and a lot more experienced than McPake.

24 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

McPake ruled himself out in his interview on Thursday, and said he didn't want to take the managers job out of respect for what the club has done for him.

From the way that Nelms was speaking the other day, the club will be looking for someone already proven and a lot more experienced than McPake.

Fully expect Kenny Miller to be announced on Monday then. 

1 minute ago, TheDarkBlues said:

One thing we can say about Dundee John, is we never really know what they are up to ...

Maybe because they are good at keeping secrets, or simply that in the past, some of their decisions have made us question if they know themselves, exactly what they are up to. JN's recent interview appearance, I thought he showed up, pretty well (he looked a bit strained) But I'd be more troubled if he looked relaxed & assured. There are big decision to be made, and if he's stressed out a bit trying this time to get it right, I think fans will understand that, & even go along with that. He's certainly been ducking the bullets the last few weeks. But his job might become easier, if he is more open & in doing so, sees he does have the backing of all (most) of us.

He's allowed tae mak mistakes and cheenge his mind ... No' too often mind ... And no' too many (As lang as he checks wi us first) ;)

It looks like he's noo moved on from "Criteria & Winning Formula Period" & is showing more open-ness & flexibility. So who knows? :)

50 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I don't think any bookmakers are sitting down to discuss who will be next Dundee manager. The odds are often a direct result of betting patterns. Every time someone places a bet the odds automatically change to make sure the bookies don't lose money.

Adams 3/1
McPake 3/1
McCall 5/1
McInally 8/1
Shiels 8/1
Wieghorst 8/1
Goodwin 10/1
Miller 10/1

Those odds suggest to me that the club hasn't made a decision. When someone goes odds-on you know that something has probably been decided.

McInally has apparently committed to Peterheid for next season as of this morning. Shiels was named manager of the NI womens team yesterday. I for one am thankful on both counts as neither one would've been a good appointment here, imo.

• Like 3

Just now, Stampguy said:

McInally has apparently committed to Peterheid for next season as of this morning. Shiels was named manager of the NI womens team yesterday. I for one am thankful on both counts as neither one would've been a good appointment here, imo.

100% agree Stampguy. I actually like most of your comments. 😚

McInally spent this season in the bottom division and he's been at Peterhead for nearly a decade and had the extraordinary good luck to have a great striker like Rory McAllister, who doesn't want to go full-time. Why we'd want him at Dundee I have no idea.

Shiels in the mirror opposite of Klopp. He acts like a fan and lashes out at officials. We do not need that again after Alex Rae. Referees take a dislike to the team and players lose their discipline because their boss can't restrain himself.

• Like 1

Cheers Cobra.

Yes McInally certainly hasn't overachieved at Peterhead as they've got a budget that really shouldn't see them ever fall into League 2, and they've spent the last few years yo-yo-ing between Leagues 1 and 2. If we're going lower league scottish manager then I can think of numerous I'd rather have before him.

As for Shiels - boy where do we start, the man's a loose cannon. Spends more time watching from the stands than he does the touchline. I wouldn't want him within a country mile of Dens. 

Needless to say when I heard they both had committed themselves elsewhere for the foreseeable I was pretty happy!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stampguy said:

Cheers Cobra.

Yes McInally certainly hasn't overachieved at Peterhead as they've got a budget that really shouldn't see them ever fall into League 2, and they've spent the last few years yo-yo-ing between Leagues 1 and 2. If we're going lower league scottish manager then I can think of numerous I'd rather have before him.

As for Shiels - boy where do we start, the man's a loose cannon. Spends more time watching from the stands than he does the touchline. I wouldn't want him within a country mile of Dens. 

Needless to say when I heard they both had committed themselves elsewhere for the foreseeable I was pretty happy!

Good stuff Stampguy. You politely told me you thought I was talking nonsense on another subject. We shut the conversation down. No hard feelings. I like it.

I hate when a disagreement between Dees leads to ongoing resentment. It's not necessary.

Back on topic and yeah those guys would have been awful appointments for Dundee IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

Adams 3/1
McPake 3/1
McCall 5/1
McInally 8/1
Shiels 8/1
Wieghorst 8/1
Goodwin 10/1
Miller 10/1

I would say you can't really read too much into the bookies odds on this as there will not be that many bets being placed on it so any bet that are placed could change things significantly.

1 hour ago, TheDarkBlues said:

He didn't actually rule himself out. What he said was he did not want to discuss or think about anything beyond the St Mirren game just now as he has been given a job to do for a week and out of respect to the club wants to solely concentrate on that. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, GordonDarkBlue said:

He didn't actually rule himself out. What he said was he did not want to discuss or think about anything beyond the St Mirren game just now as he has been given a job to do for a week and out of respect to the club wants to solely concentrate on that. 

That’s how I interpreted it too

• Like 1

Adblock Detected