Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

News: Mcpake Declares Interest In Dundee Job

UWTB1893

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I think he'll get the job. Nelms clearly likes him and he won't be a costly appointment as he's already on the payroll. He already has his own appointments at the club in Gary Irvine and Kevin McNaughton. Irvine was assistant today and McNaughton was observing from the stand where he and McPake periodically exchanged messages. McNaughton rushed from his seat at h/t presumably to offer his view on things in the dressing room. I think they'll make up McPake's team with any cash saving possibly going towards employing an experienced mentor, even on a part-time basis. 

6 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I think he'll get the job. Nelms clearly likes him and he won't be a costly appointment as he's already on the payroll. He already has his own appointments at the club in Gary Irvine and Kevin McNaughton. Irvine was assistant today and McNaughton was observing from the stand where he and McPake periodically exchanged messages. McNaughton rushed from his seat at h/t presumably to offer his view on things in the dressing room. I think they'll make up McPake's team with any cash saving possibly going towards employing an experienced mentor, even on a part-time basis. 

I done think that it would be the  correct move, but I suspect that you might be right. At the moment I would favour Derek Adams to get the job. 

4 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

I done think that it would be the  correct move, but I suspect that you might be right.

I don't think it would be the correct move either, and I 'pray' it's not a decision Nelms takes based on emotion & cost. If the Board want to develop McPake as a future manager, they'd be better to hire a good, experienced manager who's prepared to work with McPake as his assistant. I believe Nelms said as much in his press interview, when pushed to comment, but I'm hoping this isn't his plan.

It was a bit of an unfortunate disaster to lose a CH so early in the game, but a simple switch from 3-5-2 to 4-3-1-1 didn't disrupt play too much. 

However, I thought those substitutions today were puzzling....Robson looked knackered, was a yard or two off any pace & chasing shadows, even before half-time. Taking off both strikers, we handed St.Mirren control of their half of the pitch.

5 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

I don't think it would be the correct move either, and I 'pray' it's not a decision Nelms takes based on emotion & cost. If the Board want to develop McPake as a future manager, they'd be better to hire a good, experienced manager who's prepared to work with McPake as his assistant. I believe Nelms said as much in his press interview, when pushed to comment, but I'm hoping this isn't his plan.

It was a bit of an unfortunate disaster to lose a CH so early in the game, but a simple switch from 3-5-2 to 4-3-1-1 didn't disrupt play too much. 

However, I thought those substitutions today were puzzling....Robson looked knackered, was a yard or two off any pace & chasing shadows, even before half-time. Taking off both strikers, we handed St.Mirren control of their half of the pitch.

I've got a feeling it will be. Past appointment(s) seem to back this up. Nelms definitely has a soft spot for McPake I'd say.

8 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

We scored and should've had a 3rd through Jesse even after the substitutions.

1 minute ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Mcpake will be announced as fulltime manager during the week and it will come with Kerr and Curran signing new deals. Wouldn't be surprised if he offered deals to some of the young boys that have been binned like henvey and Lambert 

Wrong appointment if we hire another untested manager at any level. We seem to be continuing in the wrong direction with managers if McPake is made manager as you speculate.

We need to be looking at all possibilities and not the cheap and cheerful appointment because it will unite the fans... until it all goes wrong and we will have another 'ledgend' at the club go down in flames like McCann.

This is a mistake, a big one and we will continue on the way we have been in the last couple of years. I'm sorry James if you read this, but I don't think that you're ready for the job right now and you don't have enough experience to get us out the championship.

36 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I've got a feeling it will be. Past appointment(s) seem to back this up. Nelms definitely has a soft spot for McPake I'd say.

I'm certain McPake is very well-respected in the Boardroom (as well as by the squad/youths), Rev, but I think he's one to be developed a bit yet, on the coaching side. A couple of posters recently said they hoped we don't wreck a budding career by asking him to take on this job too soon. I share that concern.

Whoever we appoint needs to have a strong mix of experience, wisdom, enthusiasm, ruthlessness & motivational skills, shared between the manager/assistant. It's a big task, and I don't think it's one to ask a rookie to handle.

I'd like to see McPake continue to develop the youth teams for now, and to then work with these kids through to first team squad, and at 'the right time' work with them as assistant then maybe as manager (assuming all goes well). We need to establish this kind of longevity, with the aim of only replacing a couple of players, and occasionally staff, each season.  

39 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

We scored a good goal on the break though and that was exactly what the changes were for. Miller and Nelson had stopped working as one was, obviously, having to drop into midfield all the time and neither really seemed to want to be the one to do that deeper role. Then when Wright came on it was natural for him to sit deeper and with Jesse Curran on as well, we suddenly had two players capable of holding the ball and taking men on. I thought it was a move that worked, because at 9 men, we really had to give up their half of the pitch and look to hit on the break. He also seemed to want to allow another young lad on, no matter what, and on a day like today I'm all for that. 

I'm much more upbeat about McPake and Irvine having a shot at it, if they do. I think McPake is a motivational guy that comes with a huge amount of respect from his fellow professionals and would definitely demand and get respect and hard work from his team, without constantly isolating players in the way our previous three managers seem to have done. I thought stuff today like bringing in Robertson for a debut, bringing Hamilton back in, seeing as I guess he'll be first choice next season, making Cammy captain, dropping Woods from the squad and also the way we were playing prior to the sending off, makes me think he's an intelligent thinker capable of making positive change, given time.

Personally I'd far rather him than a nugget like Adams who has marginalised players, fallen out with fans and fallen foul of officials everywhere he's been. I think we need to move forward in a positive way, with a longer term plan and a real change of emphasis. McPake may not be that man, but, for me, the old guard are definitely not the answer. 

Really tough decision for the club because there's genuinely not a stand out candidate that I can see. 

Adblock Detected