Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Sportsound Tonight

Napper

Derek Adams says he was approached by DFC but doesn't want the job. Dodds saying Nelms is too influenced by fans on social media... Sounds like he's still miffed by not getting the assistant gig and his mate getting binned.. Darren O'Dea defending the club but says it's not clear what the club's direction is... O'Dea and Dodds having a slight argument.. Dodds saying he's never criticised a chairman in his life.. but then goes on to have a pop at Nelms.. says he's naive and not experienced enough.. plus what was mentioned earlier.. thinks Nelms too influenced by social media.. also said it took Nelms ages to give him a call when all the issues came up re being McIntyre's assistant...  

Edited by Napper

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
9 minutes ago, Napper said:

Derek Adams says he was approached by DFC but doesn't want the job. Dodds saying Nelms is too influenced by fans on social media... Sounds like he's still miffed by not getting the assistant gig and his mate getting binned.. Darren O'Dea defending the club but says it's not clear what the club's direction is... O'Dea and Does having a slight argument.. Dodds saying he's never criticised a chairman in his life.. but then goes on to have a pop at Nelms.. says he's naive and not experienced enough.. plus what was mentioned earlier.. thinks Nelms too influenced by social media.. also said it took Nelms ages to give him a call when all the issue re being McIntyre's assistant...  

Jesus H Christ 😠

1 hour ago, Napper said:

Derek Adams says he was approached by DFC but doesn't want the job. Dodds saying Nelms is too influenced by fans on social media... Sounds like he's still miffed by not getting the assistant gig and his mate getting binned.. Darren O'Dea defending the club but says it's not clear what the club's direction is... O'Dea and Dodds having a slight argument.. Dodds saying he's never criticised a chairman in his life.. but then goes on to have a pop at Nelms.. says he's naive and not experienced enough.. plus what was mentioned earlier.. thinks Nelms too influenced by social media.. also said it took Nelms ages to give him a call when all the issues came up re being McIntyre's assistant...  

I'll put my tin hat on first but I've started to think that recently too. There have been things that come up on here that seem to be getting discussed at Board level like Strachan as DOF for example. While I've no problem with the BOD having a nose about to see what the troops think (a good thing in my opinion) they have to bear in mind that we can be a bit insane, especially when its not our chequebook that's getting opened. 

I'm glad they're consulting with some 'old heads' and if they go down the DOF route then fine but I think it will limit what manager/First team coach is attracted. Time to break out the popcorn and see what we end up with.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chomp my root said:

I'll put my tin hat on first but I've started to think that recently too. There have been things that come up on here that seem to be getting discussed at Board level like Strachan as DOF for example. While I've no problem with the BOD having a nose about to see what the troops think (a good thing in my opinion) they have to bear in mind that we can be a bit insane, especially when its not our chequebook that's getting opened. 

I'm glad they're consulting with some 'old heads' and if they go down the DOF route then fine but I think it will limit what manager/First team coach is attracted. Time to break out the popcorn and see what we end up with.

totally agree.. just a shame he doesn't pay much heed to the pricing complaints..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

This kind of chat will have been in all social media & pubs, on buses, at work, but also because it's fairly obvious to us, it's probably just as obvious to the board members & club employees who are lifelong Dees. It's almost impossible to trace 'the start' of rumours that seem to become reality. I'm sure  they often begin with a "don't tell anyone, but we're about to...." leak.

If our directors are aware of what Dundee fans are saying on social media, that's surely a positive, that they are paying attention to what fans think & say? 

Seems another "damned if they do,...." scenario.

• Like 5

IMO the fans sacked McCann, the fans blocked the appointment of Dodds and the fans then sacked McIntyre.

Is that a good thing? I'm not going to say. All I will say is, its perfectly understandable that a DFC board should be swayed by public opinion.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

This kind of chat will have been in all social media & pubs, on buses, at work, but also because it's fairly obvious to us, it's probably just as obvious to the board members & club employees who are lifelong Dees. It's almost impossible to trace 'the start' of rumours that seem to become reality. I'm sure  they often begin with a "don't tell anyone, but we're about to...." leak.

If our directors are aware of what Dundee fans are saying on social media, that's surely a positive, that they are paying attention to what fans think & say? 

Seems another "damned if they do,...." scenario.

The club employs someone part of whose job is to monitor social media, if he sees something of interest he feeds it direct to JN. They know everything that's said on here and Dundee Mad and even know the true identities of many posters including me. They don't normally give a toss though to be fair.

Edited by Prince Buster
  • Star Post 1

Adblock Detected