Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Goodwin

5 minutes ago, gblue said:

The thing that gets me is they say we had over 150 applications for job and if we do end up with Goodwin what does that say about quality of the other applicants 

They could've been very good applicants and out of our price range. Just depends on how full you think your glass is.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
7 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

They could've been very good applicants and out of our price range. Just depends on how full you think your glass is.

I know what your saying but this is all about our future get it wrong and could cost us a lot more in the long run, if we bring in GS I will be more confident about Goodwin 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Boys backing Goodwin at 1/2 will obviously force price down even shorter....

When managers go as short as this it’s more than likely he will get the job...

Just wonder if the St M job will be up for grabs soon.

Hes rumoured to be Hearts next manager. 

29 minutes ago, gblue said:

I know what your saying but this is all about our future get it wrong and could cost us a lot more in the long run, if we bring in GS I will be more confident about Goodwin 

I'm guessing that the Americans are spending just enough to keep us relatively competitive until they get to the make or break stadium build. That's where they'll make their dosh and I think they'll try and keep us ticking along until a final stadium decision is made. I just don't think they can justify spending biggish money on a manager knowing that the pot of gold at the end of their rainbow doesn't come with any guarantees.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gblue said:

The thing that gets me is they say we had over 150 applications for job and if we do end up with Goodwin what does that say about quality of the other applicants 

What calibre of a manager should a basket case yo yo club that has just been relegated and needs a complete overhaul be expected to attract? 

• Like 2

At this stage I'm guessing the bookies are reacting to the fact that very little seems to be happening on this front and they have to do something with their odds etc.

I doubt there are thousands of folk sticking money on who our next manager will be.

26 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

What calibre of a manager should a basket case yo yo club that has just been relegated and needs a complete overhaul be expected to attract? 

There are only 11 clubs in the whole country who finished above us last season, we probably still have one of the top 10 playing budgets in the country, a decent fanbase and our board clearly back their managers. Why would managers all be avoiding us.

Not aimed at you particularly mate, but this woe is us stuff that's coming from Dee's right now is doing my head in. 

• Like 3
  • Star Post 2

9 minutes ago, barkblue said:

There are only 11 clubs in the whole country who finished above us last season, we probably still have one of the top 10 playing budgets in the country, a decent fanbase and our board clearly back their managers. Why would managers all be avoiding us.

Not aimed at you particularly mate, but this woe is us stuff that's coming from Dee's right now is doing my head in. 

We (people that is) do like to get our quota of drama out of things, doesn't matter if its football, soap operas or sadly our politics, we need the drama.

We are in a state of transition and have just sacked or last two managers in this past season. We need to be realistic about our attractiveness at the moment certainly as compared to every other SPL side as it stands. Excluding the arabs of course if they go up. Nobody is going to come down the way and that's what we need to be realistic about. Out of jobs or lower standard is where we are for prospective managers. Maybe it's better thay we are rebuilding and hopefully sorting ourselves out.

12 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

We are in a state of transition and have just sacked or last two managers in this past season. We need to be realistic about our attractiveness at the moment certainly as compared to every other SPL side as it stands. Excluding the arabs of course if they go up. Nobody is going to come down the way and that's what we need to be realistic about. Out of jobs or lower standard is where we are for prospective managers. Maybe it's better thay we are rebuilding and hopefully sorting ourselves out.

You'd hope that any manager with some ambition and self belief would look at our potential and think they could be the guy to take us up and establish us. I really am struggling with this notion that because we've sacked some managers (like every club does) that we're suddenly undesirable. The whole managerial world relies on other managers getting punted. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, barkblue said:

Im not meaning this as a sense of woe but I think so fans need a reality check when they are having a downer on a manager like Jim Goodwin. He has had a solid couple of years at a part time club and is obviously looking to make the next step. 

I get we have apparently had a 150 application and I imagine probably about 80% of these will be absolutely sh**e or fantasists.

I just think realistically what calibre of manager do we expect? As I said previously I would much rather has someone on the up like Goodwin as opposed to the usual suspects.  

• Like 1

Adblock Detected