The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

Most guys when confronted by a sh*t budget just accept it if it means they will get the gig.

I think if they are not a very good manager I agree, but a good manager won’t as they have too much to lose our club is a good stepping stone not only for players but managers a few years ago I think it was Cardiff that wanted Hartley who would have him now or McIntyre for that matter.

If we get experienced good manger who does well with us then he goes on to a bigger club all imo of course. 

4 hours ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

Im not meaning this as a sense of woe but I think so fans need a reality check when they are having a downer on a manager like Jim Goodwin. He has had a solid couple of years at a part time club and is obviously looking to make the next step. 

I get we have apparently had a 150 application and I imagine probably about 80% of these will be absolutely sh**e or fantasists.

I just think realistically what calibre of manager do we expect? As I said previously I would much rather has someone on the up like Goodwin as opposed to the usual suspects.  

I think a lot of applicants were foreign managers with no experience in the UK, and Nelms said in the press conference they would be concentrating on candidates with either experience in the Scottish leagues, or a good knowledge of the game here....which I think would maybe include a lot of English managers.  ....and then there would be the fantasists ;)  .....and Robbo  :)   

9 hours ago, Attilio said:

'Due diligence'.  I will not be unhappy if I didn't read this expression on here again.  Due diligence is one thing but as a support we are never all going to agree if 'due diligence' has in fact been done or that we have arrived at the correct result.  I'm just waiting on the first shout on here demanding we see the list of 150 or whatever expressions of interest.  We need to know. 😀

Come on noo Attilio, ye ken fine wel ye cannae beat a wee bit "due diligence" to help ye get through, and brighten your day...

Noo aboot these supposedly 150 candidates for the vacant managerial post. Would it be too much to name them please ?:chaplin:

12 hours ago, Attilio said:

'Due diligence'.  I will not be unhappy if I didn't read this expression on here again.  Due diligence is one thing but as a support we are never all going to agree if 'due diligence' has in fact been done or that we have arrived at the correct result.  I'm just waiting on the first shout on here demanding we see the list of 150 or whatever expressions of interest.  We need to know. 😀

Due diligence clearly wasn't carried out in McIntyre's appointment. It would have identified that Jug Lugs was his favoured appointment as assistant, it would then have identified a fundamental flaw in appointing the two faced b*****d to any position within a club that he had previously chosen to kill.

22 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

Looks like it might be Goodwin...

Based on?

The Tully saying almost certain that Goodwin will be offered the post.... DCT at their best 🤔

Hopefully we're reading 'Good Win For Goodwin' on the back of the Tully next season.

• Funny 4

10 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

First time for Goodwin in the full-time player market if he takes charge. I'm hoping he re-signs Kerr, Jesse and Waddell to begin with.

There are quite a few players who could improve our squad and could be realistic targets. Will be go for his keeper from alloa, Neil parry? Seemingly he's a good player.

Stephen hendrie the ex Accies left back has been released by Southend.

Michael tidser and Blair Spittal are free agents for cm and RM. Not entirely convinced by Spittal but he had a few goals and assists last season in a poor team.

Declan Mcdaid for lw has looked decent and is leaving Ayr.

Jordon Forster is available for centre half and I think would do well in the championship.

Calum Gallagher at Dumbarton has done well and can play RM or up front.

Jordan McGhee for RB could be an option too and is ooc at Falkirk.

Might Adam king of Swansea and Frank Ross of Aberdeen be available for midfield? 

Aiden nesbitt (United) Kevin nisbet (Raith) look like good attacking options.

I'd be happy with ex players AJ leitch

and Andy Boyle if possible.

Donervan Daniels for CH has been freed by Blackpool?

LW Elliot frear and Mikael miller could add real pace down the wings. 

JG has previously used the loan system and I'd expect him to do so again.

Guys like Scott Wright, Zak ridden, Dario zanetti and Calvin miller could be available.

I'm obviously not expecting as to sign many of these boys but it shows there are players who may be realistic targets out there. 

Wattie, when are you expecting a reply/confirmation, fae DFC, to your Application for the Dundee Assistant Coach, or Director of Football position? :happyyes:

The challenge of building virtually a whole team in a matter of a couple of months will be interesting to see. McIntyre who had considerable previous experience in the transfer market failed miserably at Dens.  

Edited by Dondeh

2 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

The challenge of building virtually a whole team in a matter of a couple of months will be interesting to see. McIntyre who had considerable experience in this area failed miserably at Dens.  

As can be seen by my post above yours Dondeh ... Oor Ain Wattie (DOF) has already made a start:chaplin:

Unless i'm carrying this feeling of being relaxed too far, I really do think we'll be fine. Dundee FC :wub:

1 hour ago, Gedee said:

Wattie, when are you expecting a reply/confirmation, fae DFC, to your Application for the Dundee Assistant Coach, or Director of Football position? :happyyes:

Asap mate. I'll even work for free.😉

• Funny 1

21 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Asap mate. I'll even work for free.😉

I think wi' that last bit, you've just swung it freend ... (All betting is now suspended) :happyyes:

• Funny 1

12 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

First time for Goodwin in the full-time player market if he takes charge. I'm hoping he re-signs Kerr, Jesse and Waddell to begin with.

There are quite a few players who could improve our squad and could be realistic targets. Will be go for his keeper from alloa, Neil parry? Seemingly he's a good player.

Stephen hendrie the ex Accies left back has been released by Southend.

Michael tidser and Blair Spittal are free agents for cm and RM. Not entirely convinced by Spittal but he had a few goals and assists last season in a poor team.

Declan Mcdaid for lw has looked decent and is leaving Ayr.

