Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Gordon Strachan - Technical Director.

13 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

The problem is, a rookie normally cuts his teeth in the lower leagues before joining one of the "big boys" so doesn't necessarily need so much time to adjust.  With McPake, and McCann before that., we have appointed rookies and, whilst the support are willing to cut such guys a bit more slack, that isn't without a limit.  I seriously doubt McPake will get 2-3 years if we are not seen to be knocking hard on the doors of promotion.  

HK

2 seasons max on the basis that we are knocking on the door at the end of the up and coming season, mid table or below and I think the jecket would be on a shookie peg.

Absolute Hero  / Legend if he takes us back up at the first time of asking.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, HK Blues said:

The problem is, a rookie normally cuts his teeth in the lower leagues before joining one of the "big boys" so doesn't necessarily need so much time to adjust.  With McPake, and McCann before that., we have appointed rookies and, whilst the support are willing to cut such guys a bit more slack, that isn't without a limit.  I seriously doubt McPake will get 2-3 years if we are not seen to be knocking hard on the doors of promotion.  

I wasn’t factoring in doing a Partick as I don't think that will happen but, if it did, you’re right. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Huggs66 said:

HK

2 seasons max on the basis that we are knocking on the door at the end of the up and coming season, mid table or below and I think the jecket would be on a shookie peg.

Absolute Hero  / Legend if he takes us back up at the first time of asking.

Yep, how long he gets will depend on what trajectory we are on over the next 1-2 seasons.  We are not known for being a patient support so the fans need to see some upward momentum.

2 minutes ago, Ferry pub crawl said:

More talks this coming week,dragging on now,if he's not committed then move on 

I agree it is dragging a bit, but it's only the papers who have implied a timescale, I don't think Nelms has ever said 'it'll take x weeks to conclude', and we may well be the party who's pushing Strachan to do this, because it's possibly a 'perfect opportunity' that's fallen in our lap, from informal chats during Strachan's earlier visits.

He may well be committed & Nelms just needs a bit more time to guarantee all the 'facilities' Strachan needs for his development project. We're leasing the Caird Park indoor pitch, etc, which isn't quite ready to open, and maybe needed to request, or provide, some extra facilities on site.

There also may be no other option that comes close to what the Board are trying to establish. 

48 minutes ago, Ferry pub crawl said:

More talks this coming week,dragging on now,if he's not committed then move on 

I think it's taking longer than expected, is because his role and the plans are bigger than originally thought. 

Adblock Detected