Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Now the Season From Hell Is Over....

23 minutes ago, bjs said:

I’d sign him if he was willing to come back to us, thought he was outstanding yesterday and would be a superb signing for next season.

Some Australian team have been heavily linked with him online.

I think he'd maybe be more pricey than he'd justify. I can't tell if I'm being harsh and it's the defence as a whole but he's been part of two appalling defences this season, I genuinely think we could do a lot better with less money.

I'd actually throw in a wildcard of Benedictus return if he's got a clause. Looked really solid captaining Raith when I've seen them. We definitely needed to improve the defence when we come up but I always thought we were a bit quick to release him and he was good in our league winning season.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Ryan McGowan did actually play well yesterday, but his form's been erratic (maybe unsurprising given our performances), he recently cost us goals in Perth & v Hamilton with daft decisions, and if he's been on a good deal at Bradford, I'd agree with Harry re value for money.

I'm afraid I don't share Harry's view of Benny, though...I think he's at the right level (Div.1, maybe lower half Championship), in a side where he's now comfortable being a key player. 

On a slightly more controversial note, I'm hoping whoever manages us will avoid the temptation to look at former Dees (other than maybe Hendry), and that we won't sign anyone over 30 (...except Charlie Adams or Berbatov :)). We need to be looking at developing a team of players that can give us 5 years or more, and we already have Gowser (for a year), and Davies/Meekings/Miller for experience.  

21 minutes ago, Bobby123 said:

Ryan McGowan has cost us a good few goals- I don’t think he reads the game particularly well and is a yard slow to get to the ball.

Think we could do better.

Yip. I would agree with that.  We have to get a tougher midfield to protect the defence and to get forward. Wouldn't be sorry if none of the regulars midfielders showing yesterday were involved. They have been a failure. We were overrun through the middle all season and the wide players exposed our full backs. In my opinion, midfield has been our biggest problem since Hartley's second season. 

A new broom  to sweep all these under achievers (M&Ms Duds!)away is required so I wouldnt  keep anyone (of the loan signings)even if they did play well in a 3-2 home defeat to St Mirren!!!!!!

Hopefully optimistic that a new manager will have a positive effect in a nightmare league and attract solid professionals that want to play and achieve promotion!

Only downside for me is this constant stadium distraction and its apparent "progress" which will sadly mean the end of my attendance at football matches when it opens  but that's my own opinion/choice.

Certainly Glad that season is over!!!!-Onwards and Upwards!

19 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

I want to be positive and optimistic that next season I can look forward to:

A new manager

A new team with players who have a desire and steel

A new stadium going through the planning process

Winning games, not all but a fair few

A few fun away trips

A togetherness between fans , manager, players and OUR club.

Cannae wait!

And hopefully young players getting games and a developing youth system. 

1 hour ago, WoodStein said:

Ryan McGowan did actually play well yesterday, but his form's been erratic (maybe unsurprising given our performances), he recently cost us goals in Perth & v Hamilton with daft decisions, and if he's been on a good deal at Bradford, I'd agree with Harry re value for money.

I'm afraid I don't share Harry's view of Benny, though...I think he's at the right level (Div.1, maybe lower half Championship), in a side where he's now comfortable being a key player. 

On a slightly more controversial note, I'm hoping whoever manages us will avoid the temptation to look at former Dees (other than maybe Hendry), and that we won't sign anyone over 30 (...except Charlie Adams or Berbatov :)). We need to be looking at developing a team of players that can give us 5 years or more, and we already have Gowser (for a year), and Davies/Meekings/Miller for experience.  

Exactly focus on youth. 

21 hours ago, harry94 said:

I'd actually throw in a wildcard of Benedictus return if he's got a clause. Looked really solid captaining Raith when I've seen them. We definitely needed to improve the defence when we come up but I always thought we were a bit quick to release him and he was good in our league winning season.

I’ve seen Raiths last three games and Davo looked ok too- it’s more a reflection of the standard they are up against than anything else imo. Raith have not been promoted as they badly leak goals - top scorers in league 1 yet finished third.

its a no to Benny from me. 

• Like 1

There isn't one player that played on Saturday that I would miss and that's the scary thing as we don't have a nucleus of a squad to build on for next season. Effectively a new team is required and to do that and expect that new team to challenge for top spot next season will be tough 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Bobby123 said:

There will be many crying out to resign the other McGowan but he was part of that midfield that was consistently over run-complete clear  out and get some toughness in there.

He's already got another year automatically triggered because he's played 25+ games this year.

18 minutes ago, Wackyjim said:

There isn't one player that played on Saturday that I would miss and that's the scary thing as we don't have a nucleus of a squad to build on for next season. Effectively a new team is required and to do that and expect that new team to challenge for top spot next season will be tough 

Ralph, Nelson?

• Like 1

Adblock Detected