The Dark Blues
harry94

League Cup 19/20 Thread

Rate this topic

9 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Pre match perty @Huggs66 hoose.😂🍻

Gents, are you all right wi dugs, I have three, they will love you all to death, hopefully I am home for the game. Will speak to the wife for permission re. Dee Perty. 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huggs66 said:

Gents, are you all right wi dugs, I have three, they will love you all to death, hopefully I am home for the game. Will speak to the wife for permission re. Dee Perty. 😂

I will bring the crisps and nuts!👍😂

1 hour ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

You will know the boozers and chippers then?

That part of Aberdeen is largely the Tullos (mainly oil & gas) industrial estate, with huge areas of new housing & some more industrial areas added along the Wellington Rd dual carriageway, bridging what was left of the gap between Tullos & Cove. I'd be surprised if there are any new pubs in that area, or takeaways. Maybe the Cover 'gers have a wee social club?

The closest walking distance pub/restaurant to the ground is the Wellington Hotel (formerly the 'Gay Gordon'/greasy spoon)....or the featureless Altens Hotel, both probably expensive.

There's two pubs in Cove, and one in each of the villages just off what's now the A92 (Muchalls, Newtonhill, Portlethen), but Stonehaven's probably the best stop (10-15 minutes away) on the way there/back (the Carron chipper is great...the 'home' of the deep fried mars bar). The Cove stadium's only about 50 minutes from Dundee, though, now the AWPR has split the traffic. 

Huggs66 is 'local', he'll know the pubs (years since I was in them), and if there are any new watering holes.

Just had a look at the stadium on google street view....it's only 200 yards up Redmoss Rd from my old house....which looks like the folk I sold it to in 1982 haven't done anything to it....not even cut the grass :o 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Must've been a smudge on your crystal ball, that's almost spot on.👍

My crystal ball gave out dual letters and I went for Borough Briggs and Elgin, should have realised it was the easy option and raith rovers 😂

1 hour ago, WoodStein said:

That part of Aberdeen is largely the Tullos (mainly oil & gas) industrial estate, with huge areas of new housing & some more industrial areas added along the Wellington Rd dual carriageway, bridging what was left of the gap between Tullos & Cove. I'd be surprised if there are any new pubs in that area, or takeaways. Maybe the Cover 'gers have a wee social club?

The closest walking distance pub/restaurant to the ground is the Wellington Hotel (formerly the 'Gay Gordon'/greasy spoon)....or the featureless Altens Hotel, both probably expensive.

There's two pubs in Cove, and one in each of the villages just off what's now the A92 (Muchalls, Newtonhill, Portlethen), but Stonehaven's probably the best stop (10-15 minutes away) on the way there/back (the Carron chipper is great...the 'home' of the deep fried mars bar). The Cove stadium's only about 50 minutes from Dundee, though, now the AWPR has split the traffic. 

Huggs66 is 'local', he'll know the pubs (years since I was in them), and if there are any new watering holes.

Just had a look at the stadium on google street view....it's only 200 yards up Redmoss Rd from my old house....which looks like the folk I sold it to in 1982 haven't done anything to it....not even cut the grass :o 

There is a pub/hotel just down the road (10/15min walk used to be the Wellington Hotel) which isn’t that expensive and does cheap food deals also and there’s the Altens hotel at the top (used to be the Thistle Altens), however for highland league games cove had a supporters bar set up which was basically a tent selling tins. They are hoping or due to get a social club going at the ground (not sure what stage there at with that now). Parking is the biggest issue if there’s any sort of crowd and getting out of the area after a game is shocking (it was a nightmare after there play off tie against Berwick), however there is an industrial/retail site just up from the ground so can easily park there but again the exiting takes ages. They have one of these new 4g pitches also but it’s of a good standard.

• Like 1

I reckon our fixtures will be (in no particular order):

Dundee v Inverness
Raith Rovers v Dundee
Dundee v Peterhead
Cove Rangers v Dundee

This is based on being at home to the second seeds, and the second non-seed out of the hat. The former is set in stone as a rule of the competition, and the latter has been the pattern since the return of the group stage in 2016-17.

11 minutes ago, markthedee said:

I reckon our fixtures will be (in no particular order):

Dundee v Inverness
Raith Rovers v Dundee
Dundee v Peterhead
Cove Rangers v Dundee

This is based on being at home to the second seeds, and the second non-seed out of the hat. The former is set in stone as a rule of the competition, and the latter has been the pattern since the return of the group stage in 2016-17.

Hope you're right, wouldn't mind ticking off another ground. Saying that, I've never been to Peterheid either to my shame.

1 minute ago, chomp my root said:

Hope you're right, wouldn't mind ticking off another ground. Saying that, I've never been to Peterheid either to my shame.

Cue the SPFL changing it and making me look more of a tit than usual, but our home fixtures against the unseeded teams have so far been:

2016/17: Dumbarton (2nd unseeded out the hat)
2017/18: Buckie Thistle (2nd unseeded out the hat)
2018/19: Brechin City (2nd unseeded out the hat)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Chomp, better bring the winter woolies, it is not known as the blue toon because of being a hun village, it’s fecking freezing at the best of times. 💨💦🌊

• Funny 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Huggs66 said:

Chomp, better bring the winter woolies, it is not known as the blue toon because of being a hun village, it’s fecking freezing at the best of times. 💨💦🌊

Yes, went up for the pre season friendly last year & it was freezing.

• Like 1

Start at Raith, then midweek at Cove. 

Saturday at home to Peterhead, following Sunday at home to ICT. 

So, just Raith for me. 

A revisit to the scene of Moussa's glorious debut .

imo the more memorable moment was Hendry's powerful header for the knock down .

Will miss Raith and probably Cove, on holiday. Will be at both home games

Worked out well for me . I'm on holiday 20th-27th so have gone from potentially missing three games to only missing one.

• Like 1

The way we have played against lower league opposition in recent years and with two away games to start I hope we are still in with a chance of qualifying by the time it gets to the two home games. Maybe this will be the year we will start to gub lower league teams for a change but with the Betfred being so early in the season it always throws up shock results.

The squad will be heading to Spain for pre season training . A friendly will be played on 2nd July at the Pinatar Arena.

2 hours ago, markthedee said:

Only 800 tickets for the Cove game which will go on priority sale to 2019/20 season ticket holders.

From official website....

"Our allocation for the match will be approximately 800 and as such these are likely to sell out while on priority sale to 2019/20 Season Ticket ticket holders."

I doubt this very much however fair play at spinning it to try rush people into buying a season ticket. When and if they do eventually sell out I'd expect the home end to have pockets of derry boys regardless. 

Edited by Cavorter