Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Deetv: St.M Highlights & Interviews

WoodStein

Just watched the highlights & would be interested to know if anyone else has, and thinks the video was very 'pixelated'/fuzzy, and at times a player moving seemed to have a 'shadow' following them. There was rain very noticeable on the portable camera shots, but the fuzzy stuff was also from the main cameras in the SE gantry & back of the Shankly. I wondered if these are maybe using wifi to connect to a server, and either very slow or with signal interference? I've mentioned it to someone involved with DeeTV.

A couple of things the various camera angles highlighted, better than my BC view....great couple of forward passes setting up Cammy's opener (Miller to Gowser, Gowser weighted perfectly for Cammy), two terrific long passes from Robson to set up Wright for his terrific placed finish, and to create a chance for Curran than should maybe have produced a 3rd. The SE camera view also confirmed O'Dea's comment that young Robertson's pass to him wasn't overhit, O'Dea didn't see that the player who'd just come on as sub was on his blind side & he didn't appear to get a shout to warn him....clearly a pen, as O'Dea confirmed. I also think Hamilton wasn't really at fault for the first goal, the header was very close, downwards, and just bounced off him. He was maybe not strong enough at pushing the third one away, but the defending to let someone dance through around 4 players close together was poor.

The most interesting stuff, though, is the 3 post-match interviews.

McPake's is interesting, to hear a bit of emotion in his voice, a clear passion for the club & his young players. He seems philosophical about the club's decision, though. Cammy's is a good one, emotional too, talks a fair bit about the youths, his season & how it's turned out....and some interesting comments about 'the Dundee identity'. O'Dea mentioned he's actually played more for Dundee than any of his other clubs (surprised me), and was very positive about the club, the people, very honest appraisal of Cammy....'Dundee identity' again....and the youth players. 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Cancelled my DEETV subs a few weeks ago, but O'Dea has routinely come across as the best interviewee. Consistently shone above the other players (not difficult), McIntyre (not difficult), and latterly McCann (who eventually lost the plot with the interviewers).

Edited by Dondeh

DeeTV is an essential for someone like me that only gets home every few years. I am worried about the coverage next year. This was the first year we used the professional coverage, not sure if they film every game in the Championship. On the quality, there is a icon to adjust the screen resolution,  sometimes it goes to the lowest, usually I can go to HD and it is much better

1 hour ago, WoodStein said:

Just watched the highlights & would be interested to know if anyone else has, and thinks the video was very 'pixelated'/fuzzy, and at times a player moving seemed to have a 'shadow' following them. There was rain very noticeable on the portable camera shots, but the fuzzy stuff was also from the main cameras in the SE gantry & back of the Shankly. I wondered if these are maybe using wifi to connect to a server, and either very slow or with signal interference? I've mentioned it to someone involved with DeeTV.

A couple of things the various camera angles highlighted, better than my BC view....great couple of forward passes setting up Cammy's opener (Miller to Gowser, Gowser weighted perfectly for Cammy), two terrific long passes from Robson to set up Wright for his terrific placed finish, and to create a chance for Curran than should maybe have produced a 3rd. The SE camera view also confirmed O'Dea's comment that young Robertson's pass to him wasn't overhit, O'Dea didn't see that the player who'd just come on as sub was on his blind side & he didn't appear to get a shout to warn him....clearly a pen, as O'Dea confirmed. I also think Hamilton wasn't really at fault for the first goal, the header was very close, downwards, and just bounced off him. He was maybe not strong enough at pushing the third one away, but the defending to let someone dance through around 4 players close together was poor.

The most interesting stuff, though, is the 3 post-match interviews.

McPake's is interesting, to hear a bit of emotion in his voice, a clear passion for the club & his young players. He seems philosophical about the club's decision, though. Cammy's is a good one, emotional too, talks a fair bit about the youths, his season & how it's turned out....and some interesting comments about 'the Dundee identity'. O'Dea mentioned he's actually played more for Dundee than any of his other clubs (surprised me), and was very positive about the club, the people, very honest appraisal of Cammy....'Dundee identity' again....and the youth players. 

I ageee that I think the interviews were very good from all three of them. A lot of suggestion about the previous manager’s tenure with regards to identity. I think both McPake’s and O’Dea’s professionalism and attitudes will serve them well in their coaching/management careers. I also thought O’Dea’s assessment of Kerr was very noteworthy. I hope they sort a deal out for him soon. 

Got to disagree with you about Jack Hamilton though!! Just watched the highlights again and both the first and third were straight at him. Yes, both close range but there is absolutely no composure about his reactions at all, he just flaps at both. They could almost be classed as own goals. 

2 hours ago, UWTB1893 said:

@WoodStein did you try changing the streaming on the HD icon on the player? It's normally set at the lowest when I go on it and have to change it to full HD 

No, only just read that comment in GordonDee's post above, I'll have a look tomorrow morning.

I've never seen that 'fuzziness' before, though, and I watch either highlights or full match (away) every week.  

12 hours ago, UWTB1893 said:

@WoodStein did you try changing the streaming on the HD icon on the player? It's normally set at the lowest when I go on it and have to change it to full HD 

Had a look just now, and it was on HD 200, so I changed it to 1500 & the highlights play fine now. I checked Kenny's interview videos & they're also sharper, though seemed ok yesterday at 200, but of course there's no 'distance zooming' or movement, as there is with the highlights.

I was puzzled that this has never been an issue before, same Virgin Media 50mb broadband service...but a few weeks ago I removed the Win7 (/Chrome) partition from my macbook a few weeks ago & now using Safari/OSX10.14. I quit Safari, reopened it & logging back into DeeTV, it's retained the 1500 setting. I guess I've just not watched the last couple of games highlights since I made that change (dee deepression!). 

