The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
harry94

Nathan Ralph - Release Clause

Rate this topic

I thought that we had a ready made left back already signed on a pre contract. Jason Todd from QOS. 

Josh Todd is a left sided midfielder/attacker.

6 minutes ago, hillbankdee said:

Josh Todd is a left sided midfielder/attacker.

Thanks. I thought that he was a left full back. 

33 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

I thought that we had a ready made left back already signed on a pre contract. Jason Todd from QOS. 

Josh Todd is a winger I think, not a full back. 

Edit - just saw the post above. 

Edited by an-dee

What a fitting end to the season. Our one quality signing from last summer and newly-crowned player of the season has a relegation clause and can walk for free.

• Funny 2
  • Star Post 2

6 minutes ago, Cobra said:

What a fitting end to the season. Our one quality signing from last summer and newly-crowned player of the season has a relegation clause and can walk for free.

After last season, not surprised in the least, just really sad, we now, more than ever, require a Decent Manager, with Great contacts, not the lottery of the last couple of seasons, we require hungry players with Zero injuries baggage, unlike the Crocks previously signed, on the HOPE, they'll be ok going forward.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rocky Boy said:

After last season, not surprised in the least, just really sad, we now, more than ever, require a Decent Manager, with Great contacts, not the lottery of the last couple of seasons, we require hungry players with Zero injuries baggage, unlike the Crocks previously signed, on the HOPE, they'll be ok going forward.

In other words, a miracle .

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Get him on a diet of Guinness & Donner's over the summer and he'll be alright.

1 hour ago, Wattie Rojas said:

He's too young to drink so double helpings of chocolate yazoos it'll have to be.

Wattie, with the Rev's blessing, I'm confident you can set the lad on the right path, if not to righteousness, then at least to a promising championship career!

3 hours ago, sneddee said:

really bad news, excellent player. good luck Nathan.

need a manager soon to get the comings and goings sorted!!!

Agree, other clubs have already signed a number of players.  No idea if we would have been interested in them but not having a manager in place makes signing players problematic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DFC1974 said:

Fair play to him. I'm a bit disappointed that players we pick up from non-league and allow these clauses to be included in their contracts. I can understand it for Andrew Nelson coming from a big club like Sunderland or for players with a proven CV of a higher level but from unheard of players from Woking?? Come on!!

I'd heard a whisper that Nelson was wanting to stay despite relegation. Just an unsubstantiated rumour but if true would applaud his commitment and be happy with that as I reckon he would be better than we could attract as a new player.

• Like 4

Do we really know if he does have a relegation clause in the contract?

1 hour ago, WoodStein said:

Wattie, with the Rev's blessing, I'm confident you can set the lad on the right path, if not to righteousness, then at least to a promising championship career!

Exactly WoodStein, the Guinness & Donner diet never did Boab Glennie any harm in fact he was probably ahead of his time with his high protein approach.

• Funny 1

23 minutes ago, gblue said:

Speculation at this point. It was in the Scottish Sun earlier today.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Exactly WoodStein, the Guinness & Donner diet never did Boab Glennie any harm in fact he was probably ahead of his time with his high protein approach.

He definitely got plenty of practice in developing the high-protein diet, during his years in Aberdeen! 

3 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

He's too young to drink so double helpings of chocolate yazoos it'll have to be.

Ah, more of a 20/20 or WKD chap then. :lol:

anyone got Kevin Holt's number?

3 minutes ago, McSkimmeroo said:

anyone got Kevin Holt's number?

Although some seem to have him down for 666. ;)

• Funny 3

2 hours ago, gblue said:

It’s absolutely bizarre if he does, and can go for nothing.

9 minutes ago, bp33 said:

Don't think it's that out there. He had league one clubs looking at him so he's come up here on a much lower wage than available there. 

We really are a club full of mugs. We should've told Ralph to take his relegation clause and stick it up his a**e.

But no.... instead of just re-signing Holt and Basque Jon wee Neil had to do another complete overhaul (starting with signing JackHam as a top priority) instead of just concentrating on our dire deficiencies ie., lack of a goal scoring forward. 

Maybe we day we'll become competent - I just hope I'm alive to see it!

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

38 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Don't think it's that out there. He had league one clubs looking at him so he's come up here on a much lower wage than available there. 

If he had League 1 clubs looking at him seriously he would've signed with one, period.

Just now, Stampguy said:

If he had League 1 clubs looking at him seriously he would've signed with one, period.

Might explain it. It can lead to bad decision making.

• Funny 2

1 minute ago, Stampguy said:

We really are a club full of mugs. We should've told Ralph to take his relegation clause and stick it up his a**e.

But no.... instead of just re-signing Holt and Basque Jon wee Neil had to do another complete overhaul (starting with signing JackHam as a top priority) instead of just concentrating on our dire deficiencies ie., lack of a goal scoring forward. 

Maybe we day we'll become competent - I just hope I'm alive to see it!

As I see it too Stampguy. 

We must stop this 'come to DFC, we are a stepping-stone club, do well, and we won't stand in your way. Just look at Kane Hemmings - who would've thought, a sell on clause ffs!!

Boils my piss us getting shafted time after time.☹

3 minutes ago, Budgem said:

We must stop this 'come to DFC, we are a stepping-stone club, do well, and we won't stand in your way. Just look at Kane Hemmings - who would've thought, a sell on clause ffs!!

It feels like it'll never end Budgem! 

1 hour ago, bp33 said:

That's the price of relegation :(

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Budgem said:

We don't agree to the clause we don't get the player. Guys like Stewart and Hemmings kept us treading water for a little bit longer, once they, and their goals, were gone we started to slide towards where we find ourselves today. The fact that we've found it so difficult to replace Hemmings goals shows you how valuable he, and his clause, were. We could've simply so no thanks though and had the pleasure of welcoming Moussa and the rest of the non scoring misfits that bit sooner.

• Like 2