Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Just Watched the Highlights.

Napper

How the feck did the club pay money for that keeper? .. also watching the Kilmarnock game, what a job Steve Clarke has done in two years.. they were a basket case of a club always fighting relegation.. yesterday over twelve thousand in the stadium and a third place finish.. It show the potential if you appoint the right manager... when was the last time ur club had such a feel good factor? Even with all the cash that was wasted during the  Bonetti era we could only scrape a top six finish... 

Edited by Napper

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

By coincidence, after I'd watched the DeeTV highlights, I thought Hamilton wasn't as 'at fault' for the first 2 goals as it seemed from the BC view, but then I watched Sportscene & wondered how I'd reached that conclusion. The defending, though, was equally to blame. He did, though, have 2 or 3 very good saves. On Dee TV, the commentator had just said, early in the 2nd half "he's been shouting instructions at his defence all game, he's like a different keeper from the one who opened the season in Paisley, communicating, commanding, confident". 15 seconds later...... :slaphead:   

Re the Killie game, it had been good to hear Killie stand up to Rangers & not give them a second stand, so it was good to see Killie fans responding with a couple of thousand in it. I loved the speech, classic Clarke, especially the "bye bye Rangers" bit, followed by "and when Celtic come back next season, make sure it's bye, bye, Celtic too".

The SFA Board must be squirming, knowing they're hiring the best man for the job, but wondering what he's going to say in his first press conference! :)  

D O'Dea was shouting at Hamilton cos' he hadn't given him a shout about the St Mirren player who had sneaked up on him.. granted JH made a couple of good reaction saves.. unfortunately, he can't handle the basics.. and was at fault for all the goals conceded on Saturday.. he seems lacking in confidence.. and can never be our number one choice between the sticks..

3 hours ago, Napper said:

How the feck did the club pay money for that keeper? .. also watching the Kilmarnock game, what a job Steve Clarke has done in two years.. they were a basket case of a club always fighting relegation.. yesterday over twelve thousand in the stadium and a third place finish.. It show the potential if you appoint the right manager... when was the last time ur club had such a feel good factor? Even with all the cash that was wasted during the  Bonetti era we could only scrape a top six finish... 

4000 huns there tho

I've never seen a hat-trick like it. The keeper got a glove on all three and pushed them all into the net. Incredible. Not sure how the player comes back from that. He's like an outfield player thrown between the sticks. Maybe he can regain some confidence under a new manager.

Quite fitting that we should finish with a horrible result that sums up the last 9 months. I just want to forget the season where we picked up 7 points in Dundee and 6 points in Livingston.

As for Killie, great day for their fans. Finishing above Aberdeen and getting into Europe is very impressive these days. Clarke pretty much made it clear he was leaving and while his apology for not winning a trophy was unnecessary, he knows that in the years ahead their fans will wish they made more of the 18 months when he was at Rugby Park. Shame for them that Celtic have been unstoppable in that time.

7 hours ago, Napper said:

even so.. that means 8000 Killie fans there.. not a bad attendance at all..something we can only dream off right now..

In all honesty if we were playing for third and Europe we would likely fill Dens.

The challenge for us is how to do a Killie? They have shown what can be done.

12 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

In all honesty if we were playing for third and Europe we would likely fill Dens.

The challenge for us is how to do a Killie? They have shown what can be done.

The next few days/weeks and the time leading up to the start of the new season is gonna be a crucial time for the Decision-makers, involved in the selection process & appointment of the New Manager for DFC. And frankly I do not envy them. Whether we can "do a Killie" is a maybe a big ask Billy'. But if they get it right, well who knows? DFC :wub:

Adblock Detected