There's always a logical explanation! Thanks 👍

Just watched the interviews and was very impressed with what all three had to say. Lot's of hints about us losing our identity, (Agent McIntyre?) I have been a Cammy critic because I do not think he has had a good season, but with his words he earned my respect, and if his confidence can return, he should be signed up for next season. How do we get our identity back?  We used to play great football with some steel and fight, we can blame the players and management, maybe too many were on the pitch that look at the dilapidated stadium and have no idea of our history. No excuses for them, they were responsible for our relegation. I honestly do not believe St Mirren and Hamilton have better players, but they had better identity and better teamwork. The new manager has a huge task to bring the club back, especially as he has to recruit so many players. Hopefully this time we get it right. 

5 hours ago, GordonDee said:

Just watched the interviews and was very impressed with what all three had to say. Lot's of hints about us losing our identity, (Agent McIntyre?) I have been a Cammy critic because I do not think he has had a good season, but with his words he earned my respect, and if his confidence can return, he should be signed up for next season. How do we get our identity back?  We used to play great football with some steel and fight, we can blame the players and management, maybe too many were on the pitch that look at the dilapidated stadium and have no idea of our history. No excuses for them, they were responsible for our relegation. I honestly do not believe St Mirren and Hamilton have better players, but they had better identity and better teamwork. The new manager has a huge task to bring the club back, especially as he has to recruit so many players. Hopefully this time we get in right. 

Think there is definitely something in this, I reckon we should give every new player, whether bought or loaned by us, a DFC indoctrination where we give a couple of ex- legends an hour with him, showing him videos and going through our whole history of ups and downs, talking about old European exploits and give them a feel for what Dundee FC is all about what a great club and of course fantastic set of fans it has behind it.

Maybe, just maybe, then some of these mercenaries that call themselves footballers will get what we are all about and why we are so passionate about our team, I yearn for the days when we had the same nucleus of players for season after season ( at least in most cases lol) where you could get to know them and they got to know us and how we feel,  and we all dreamed the same dream! Nowadays it just looks like most of them don’t give a sh*t about the club or the fans and can’t wait till the end of the season to piss off to somewhere else for a season or two for another wee jaunt, and a few quid more! (Sorry rant over)

6 hours ago, GordonDee said:

Just watched the interviews and was very impressed with what all three had to say. Lot's of hints about us losing our identity, (Agent McIntyre?) I have been a Cammy critic because I do not think he has had a good season, but with his words he earned my respect, and if his confidence can return, he should be signed up for next season. How do we get our identity back?  We used to play great football with some steel and fight, we can blame the players and management, maybe too many were on the pitch that look at the dilapidated stadium and have no idea of our history. No excuses for them, they were responsible for our relegation. I honestly do not believe St Mirren and Hamilton have better players, but they had better identity and better teamwork. The new manager has a huge task to bring the club back, especially as he has to recruit so many players. Hopefully this time we get in right. 

P McGowan's also alluded to this in the St Mirren pre-match interview. Not all of what McIntyre was doing sat well with the senior pros. As we try to apportion blame for the season that wasn't I think McIntyre should never have been allowed sign 13 players in January. The pick up in results in November/December should have demonstrated to McIntyre that the there was enough quality in the squad to keep us up. The January signing window could have been limited to 3-4 players where 1 was a backup keeper. They obviously knew that Jack Hamilton needed an operation. Center-half was an area where we lacked depth. Craig Wighton needed replacing etc. McPake said in an interview that some of his U18 boys were ready for their 1st team debuts but that had fallen on deaf ears. This season has been a calamity of errors on and off the field, but what went on in the January transfer window is a major contributing factor.

5 hours ago, Abernethy Dee said:

Think there is definitely something in this, I reckon we should give every new player, whether bought or loaned by us, a DFC indoctrination where we give a couple of ex- legends an hour with him, showing him videos and going through our whole history of ups and downs, talking about old European exploits and give them a feel for what Dundee FC is all about what a great club and of course fantastic set of fans it has behind it.

Maybe, just maybe, then some of these mercenaries that call themselves footballers will get what we are all about and why we are so passionate about our team, I yearn for the days when we had the same nucleus of players for season after season ( at least in most cases lol) where you could get to know them and they got to know us and how we feel,  and we all dreamed the same dream! Nowadays it just looks like most of them don’t give a sh*t about the club or the fans and can’t wait till the end of the season to piss off to somewhere else for a season or two for another wee jaunt, and a few quid more! (Sorry rant over)

Good idea, and as well as a few local Legends, we have a few people connected with the club who could maybe help out with this. There are great books, & DVDs, but we could still have an up-to-date "DFC History" DVD, which wouldn't need to be too long to still feature briefly the highs of 50's/60's, the LC, the 2 SC finals, some of the great players we've seen, the lows of Admin1/2, the Deefiant 'identity', and of course a couple of recent derbies... :) 

When Nathan Ralph arrived, he described in his first DCT interview how he took his own unguided tour of Dens, looking at the photos & trophies in the boardroom & lounges, sat in the main stand & walked round the track, imagining the stands full of fans, to get some understanding of the step-up he'd just made & the club's history. I thought that was quite an intelligent thing to do, for a young man, moving to the other end of the country, to try to appreciate his new surroundings. He followed that, though, with his one 'howler' of a game (LC v Dunfermline :slaphead:) ....but then turned into our most consistent player, almost unanimous fans POTY, and also POTY in the eyes of his team-mates. 

Adblock Detected