The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

30 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

Honestly you two are absolute doom and gloom merchants. Have never actually seen either of you say anything positive about the club. 

We know absolutely nothing about the Goodwin situation other than pure press speculation. And straight away the “Legion of Gloom” are on it with nonsense like our contract offer was crap and we are about to appoint a novice as manager despite 100 applications. 

In recent seasons the press haven’t had a clue about our dealings and that could easily be the case here. And hey see if it’s not then fair enough, if for whatever reason Jim Goodwin doesn’t wish to take the job we wish him well and move on. That’s life as they say. 

It must be sh**e going through life with the glass being totally empty. 

Thanks for keeping tabs. Good work.

22 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

Honestly you two are absolute doom and gloom merchants. Have never actually seen either of you say anything positive about the club. 

We know absolutely nothing about the Goodwin situation other than pure press speculation. And straight away the “Legion of Gloom” are on it with nonsense like our contract offer was crap and we are about to appoint a novice as manager despite 100 applications. 

In recent seasons the press haven’t had a clue about our dealings and that could easily be the case here. And hey see if it’s not then fair enough, if for whatever reason Jim Goodwin doesn’t wish to take the job we wish him well and move on. That’s life as they say. 

It must be sh**e going through life with the glass being totally empty. 

you-sir-get-a-gold-star.jpg

• Funny 3

1 hour ago, Spiritof62 said:

It’s certainly not going to shift a lot of season tickets.

McPake and Strachan might?.

ffs man.. warrior as a player but a massive risk again, like the McCann situation with jack Ross turning us down all over again.. strachan advising could be decent but no sure ata just feels like another lazy fall back appointment again 😕

was really on board with Goodwin tae, kinda disappointed but will back Mcpake 100% if true

Edited by Derrygunner
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cobra said:

It's a clear step-up so you think we'd able to agree a deal. Maybe he's been advised to steer clear because Dens is a management graveyard. Who knows what's going through his head? Roy Keane regretted taking the Ipswich job because they play in blue so there could be any of a million reasons why Goodwin isn't crazy about moving to Tayside. Hopefully it's a negotiating tactic like others have suggested.

I'm only quoting you because it's the handiest post mate, but why is Dens a managerial graveyard?

Take St.Johnstone, Aberdeen and Celtic out of the equation and how many clubs in Scotland's top two divisions are not managerial graveyards? Admittedly the last two didn't get that long, but Hartley got three years, which in the modern game isn't a bad shot. 

If it's McPake and Strachan, count me IN!

👍

• Like 6

If it is indeed James Mc Pake  then i will give him my full support  and backing but i fear its   not the right choice, only time will tell though.   I also have my reservations on Gordon Strachan joining the club in a technical /advisory role,i cant put my finger on it but i cant see it working out well,  6 months at most i see him being at the club,i may be totally wrong though.

• Like 1

I’d be happy with Mcpake, Nicholl assistant & Strachan in D.O.F role. Think Goodwin just as big a risk as Mcpake. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gowrie Dee 1962 said:

Daily Ranger saying Jimmy Nicoll Asst Manager

I’ve no issues at all of a management team of McPake, Nicoll and Strachan

• Like 1

I’m ready to get behind whoever gets the job - if it’s mcpake I’m happy to see his bulging bicep salute to the Derry after we blow the unwashed away

DDYB

• Love 4
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Lots of speculation. Personally I think we'll end up with McPake and A.N.other with Strachan supporting. We'll then get the old 'McPake was always our preferred choice' trotted out.

Anyone looking for this week's lottery numbers?.🤔

• Funny 3

😂 Dundee Football Club. Never a dull moment!

Was looking really forward to Goodwin coming in, thought it would have been a good appointment. However....

The DAB Breaker Captain along with our youngest ever Captain returning home running the show. That is f**cking quality thought! 

f**k United!

Away the Dee!

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Star Post 3

1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Anyone looking for this week's lottery numbers?.🤔

3 , mcpake, 12, strachan, 22, Nichols, 7! Bonus ball 33 ( of course - doon derby special)

• Funny 2

5 minutes ago, barkblue said:

I'm only quoting you because it's the handiest post mate, but why is Dens a managerial graveyard?

Take St.Johnstone, Aberdeen and Celtic out of the equation and how many clubs in Scotland's top two divisions are not managerial graveyards? Admittedly the last two didn't get that long, but Hartley got three years, which in the modern game isn't a bad shot. 

We've appointed 12 managers in the last 20 years. All were sacked and none were able to manage at a higher level or even the same level. That's pretty poor.

Is it normal though?

St Johnstone you've mentioned. Wright is the fourth successive manager to enhance his reputation there. It doesn't get much better than that.

As for Motherwell, McLeish went on to have great success at Rangers and won a trophy at Birmingham. McGhee went to Aberdeen. So did Brown. McCall went to Rangers.

Killie and United have had more misses than hits but even they've had a couple of guys who left on a high.

You're right to mention Hartley, our best-performing manager of the century but he left under a cloud, tainted and struggling to save his career. PH did at least show that Dundee managers can do well so there is hope.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

We've appointed 12 managers in the last 20 years. All were sacked and none were able to manage at a higher level or even the same level. That's pretty poor.

Is it normal though?

St Johnstone you've mentioned. Wright is the fourth successive manager to enhance his reputation there. It doesn't get much better than that.

As for Motherwell, McLeish went on to have great success at Rangers and won a trophy at Birmingham. McGhee went to Aberdeen. So did Brown. McCall went to Rangers.

Killie and United have had more misses than hits but even they've had a couple of guys who left on a high.

You're right to mention Hartley, our best-performing manager of the century but he left under a cloud, tainted and struggling to save his career. PH did at least show that Dundee managers can do well so there is hope.

There’s a new hope coming ..... not long until the Dee Strike Back

• Like 2

You really couldn't make this sh*t up,why spout all this crap in the press about needing a guy with experience then announce mcpake?!

13 minutes ago, sneddee said:

Goodwin rejected job offer apparently 

We don’t need a bottle merchant.

• Like 2

Just now, Huggs66 said:

We don’t need a bottle merchant.

Goodwin can gtf if true,he must think hes getting the st Mirren gig.