The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
harry94

Nathan Ralph - Release Clause

Rate this topic

That's Ralph away with a release clause in his deal, likely signing for Hull on a free transfer. Article here.

IN DEMAND 

Hull City and Barnsley target Dundee’s Nathan Ralph on free transfer

Nigel Adkins’ Tigers have already made contact with his representatives - with Stephen Kingsley their only other option at left-back

EXCLUSIVE
  • By David Fowler
  • 21st May 2019, 12:00 pm

DUNDEE Player of the Year Nathan Ralph will leave Dens Park on a free transfer - with Hull City ready to make a move.

The defender, 26, walked away with a clean sweep of gongs at the club awards night including player’s POTY and the fan award.

Nathan Ralph is wanted by Hull City and Barnsley
ALAMY LIVE NEWS
Nathan Ralph is wanted by Hull City and Barnsley

But after his side’s torrid campaign which saw them relegated to the Scottish Championship, Ralph’s availability has already alerted several clubs down south.

The player has a relegation release clause in his contract at Dens and will trigger it in a bid to force a move.

And Nigel Adkins’ Tigers have already made contact with his representatives - with Stephen Kingsley their only other option at left-back.

Ralph played 32 games for the Dees since signing for Neil McCann from Woking back in May of last year.

He has gone on to become one of the most consistent players in the Premiership and is not short of admirers.

Barnsley are also tracking his progress with a view to an offer when he officially becomes a free agent on June 1.

• Sad 1

Confirmed or newspaper speculation? ie. this:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4268569/nathan-ralph-hull-city-barnsley-dundee-transfer/ 

Just now, Double Blue said:

Bad news if true.

Fairly typical news if true.

Good on him. Well done Nathan. He deserves a good move.

sh**e news if true and I suspect it is.

Not the best news if true. As always though we'll cope. Not the end of the world.

Wouldn't have expected him to stay on next season unfortunately  , good player.

I didn’t think he’d be with us next season but hoped we could use him to our advantage. Thought the likes of Aberdeen might be interested in him and we could have done a loan swap with Wright and/or a.n.other coming our way.

• Like 1

If he was able to negotiate this release coming from the 5th tier to the SPL that's quite damning for the Scottish game. 

• Like 9

Fair play to him. I'm a bit disappointed that players we pick up from non-league and allow these clauses to be included in their contracts. I can understand it for Andrew Nelson coming from a big club like Sunderland or for players with a proven CV of a higher level but from unheard of players from Woking?? Come on!!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

If he was able to negotiate this release coming from the 5th tier to the SPL that's quite damning for the Scottish game. 

To be fair, he did seem to have some sort of interest at the time from bigger clubs than us but it is pretty shocking that it could be set to the level of £0. Even if we went down and he was allowed to leave for £100k, it's not ideal but that's still protecting our investment in some way.

Luke leahy and Stephen hendrie have been freed by Walsall and Southend. 

Not sure how good they are but leahy has good stats going forward and both have played in Scotland before.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Luke leahy and Stephen hendrie have been freed by Walsall and Southend. 

Not sure how good they are but leahy has good stats going forward and both have played in Scotland before.

Quite right. One door closes and another one opens. Seems to me that home grown players might be an important component of our team for next season.

• Like 3

Would take Leahy in an instant. No idea how Hendre has looked, went down South far too early. 

• Like 2

Just now, WeighorstsWang said:

Would take Leahy in an instant. No idea how Hendre has looked, went down South far too early. 

Had a few loan spells up here since then and hasn't played much. Leahy would be my preferred option out of the two. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BCram said:

Quite right. One door closes and another one opens. Seems to me that home grown players might be an important component of our team for next season.

We have a promising young left back, George Johnston in the 18s but he's needing to get in the gym as he's quite sleight ATM. 

Disappointed by this. Stand-out player, always thought he could go on to bigger things and wish him well.

Never heard of Leahy before personally. 

Leahy ex Falkirk

• Like 1

really bad news, excellent player. good luck Nathan.

need a manager soon to get the comings and goings sorted!!!

Good luck to the boy. He was our least sh*te player this season but was still part of a horrendous defence that conceded a ridiculous amount of soft goals at an average of about 2 a game

1 hour ago, Wattie Rojas said:

We have a promising young left back, George Johnston in the 18s but he's needing to get in the gym as he's quite sleight ATM. 

Get him on a diet of Guinness & Donner's over the summer and he'll be alright.

• Funny 2

10 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Get him on a diet of Guinness & Donner's over the summer and he'll be alright.

He's too young to drink so double helpings of chocolate yazoos it'll have to be.

• Funny 2

3 hours ago, chomp my root said:

and/or Nelms.

I thought that we had a ready made left back already signed on a pre contract. Jason Todd from QOS.