Jordon Forster is available for centre half and I think would do well in the championship.

Calum Gallagher at Dumbarton has done well and can play RM or up front.

Jordan McGhee for RB could be an option too and is ooc at Falkirk.

Might Adam king of Swansea and Frank Ross of Aberdeen be available for midfield? 

Aiden nesbitt (United) Kevin nisbet (Raith) look like good attacking options.

I'd be happy with ex players AJ leitch

and Andy Boyle if possible.

Donervan Daniels for CH has been freed by Blackpool?

LW Elliot frear and Mikael miller could add real pace down the wings. 

JG has previously used the loan system and I'd expect him to do so again.

Guys like Scott Wright, Zak ridden, Dario zanetti and Calvin miller could be available.

I'm obviously not expecting as to sign many of these boys but it shows there are players who may be realistic targets out there. 

Agree with 90% of this, but wouldn't be offering Jesse a contract - IMO he is loupin.

Aiden Nesbitt aswell wouldn't touch him. Think the Alloa keeper Parry, Jordan McGhee and the boy Zanatta on loan could be a good shout

On 27/05/2019 at 09:14, Prince Buster said:

Due diligence clearly wasn't carried out in McIntyre's appointment. It would have identified that Jug Lugs was his favoured appointment as assistant, it would then have identified a fundamental flaw in appointing the two faced b*****d to any position within a club that he had previously chosen to kill.

I am very surprised that Nelms was not given a copy of the Memories book to read for his information. He would have read that Billy Dodds voted against the CVA. Dodds by voting this way was happy to see Dundee FC go into liquidation. 

If Nelms had carried out due diligence he should have quickly realised that McIntyre and Dodds came as a team and Dodds was persona non grata at Dens. 

• Star Post 1

IF this is true..............Once again short changed if its Goodwin, the lad was a disgrace on the park at times - Vinny Jones esq, he has had little experience, yes he has done ok, but I really thought we would bring in an experienced coach;, with new ideas, possibly foreign, or english championship/league one level. despite assurances from the board on the long term vision, I now question this, with another sub standard, McIntyre, McCann. The signing of Kenny Miller, Martin Woods, 'the flapper'. The communication with the fans, the constant fk ups in the press, the data criteria from Nelms, which now is not the case. If this is correct today, and we end up like Partick, then Nelms must go.......  I have said it time and again, and even directly to Tim Keyes - Nelms Arrogance will be undoing of Dundee.

That being said like all managers we just have to get behind our club, who know it might be a stroke of genius.

One final hope - is there is a player embargo on press engagement -I don't want to hear 180mcgowan - ripping his own players week in and out.

Welcome to the new manager! 🤔

20 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Hopefully we're reading 'Good Win For Goodwin' on the back of the Tully next season.

I was disappointed that after the dabs “performance “ in the play off the headline wasn’t “Fourpen Hell “. Still laughing 😂😂

17 minutes ago, jack12895 said:

Agree with 90% of this, but wouldn't be offering Jesse a contract - IMO he is loupin.

Aiden Nesbitt aswell wouldn't touch him. Think the Alloa keeper Parry, Jordan McGhee and the boy Zanatta on loan could be a good shout

There are a few players at Raith/Clyde that are decent young players, however the list you mention above, we need a class above this, some are good players, but we need some stand out signings or loan players. Im still digesting Goodwin to be honest............

2 minutes ago, darkbluecheshire said:

IF this is true..............Once again short changed if its Goodwin, the lad was a disgrace on the park at times - Vinny Jones esq, he has had little experience, yes he has done ok, but I really thought we would bring in an experienced coach;, with new ideas, possibly foreign, or english championship/league one level. despite assurances from the board on the long term vision, I now question this, with another sub standard, McIntyre, McCann. The signing of Kenny Miller, Martin Woods, 'the flapper'. The communication with the fans, the constant fk ups in the press, the data criteria from Nelms, which now is not the case. If this is correct today, and we end up like Partick, then Nelms must go.......  I have said it time and again, and even directly to Tim Keyes - Nelms Arrogance will be undoing of Dundee.

That being said like all managers we just have to get behind our club, who know it might be a stroke of genius.

One final hope - is there is a player embargo on press engagement -I don't want to hear 180mcgowan - ripping his own players week in and out.

Welcome to the new manager! 🤔

Former players who aspire to become football managers have to start their managerial career somewhere. 

Bill Shankly started his managerial career at lowly Carlisle United and he did not do too badly as a manager. 

I would far rather have a manager who showed a ‘bit of dig’ on the park than a manager who was ‘one of the boys’. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Or I might borrow it for here 😂

• Like 1

That may well be true, but in Nelms world does 10 Championship Wins qualify as a good manager and the right one for Dundee Football Club?

See his stats to date.

Team From To Record
G W D L Win %
Alloa Athletic 11 October 2016 Present 130 51 33 46 39.23
  LAST SEASON -    36 10 9 17 39 53 -14 39  

3 minutes ago, darkbluecheshire said:

That may well be true, but in Nelms world does 10 Championship Wins qualify as a good manager and the right one for Dundee Football Club?

See his stats to date.

Team From To Record
G W D L Win %
Alloa Athletic 11 October 2016 Present 130 51 33 46 39.23
  LAST SEASON -    36 10 9 17 39 53 -14 39  

What do mean by ‘In Nelms world’? Goodwin has earned praise from across the country for the work he’s done at Alloa. Many on here were touting for him long before McIntyre was sacked.

He was shortlisted for manager of the year in Scotland this season and someone has found some Wiki stats of the team with the lowest budget in the championship by some distance and decided it's a bad appointment before it's even happened. 

Wow.

• Like 2