Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Most Damaging Signings

Cobra

Which signings hurt the club? Caballero might be a contender (despite his brilliance) as he cost £700k and I think we had real problems financially after the dabs targeted him and got him seriously injured.

More recently the three-year deals for Williams and Vincent felt like a noose around our neck once we realised we didn't want them in the team.

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Just now, Dondeh said:

NM's #9

Moussa

That's an interesting choice. He only really spent one season in our first team and played a key role in keeping us in the division, even if he did drive people nuts with some of his misses.

Stephen Hughes , Colin Cameron , Darren Young , Vincent , Williams , Bob Malcolm - all spring to mind as they would be on good money (dundee wise) and we`re either finished or goosed injury wise.

Would never put Cabby in that given how much of a joy to watch he was and anyway it was Ivano who paid the 700k on him  😉

Just now, Prince Buster said:

Neil McCann and most of the dross he subsequently signed. A truly shocking appointment at the time that we're paying for with interest now.

PB, I would argue that we were in a more favourable position when McCann left than when we took over.

We were in freefall after 7 straight defeats including the 7-0 horror show and we were preparing for the Championship when McCann came in. When he was sacked we were almost level with St Mirren, Hamilton and Motherwell with 25 games to play.

I'm not trying to make out McCann was a success but this idea that he destroyed the club, it's simply not true IMO, and I suspect the board wanted those filthy cheap lower league signings to cut costs.

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

I don't know what Fan Zhiyi was earning but it felt like he was on a holiday at times. Why did we pay £200k for him? I think Peter Marr thought he was going to sell Dundee shirts in China. Who knows?

Yes exactly this plus hoping the Chinese in Scotland would come and support us

I think we also paid £200k for Jim Leighton, the greatest goalkeeper of his generation, and because he wasn't comfortable with the new backpass rule he sat on the bench behind Paul Mathers in the First Division!

6 minutes ago, CJ45 said:

Craig Burley and Ravenelli..didnt help the finances too much

Burley was a distater - horrible human in every way , Ravanelli i dont have issue with esp after hearing how he took time with the youth players , you`d think the opposite of a world wide name coming to little ole dundee but heard he was a class act , think he would have ended up a cult hero at dens had he been able to stay a season - was just glad i got to see him in a Dundee shirt.

Adblocker Detected