The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Prince Buster

Season Ticket Latest Decision

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Attilio said:

I've bought three.  I've had to threaten my two lads with taking away their Playstation/Xbox if they don't attend at least 2/3rds of the fixtures.  Bad father or what?

You'll go to jail for that kind of abuse

• Like 1

Just now, Valentke said:

I folded x2 last week Chomp. You know it makes NO sense 😂

Gonna give it a season, squirrelling cash away for the following season and I hope nobody baggsies my seats in the meantime but I think I'm over the hump on my doubts and looking to a brave new world of picking and choosing for next season. Fair play to all those who have renewed, I'm not trying to start a crusade but I did have a moment of clarity when the initial 'offer' came out.

15 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Gonna give it a season, squirrelling cash away for the following season and I hope nobody baggsies my seats in the meantime but I think I'm over the hump on my doubts and looking to a brave new world of picking and choosing for next season. Fair play to all those who have renewed, I'm not trying to start a crusade but I did have a moment of clarity when the initial 'offer' came out.

Is there a price that could tempt you?

Just now, BCram said:

Is there a price that could tempt you?

It wasn't the cost as I would have been happy enough (well, accepting) to pay £340, it was that initial 2 week window trying to railroad us into getting them at short notice halfway through March. I just thought it was very cynical and it got my back up to the point that I reevaluated things, and while I changed my mind a few times I missed the extended window and had no intention of paying £720 quid for 2 books, one that I lose money on every season. My missus even offered to give her's up (she's not getting off that easy). I'll pick and choose my games and I'll have more weekends to get up the hills, its not like if I do want to renew that I'll have to join some 'dead mans shoes' queue for one. :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Gotta be worth a season ticket now.....lots more interesting league next season.

Was out walking today, weather was diabolical so had to take my glasses off and stick them in my pocket - ended up with a scratch on them so there's few hundred quid needing spent. Season ticket looking highly unlikely now.

6 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Gotta be worth a season ticket now.....lots more interesting league next season.

Why?.

44 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Its hopefully going to be a great season, I'm looking forward to it but I'll not be renewing, fair play to those that are but I've made the call for the coming season, its a big new adventure. There's also the £720 for 2 tickets in the Championship even if I did change my mind, I'm gilding the lilly with that though. 

48 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Was out walking today, weather was diabolical so had to take my glasses off and stick them in my pocket - ended up with a scratch on them so there's few hundred quid needing spent. Season ticket looking highly unlikely now.

Sorry to hear about the specs mate, was off for a wee wild camp last night, there's life away from football. I'm unlikely to be paying 30 quid to watch us play the neighbours next year, unless I dip into the following season's ST pot.

57 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Feel your pain mate... Without going off topic and breaking all sorts of forum rules... Why the feck do glasses cost so bloody much in this country its one of biggest rip offs I know 🤬

• Like 1
  • Star Post 2

Just now, Wackyjim said:

Feel your pain mate... Without going off topic and breaking all sorts of forum rules... Why the feck do glasses cost so bloody much in this country its one of biggest rip offs I know 🤬

Slightly off topic but a very valid point.

1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

Not sure about this PB but could you not just get a new lens in the glasses?

1 minute ago, gblue said:

Not sure about this PB but could you not just get a new lens in the glasses?

Good point, will look into that one.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Leave that to you to work out

Are you suggesting that league will be of more interest to potential season ticket holders because Utd will be in it ?.🤔

PB - Go online to 'Glasses Direct" I've used them a couple of times for Ray-Ban prescription sun glasses and normal glasses - half the price of High Street.

Upload your prescription, pick your specs and off you go - returned within 7-10 days, depending on prescription.

If you don't go for Boutique frames you can order 3 pairs of frames, free of charge, to be sent to you to try on in the comfort of your home before deciding.

If you prefer to go local, skip the High Street chains and go to Spex Pistols, Johnston's Lane, Westport, great range of vintage frames, Richard, the owner will sort you out!

Both Paul Weller and Johnny Marr have bought frames from Richard when they've been in town! 😉

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Good point, will look into that one.

I see you getting a ST now mate...... :stirthepot:

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

Oh f**cking bore off now victor! 😆 

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

PB - Go online to 'Glasses Direct" I've used them a couple of times for Ray-Ban prescription sun glasses and normal glasses - half the price of High Street.

Upload your prescription, pick your specs and off you go - returned within 7-10 days, depending on prescription.

If you don't go for Boutique frames you can order 3 pairs of frames, free of charge, to be sent to you to try on in the comfort of your home before deciding.

If you prefer to go local, skip the High Street chains and go to Spex Pistols, Johnston's Lane, Westport, great range of vintage frames, Richard, the owner will sort you out!

Both Paul Weller and Johnny Marr have bought frames from Richard when they've been in town! 😉

@Prince BusterAlso worth doing a wee google of discount codes for glasses direct too - I've had some insanely cheap deals from them.

2 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Dabs sold 3100 seasons so far.

🤔

2 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Dabs sold 3100 seasons so far.

So many tragic folk

• Like 1